Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Welcome to the society opiache
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Just back from the match. **** me what a game. I have no voice left after that, the atmosphere was fantastic, just a pity it can't be like that every week. Some cracking football from us, and we took our chances well. Brillant to see some of the names back on the score sheet too, Smudger and Rooney to name but 2. Didn't really think Roma played well enough to deserve their goal, as good as it was, and the silence that followed it before our ironic cheering was good. Still not entierly sure whether I've dreamt the whole thing or not (I guess that's what 9 days work on the trot does to you)!!!

Most of the team impressed me with their performances today, although Giggs still wasn't really himself, and the less said about Richardson the better (wouldn't mind him going come summer). Hope Rio and O'Shea haven't picked up anything serious.

Never did put a prediction in for this, I remembered at work today, but once it got to half time I guessed that it wouldn't really matter as nobody would've guessed that.

Well up for saturday now, hopefully we'll continue the form at Villa Park.
I thought the opposite..he was amazing..pure genius!

Well theres not much to say about the match last night..anyone who saw it will know how good united were and the score line speaks for itself. Had to pinch myself a few times last night cause I almost couldt believe what I was seeing. The treble is on and there is no stopping us now!

Who would everyone prefer to get in the semis? Itll be pretty tough, ether milan or munich? A munich 99' repeat would be brilliant!

oh one more thing COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
Welcome to the society opiache
:hello: opiache
(Original post by hayles101)
Who would everyone prefer to get in the semis? Itll be pretty tough, ether milan or munich? A munich 99' repeat would be brilliant!
I've not watched them for a while, but would still pick Munich over Milan, just because of the flair players Milan have, and the dangers that come with the likes of Kaka, Pirlo etc....

I think tactially, Utd would be able to maintain Munich a lot more that Milan...

But really wouldn't mind either way.... rather them 2 than Chelsea/'Pool in the semis.
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks guys
AC Milan would probably be a more exciting game than Bayern...then again Bayern's style of play probably suits us better. They're both easily beatable if we perform on the night, I think.

Oh, and how do I get the United shield to show up next to my societies?
Forté
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im not so sure about this slight preference for Bayern in the next round. Ronaldo and Giggs wont find it so easy to drift past - their team is heavily defense orientated, and damn good at it too. You've just got to look to Milan's stuttering performances both domestically and in europe this season, to know thats the easier passage through. Either way, im convinced Bayern are going through tonight...:rolleyes:

(Original post by opiache)
Click on the bit saying "Join..." in Laika's signature. You'll find the relevant bit in there
decola
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Apparently Bayern are being raped by injury at the moment.
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by opiache)
If you mean te bit inbetween the rep and Location (where you have the Union Flag at the moment) it under the "Flag" drop down list in Edit Profile.... if you meant joining the soc domisakin got it spot on.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by CheGriffin)
If you mean te bit inbetween the rep and Location (where you have the Union Flag at the moment) it under the "Flag" drop down list in Edit Profile.... if you meant joining the soc domisakin got it spot on.
Yeh, what he said. I totally misread the question

You've got a point with the injury crisis deco...should be interesting to see how they cope.
IzzTheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by domisakin)
Yeh, what he said. I totally misread the question
Thanks guys was a bit confused but think I've got it now
..Northern Soul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
[QUOTE=opiache]Thanks guys
AC Milan would probably be a more exciting game than Bayern...then again Bayern's style of play probably suits us better. They're both easily beatable if we perform on the night, I think.

Oh, and how do I get the United shield to show up next to my societies? [/QUOTE

Its extraodinary the arrogance of some scummers.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Moving on...

Looking very much like its gonna be Milan in the Semi's....
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Word up, Milan got them with a sucker punch of two goals, actually i didn't see the goals but they were in quick succession.
Musicalie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sebas_back)
Naturalement. Fortunate enough to have my number up in the ballot.
I wasn't :rolleyes: but I've managed to get a ticket from elsewhere so all is well
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Never seen this before, ref is actually biased in favour of the away team?! :laugh: Not taking anything away from Milans performance so far, but the standard of refereeing in europe is an absolute joke.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bring on AC MILAN!
Pace-less defense + Ronaldo = annihilation
gunners r us
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
forza milan
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ally Kat)
I second all that. Got to be one of the best matches I've been too. It more than made up for the dismal display at Pompey. Hopefully they can keep up the performance in the league as well because #we want our trophy back!# Anyway, all I can say now is bring on Saturday. Anyone else from here going?

Indeed, tho exatly how is under heavy consideration at the moment, to drink or not to drink hmmmm...

I thought the opposite..he was amazing..pure genius!
I didn't think he was rubbish, I just didn't think it was one of his better performances. Some of his passes and runs were top quality, but then again others weren't. I also thought there were times when it showed he's lost some of the pace he had as he looked rather slow, if you get what I mean.
Rafa
So another Italian team awaits us in the semi-finals, it's fair to say that Milan aren't having the best of season in the Serie A, they trail Inter by 33 points, thats plus the 8 point deduction they incurred. I honestly didn't believe that Milan would be able to pull off what they did last night and beat Bayern by 2 clear goals at the Allianz Arena, the German side will probably never get a better chance to beat an off colour Milan team who played poorly the first 20 minutes and looked disorganised.

I fear for our fans again who have to travel to Milan, they haven't had the best of lucks with away games in these knock out stages, they had that awful crush scare when they were pushed against a 10-foot high fence and also last weeks Italian police battering.

Bayern have finally opened the door for Hargreaves to join us;

"If it is right that there is an offer of €25-30million (£17million-£20million) for Hargreaves, then I would seriously consider it," he admitted on Premiere television.

"I think the board also think this way to satisfy the needs of the player."
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I only saw a tiny bit of the match last night and from what i saw Hargreaves didnt perfrom very well at all. What does anyone who saw most of the match think of his performance?
Rafa
I only saw a tiny bit of the match last night and from what i saw Hargreaves didnt perfrom very well at all. What does anyone who saw most of the match think of his performance?
I thought he did quite well actually, him and Van Bommel work well together, it just didn't happen for them on the night. Hargreaves would be a great acquisition to the club and would compliment Scholsey and Carrick really well.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads