The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ghost101)
I hope we do a mourinho style, you can either stay and play, or stay and be miserable.

Seriously, like a week into the season everyone will forget about whats happened.
A player staying and being miserable, staying against his will, sure, the player in the situation (i.e. Ronaldo and his agent) have got their way with things, but it can't be good for the dressing room, team morale, and having a decent player like that not playing that much, not playing with that much heart, and getting paid an awful lot of money each week for not providing value for money.

It's probably better that Ronaldo goes, sell him on for profit (can't see it being for much profit mind you), and we get a replacement....I'd like to see Owen Hargraves at united, we're badly missing a midfield engine, and Hargreaves could provide us with this, but i very much doubt he'd come. He seems content with Bayern Munich, perhaps Gattuso...
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess the manchester united haters have got there way! I'm gutted that Ronaldo wants to leave, on his day he can run rings around the defence of any team and I love to watch him play. Yes there are aspects of his game which need to be improved such as his tendency to dive however he is a great player and will be a great loss to utd.

I like the sound of gattuso and pirlo though. I can't see this happening to be honest but you never know.

As for hargraves, I can't stand him, yes he played well for England in the world cup but I dont think he is of sufficent to drive our midfield.
Mr power
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I guess the manchester united haters have got there way! I'm gutted that Ronaldo wants to leave, on his day he can run rings around the defence of any team and I love to watch him play. Yes there are aspects of his game which need to be improved such as his tendency to dive however he is a great player and will be a great loss to utd.

I like the sound of gattuso and pirlo though. I can't see this happening to be honest but you never know.

As for hargraves, I can't stand him, yes he played well for England in the world cup but I dont think he is of sufficent to drive our midfield.
Ye i agree with daveo that i too love ronaldo playing. I really hope he doesnt go because we cant lose both ruud and ronaldo. Carrick would be a good move along with pirlo. Marcos senna is a world class centre mid, i dont know how old he is but i would take him anyday. good news about sol campbell leaving arsenal hehe .
Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
:ditto:, now let's get 20 million for him. Maybe to sign Baptista off Real
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
we need to see how all of this develops in the next week.
spongepantssquarebob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh sorry to say it but a no go on hargraves, dont think hes consistent enough, and sad to see Ronaldo wanna leave. he playd totally different for portugal as in the fake dives and stuff will miss him putting pressure on defence around the country.... but sellin him mean money = more players = ???
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Berto90)
:ditto:, now let's get 20 million for him. Maybe to sign Baptista off Real
I'm not sure he would adjust to the prem.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ðaniel §on)
yeh sorry to say it but a no go on hargraves, dont think hes consistent enough, and sad to see Ronaldo wanna leave. he playd totally different for portugal as in the fake dives and stuff will miss him putting pressure on defence around the country.... but sellin him mean money = more players = ???
I'm not sure he will definetly leave. Fergie might have a word with him to say the least.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
does everyone have sky and is that how they follow utd matches?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr power)
I'm not sure he will definetly leave. Fergie might have a word with him to say the least.
I'm not so sure he'll leave either, and if he does then its going to be for a very large sum of money.

does everyone have sky and is that how they follow utd matches?
Wish I did have Sky, I unfortunately have to follow most of the games on the radio unless I'm at a bar/pub, and then watch the highlights as well in the evening.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
Yep, you're right. Ronaldo will cost a lot of money to buy, so if we get a huge sum of money theres a lot of players we can buy. Would we need a right mid, i think park would do a fine job.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Riquelme for me
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
riquelme as good a player as he is would be another veron. Hes 28, im not sure how many eyars he can give us.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, you're right. Ronaldo will cost a lot of money to buy, so if we get a huge sum of money theres a lot of players we can buy. Would we need a right mid, i think park would do a fine job.
I do like Park, he puts in so much effort and he's been constantly improving since he arrived. But he's a completely different player to Ronaldo, and we will definitely miss him if he goes.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not just out of the goodness of your heart then :rolleyes:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what, Old Trafford? :rolleyes:
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
http://hollywood.outsidethebeltway.c...-slip-photo-1/
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
nice piz lopez but why post it here lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads