The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well that Tottenham fan did run onto the pitch and aim a left hook at Lampard, luckily for him he ducked it before getting jumped on by multiple stewards and players.
Reply 8721
Yesterday was a close call Man U played well and Boro never had a decent chance i was soooo nervous about the match i did not even see Ronaldo puit the penalty away. Hopefully we will be able to beat Watford and get into the final at Wembley!

The treble is still on! :biggrin:
If we don't win the Treble, I wont be disappointed. I think we have Chelsea to compete with on three fronts and that is hard.
Reply 8723
jaydoh
If we don't win the Treble, I wont be disappointed. I think we have Chelsea to compete with on three fronts and that is hard.

Very true; I'd be more than happy with just the League.
Reply 8724
If Utd and Chelsea both go through to the final (as im expecting) who gets the additional uefa cup place?
domisakin
If Utd and Chelsea both go through to the final (as im expecting) who gets the additional uefa cup place?

The league I think.
So how many of you are from Manchester? :biggrin:

MCFC :cool:

haha, only joking, you guys, although I hate to admit is as a hardcore city fan, you've done well this year and deserve to win the league.
Reply 8727
sebas_back
The league I think.

oh rite, guess that makes sense. :yy: Perhaps more motivation for Blackburn...
Wythenshawe
So how many of you are from Manchester? :biggrin:

MCFC :cool:

haha, only joking, you guys, although I hate to admit is as a hardcore city fan, you've done well this year and deserve to win the league.

Blue Moon, You started singing too soon, We saw your sad fans in tears, And now it's 32 years :cool:
If we dont win the premiership after being in this current position with the players and form that we have, I'll be gutted. FA Cup will be down to us and Chelski, and anything can happen, but of course it would be nice to win. I dont think any team can ever expect to win the champs league, but we have as good a chance as anyone and would be a dream end to a great season.
Anyone else find it funny watching and listening to Ronaldo at the end of the game?? "He's good and don't he just know it!"

And Mourinho seems so miserable, heheh, he's a funny ****er. Even after they win. It's hard not to like him.
Reply 8731
white_haired_wizard
Anyone else find it funny watching and listening to Ronaldo at the end of the game?? "He's good and don't he just know it!"

And Mourinho seems so miserable, heheh, he's a funny ****er. Even after they win. It's hard not to like him.

Its deffo a portugese thing...:rolleyes:

Anyone heard about the Utd-Chelsea rescheduling? FA cup semi final means the clash is shifted to late April - 2nd last game of the premiership season. If anything, that can only be good for us..
haha it was an awesome interview. He said "maybe someone don't like me...maybe it's because i'm too good....!"

hahaha. he deserves to be this arrogant the amount of stick he's been given over the past few seasons, particualrly this one from opposition fans!
domisakin
Its deffo a portugese thing...:rolleyes:

Anyone heard about the Utd-Chelsea rescheduling? FA cup semi final means the clash is shifted to late April - 2nd last game of the premiership season. If anything, that can only be good for us..

Yehp, it's been rescheduled to May 9th according to someone I know and BBC have updated their fixture lists
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm
so seems pretty true!
It's good news 'cause league will hopefully be all over by then!
Reply 8734
white_haired_wizard

Sometimes Ronaldo's interviews grate with me. When he says things like "the team helps me", I know I'm being really nitpicky but there's still at least a question mark over his loyalty. And I wonder how he'll feel mentally if he loses his excellent form.
Juwel
Sometimes Ronaldo's interviews grate with me. When he says things like "the team helps me", I know I'm being really nitpicky but there's still at least a question mark over his loyalty. And I wonder how he'll feel mentally if he loses his excellent form.

I understand your point, but another way to look at that comment is how poor his english actually is, he makes comments irrelevent to the questions asked because he doesnt understand the qu, so who's to say he actually understands what he's saying fully
"the team help me" could be meant really genuienly not how it sounds, he could mean in the sense of it was down to the team not just me yet his phrasing his poor...
i'm not criticising your view here btw, just something i thought when you said it.
He used the word polemic.

Most English people won't even know that is a word.
Reply 8737
lauren_00
I understand your point, but another way to look at that comment is how poor his english actually is, he makes comments irrelevent to the questions asked because he doesnt understand the qu, so who's to say he actually understands what he's saying fully
"the team help me" could be meant really genuienly not how it sounds, he could mean in the sense of it was down to the team not just me yet his phrasing his poor...
i'm not criticising your view here btw, just something i thought when you said it.

I guess his use of words and phrases could be better, but his uptake of English has really impressed me. Couldn't speak a word in his first few months at Old Trafford. Hah, now I remember his debut; he loves tormenting Bolton.

Err, yeah, to me (because I'm sceptical like that) it sounded slightly as if he felt the team was there to give him the ball or finish off his product or otherwise serve him or something. It's more likely that he means he loves having such a good team around him, but I can't help but feel sceptical.
Reply 8738
An extract from uwsonline.com (that I'd lifted from elsewhere :ninja:) that I found amusing:

'When it suits we live round the corner in Newcastle or Sunderland or Portsmouth, and yet at the same time we all live in Guildford - or maybe we are all from Norway. Or is it China, or Ireland? I get very confused.

'Our fans are a bunch of prawn sandwich eating muppets yet every week we are a 'disgrace to football' because our fans are mindless violent neanderthal thugs stuck in the 70's.

'Old Trafford is a morgue where you can hear a pin drop - yet referees are always intimidated by the atmosphere of those fans into giving us an injust penalty.

'If we are bottom of the fair play league - its because we are dirty animals, if we are top of the fair play league - we bribe the referees.

'All the fans who packed out Old Trafford in the 70's 80's and 90's stopped going the day we finally won the title and gave their season tickets away to people who had never been before.

'It gets very confusing at times.'
sun
Ferguson in F-word rant

ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘*********g bastard’ and told him to ‘****** off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . ”

FERGUSON: “*********g (inaudible) bastard.”

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.”

F: “****** off to you.”

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.”

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. ****** off. Right?”

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?”

F: “You *********g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.”

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.”

F: “*********g hell with your answers.”

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.”

F: “****** off.” (door slams).

Haha Fergie going loopy

Latest