The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
CR45H
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Oh i know we're not clinical enough, thats one of my biggest annoyances with pool at the moment..
how can we have 20 chances and not convert one?
I'm not so fussed finishing 3rd or 4th.. long as we get a CL place minimum.. since Rafa should get more funding with transfers in theory, so lets wait for the summer? :p:
yeah, like when crouch had that chance i thought thats it you've scored *heart in my mouth moment*, it would be awesome if next year there were 4 teams seriously competing for the title, i cant recall a time when there was 4 teams competing for it!! would be really good for the game!! was supposed to happen this year but only united have given chelsea some stiff competition.
lauren_00
Report 11 years ago
MOURINHOOOOO, ARE YOU LISTENING?
BETTER KEEP THE TROPHY GLISTENING
CAUSE WE'LL BE BACK IN MAY
TO TAKE IT AWAYYYY
WALKING IN A FERGIE WONDERLAND!!!

ok so we weren't gretat, got outplayed however, points are what win championships not performances..sooo...yesssssssss ssss! lol
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think sarforaz raises a good point, I am personally rather worried. Even after this win I don't hold much optimism for our ability to put a match beyond the other team. Looking at the team when Henrik Larsson's gone you'd have to hope Louis Saha finds some form, as Cristiano Ronaldo looks the only real goalscorer.
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The great thing is, you can afford to sneak the 1-0s now, so it doesn't matter who, or how, you score.

Looking at the run in..

Home: Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd, Boro, West Ham
Away: Pompey, Chelsea, Everton, Man City

You'd expect Utd to win all those home games and get the two more required away - and that's assuming Chelsea win all of theirs. Obviously there is still very long way to go, but it looks quite promising.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is Rossi back at United? I really want him to be given a chance while Rooney is out injured.
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by The_Bear)
Is Rossi back at United? I really want him to be given a chance while Rooney is out injured.
No he's at Parma and doing quite well actually.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can he be recalled since our strikeforce is currently...fat boy Saha?
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
I think sarforaz raises a good point, I am personally rather worried. Even after this win I don't hold much optimism for our ability to put a match beyond the other team. Looking at the team when Henrik Larsson's gone you'd have to hope Louis Saha finds some form, as Cristiano Ronaldo looks the only real goalscorer.
True, I hope Larsson stays but don't think it would happen. The same thing was said at the start of the season when we sold Ruud and the media was asking where the goals are going to come from but look at our goals tally. Only gary neville from the first team hasn't scored yet so I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of goals being scored.

Rooney and Saha are more than capable of scoring enough goals and as long as the likes of Scholes, Giggs and Ronnie help out we should be fine. I aslo hope Smith gets some playing time againt Boro, it wasn't long ago that he was a striker and did score some crucial goals for us.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't think he would be recalled, we have to deal with what we have. Smith did well against newcastle in the reserves and hopefully should be on the bench soon.
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Saha hasn't scored for a long time, but i remember his performances have been mostly very good, just missing the all important goal. I think we have gone through a 'blip' in form and still won all the games in this blip. I'm just hoping that we now regain the form.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
Saha hasn't scored for a long time, but i remember his performances have been mostly very good, just missing the all important goal. I think we have gone through a 'blip' in form and still won all the games in this blip. I'm just hoping that we now regain the form.
He scored on wednesday
Ruch182
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As soon as Saha came on against the Scousers he made an immediate impact...his dribbling was incredible and almost won us a penalty. He just needs to improve on his finishing and keep his head up, but he'll do fine for us for the run in to the end of the season.
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
He scored on wednesday
In the prem :p:
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
0-0, and you ****ed it up! Come on you Reds!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wayne Rooney needs a scan on his knee, and Henke's doing one. Ole Solskjaer is injured too. That leaves Louis Saha, possibly Alan Smith, but probably Cristiano Ronaldo. And no Paul Scholes as second striker for a few games either.

Mayhaps we should deploy super versatile John O'Shea!
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wayne should be fit though, but we're still short of strikers. I think someone liek Alan Smith should be given a go, I really didnt liek it when we got rooney and smith was put ob the side lines, he use to score goals left right and centre for a short time.
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's also Dong, although he has no Premiership experience. Dunno if there is a recall clause in Rossi's loan deal cos if Rooney's out that could be a possibility
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
There's also Dong, although he has no Premiership experience. Dunno if there is a recall clause in Rossi's loan deal cos if Rooney's out that could be a possibility
I reckon Dong will play. Not very soon, but this season.

Too late for a medal though :doh: though let's not jinx it
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
No i don't think so, check out his winning goal for his debut, classic Rossi goal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUo3fiKsA_o
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
No i don't think so, check out his winning goal for his debut, classic Rossi goal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUo3fiKsA_o
He played last week and scored a penalty towards the end of the match. He did miss a penalty earlier though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads