Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Park has finally shown is true ability: never knew he had it in him. seems like you were right Juwel. looks like Ferguson has worked his magic again. bloody hell. him, ronny and rooney were awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville has suffered ankle ligament damage and will be absent for about three weeks. Including both England games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    You also tipped Chelsea to lose 2-1 :p:
    Well Chelsea have kept up their end of the prediction!

ReputationRep:
    Bah, Andriy Shevchenko adds an assist to his early goal, Salomon Kalou profiting. 2-0 to Chelsea, that's got to be dead and buried too now.

ReputationRep:
    hulse don't look clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    hulse don't look clever
    Did he break the leg?

ReputationRep:
    Christ Sheffield Utd are playing like they want to be entertaining Argyle next season.

SIR ALEX CONFIRMS NEVILLE BLOW

Gary Neville will miss England's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Andorra after damaging ankle ligaments against Bolton.

The Manchester United captain was injured in a challenge from Gary Speed after just eight minutes of the 4-1 victory.

Speaking after the win, Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he expects Neville to be out for around three weeks.

"Gary sustained ligament damage and is likely to be out for three weeks," Ferguson told PremPlus.

"It is a blow. There is no question of that."

Steve McClaren's side play Israel on 24th March and Andorra four days later.

Neville's replacement for England will likely be Micah Richards, although the Manchester City stopper limped off against Middlesbrough.

ReputationRep:
    Wes brown provides more than adequate cover. In my opinion, he'd be an England regular if it wasn't G. Neville...

(Original post by domisakin)
    Wes brown provides more than adequate cover. In my opinion, he'd be an England regular if it wasn't G. Neville...
    True that, Brown is a class player!

ReputationRep:
    Poor Gary Speed:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Poor Gary Speed:
    :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    Just back from the game, absolutely shattered! We played well, and some good link up play from players too. Ronnie was awesome, but the sooner Richardson goes the better, didn't really do much when he came on. Good to see Smudge getting playing time again and fitting in with the team. Shame about Nev's injury, but we've got adequate cover in Wes, good atmosphere or most of the game too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    ...but the sooner Richardson goes the better, didn't really do much when he came on.
    :rofl: Couldnt agree more. I know i'd probably be lynched at the mere suggestion that Carrick is either overrated or has been underperforming, but i wasnt at all impressed by what i saw...

Great assist by Smudge too :yy: But after the brace from Park, cant see him starting any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    wesley will be good enough to replace gnev short term. I'm glad it's nothing more serious than a few weeks.
    Richardson is shoddy and o'shea was poor to begin with. O'shea may be good as a squad member but richardson certainly is not.

ps bexTait, just noticed your from lancaster! me toooo, where did you go to school at?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, Michael Carrick has been excellent. Watch him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Erm, Michael Carrick has been excellent. Watch him.
    Perhaps ive been watching too closely! Gives the ball away an awful lot, and too often opts to play it back. I havent seen an awful lot of this apparently incredible passing ability, too....

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps ive been watching too closely! Gives the ball away an awful lot, and too often opts to play it back. I havent seen an awful lot of this apparently incredible passing ability, too....
    His focus on safety and his link play between defence and attack has been of supreme importance. Paul Scholes himself will tell you how important Carrick has been to his own play, allowing him to focus on attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    His focus on safety and his link play between defence and attack has been of supreme importance. Paul Scholes himself will tell you how important Carrick has been to his own play, allowing him to focus on attack.
    But at the cost of £18m, do you reckon he's been value for money?

ReputationRep:
    But at the cost of £18m, do you reckon he's been value for money?
    Don't see why not, now. He's contributed to a team with far and away the best attack in the league, nearly the best defence, about to win the Premiership, and he'll do it some more next season.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.