Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I think we'll do them at Old Trafford.

Chelsea have a harder task than us, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I think Chelski will struggle to get though and think they will have to score at least 2 over there to stand a chance. As for United, we should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    In anyone else bit upset with scholesy..dont get me wrong hes one of my favourite players..a genius..but I think with his experience and at this level of competition he should be able to keep his cool and know that (before the 1st card) he is at risk of gettin suspended and (after the 1st card) he is at risk of gettin sent off. The first foul on the half way line was so unnecessary...I just wish he could be a bit more disciplined because hes such an important player to the team..

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel being owned by a John McCririck look a like?

PS Leeds arent owned by Bates.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent goal from Rooney yesterday and Rio and Brown were immense at the back.

Feeling a bit disappointed in Scholes though, he should have known better than to just make two silly tackles in such an important match. That first tackle was completely unnecessary. However the good thing is that we have the away goal and hopefully we do better in the second leg.

Hope all the fans who travelled to Italy are ok, some of the scenes were shocking and the Italian police behaved like animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    In anyone else bit upset with scholesy..dont get me wrong hes one of my favourite players..a genius..but I think with his experience and at this level of competition he should be able to keep his cool and know that (before the 1st card) he is at risk of gettin suspended and (after the 1st card) he is at risk of gettin sent off. The first foul on the half way line was so unnecessary...I just wish he could be a bit more disciplined because hes such an important player to the team..
    :ditto: Right from the go i got the feeling he wouldnt be on the pitch for long. Tis a shame really, i can only assume he got a lil' carried away. Good thing he's only out for 1 game though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leftite)
    How does it feel being owned by a John McCririck look a like?

PS Leeds arent owned by Bates.
    Since when did the looks of an owner matter? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    ...Rio and Brown were immense at the back.
    Really? Cant really fault them considering the atmosphere and the absence of Neville and Nemanja. Having said that though, our defence was far from perfect on the night.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Disgusting:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6528597.stm

Reports of attacks before the game as well

"The doctor said I was very lucky to be alive - I was 2cm away from being dead."
    A Man United fan after being stabbed making his way to the ground...

Something needs to be done about this disgraceful behaviour.

(Original post by CheGriffin)
    Disgusting:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6528597.stm

Reports of attacks before the game as well

A Man United fan after being stabbed making his way to the ground...

Something needs to be done about this disgraceful behaviour.
    :ditto:

Its getting rather sick and disturbing, someone need to address this situation, Italian fans are a disgrace to football and there passion for the beautiful game is over the top.

ReputationRep:
    Has no one heard of the stories of going to Rome, Turin, Milan etc. for a european away? Some of italy's hardcore fans are just that, hardcore. Feel very sorry for innocent people who get ambushed outside the ground but to be honest piles of United fans charging a thick perspex shield with police on their side of the fence was hardly going to get them free pasta all night.

Liverpool fans have been to Rome and Turin three times in the last 5 years now and had all kinds of things pelted and throw onto them during the 90 minutes, the odd person has tried to cross no mans land and get in with the home fans only to beaten by the police before getting very far - charging them is just daft. Cant help but think there would have been more than a handful of mancs out in Rome last night with the sole objective of getting into an old fashioned ruck.

The way the police behave in a football stadium in Italy can be barbaric and was over the top last night and needs to be looked at by the italian authorities, but was also inevitible.

ReputationRep:
    FORZAAAA ROMA!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don S)
    FORZAAAA ROMA!!!!!!!

Yeh coz Arsenal did so much better than us last night. Oh wait...i almost forgot...YOUR OUT!

(Original post by domisakin)
    Yeh coz Arsenal did so much better than us last night. Oh wait...i almost forgot...YOUR OUT!
    :rofl:

(Original post by kpg)
    Has no one heard of the stories of going to Rome, Turin, Milan etc. for a european away? Some of italy's hardcore fans are just that, hardcore. Feel very sorry for innocent people who get ambushed outside the ground but to be honest piles of United fans charging a thick perspex shield with police on their side of the fence was hardly going to get them free pasta all night.

Liverpool fans have been to Rome and Turin three times in the last 5 years now and had all kinds of things pelted and throw onto them during the 90 minutes, the odd person has tried to cross no mans land and get in with the home fans only to beaten by the police before getting very far - charging them is just daft. Cant help but think there would have been more than a handful of mancs out in Rome last night with the sole objective of getting into an old fashioned ruck.

The way the police behave in a football stadium in Italy can be barbaric and was over the top last night and needs to be looked at by the italian authorities, but was also inevitible.
    They're just as bad as there own fans in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    you're* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Pitty I used my rep on Domaskin, Don s looks like he wants some
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by kpg)
    Has no one heard of the stories of going to Rome, Turin, Milan etc. for a european away?
    it's not just on the CL stage, but also domestically.

There have been problems for a while, especially whan it comes to local derby matches, especially where Roma and Lazio are concerned (with their "ultras" or whatever they're called).

Also I could never understand why they are allowed flares. Ever since watching Italian football on Channel 4 years ago, there would be incidents where games would have to be paused or delayed due to flares being thrown etc...nothing would be done, sometimes members of the crowd would become hurt as a result of them being thrown...

Also it really says something when football clubs are forced to put cages up to stop supporters doing something stupid...

Mind you, i don't think they're nearly as bad as the Argentinian league, nbut that's another story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domisakin)
    oh wait a minute yes, we did beat man united twice this season, the only team to win at old trafford as well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don S)
    oh wait a minute yes, we did beat man united twice this season, the only team to win at old trafford as well..
    And still you find yourself struggling in 4th place. You and your wingeing manager have had an appalling season. How can you go from being unbeaten on season and then slowly slide down?

But hav lost to a host off other teams Sheff Utd springs to mind. And i swear they had a defender in there goal for the last 20 mins? (or was that another game?) :confused:

We've only lost 3 times to you and West Ham. Thatas why where top of the League!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.