Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We've won and are through to the quarter finals, thanks to Henrik Larsson.

But Mikail Silvestre was stretchered off near the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domisakin)
    I know its mean but...

PSV HAVE KNOCKED ARSENAL OUT!
    You should have posted that in the Arsenal thread

Unfortunately, I had to watch that match all night since Arsenal supporters outnumber me tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    When's the draw for the next round?
    Friday midday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    You should have posted that in the Arsenal thread

Unfortunately, I had to watch that match all night since Arsenal supporters outnumber me tonight.
    hehe true. I know the feeling, 4 arse fans in my family...im the only one who see's sense

Edit: and what a way to use my 100th post lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domisakin)
    Friday midday
    Having looked at the teams left in I dont actually fear anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Having looked at the teams left in I dont actually fear anyone.
    Yesterday was brilliant, it knocked out Lyon, Inter and Barcelona.

Quarter-finalists in full:
    Bayern
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    PSV
    Roma
    Valencia

One of Milan or Celtic, more likely Milan,

And us. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    PSV please

ReputationRep:
    i have got a feeling we'l be getting roma or bayern in the quarters

ReputationRep:
    Roma would be ideal. Not a minnow like PSV/Liverpool as that would make us complacent but a team with a bit of quality.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure we're ready for a big team tbh...yes we won but it was all rather dissapointing. Especially bearing in mind we were at home.

ReputationRep:
    Roma would be ideal. Not a minnow like PSV/Liverpool as that would make us complacent but a team with a bit of quality.
    we can beat the 'best' team in the world + champ holders, lose 1-0 in a game we shouldve won and you think we'd be easy? lmfao...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    we can beat the 'best' team in the world + champ holders, lose 1-0 in a game we shouldve won and you think we'd be easy? lmfao...
    Shoulda woulda coulda :p: Barca certainly didnt play like the best team in the world in either leg, and arent exactly 9 points clear at the top of la liga either :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Manure arent playing like the best team in the world either, just the luckiest :p:

ReputationRep:
    Manure arent playing like the best team in the world either, just the luckiest :p:
    I'm happy to be a fan of the luckiest team in the world to be honest. Since you make your own luck, it's a title that reflects well on us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    I'm happy to be a fan of the luckiest team in the world to be honest. Since you make your own luck, it's a title that reflects well on us.
    making your own luck, is just a saying, hardly true...
    When the ball came off Reina's hand it was luck that it fell to O'Shea. On the balance of probabilities it could've fallen to him, or gone anywhere else, Reina didnt try and hit the ball to him, nor did O'Shea stand their knowing the ball would come to him, therefore he was lucky in being at the right place at the right time.
    What he did do right and made in his own right, was being clinical in the finishing touch, which he alone had to apply, so credit for him there...

Only question that remains is; how long will the luck last?

Well done CheGriffin for getting predictions right :yy:

ReputationRep:
    making your own luck, is just a saying, hardly true...
    When the ball came off Reina's hand it was luck that it fell to O'Shea. On the balance of probabilities it could've fallen to him, or gone anywhere else, Reina didnt try and hit the ball to him, nor did O'Shea stand their knowing the ball would come to him, therefore he was lucky in being at the right place at the right time.
    What he did do right and made in his own right, was being clinical in the finishing touch, which he alone had to apply, so credit for him there...

Only question that remains is; how long will the luck last?
    Had it not been for United's generally positive approach this season, opportunities such as free kicks like the one resulting in John O'Shea's goal would not have come about. That's what I mean by making your own luck.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck in the quarters guys. I've been obsessed with this trophy for a decade, and we've missed out again. I'm shattered. But I still know, and love, great football. So give 'em hell, United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Good luck in the quarters guys. I've been obsessed with this trophy for a decade, and we've missed out again. I'm shattered. But I still know, and love, great football. So give 'em hell, United.
    One of the most reasonable rival fans ive come across in a while...good on you :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Good result for us not too sure bout Mikel hope he is okay!

I want Roma!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.