The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Musicalie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
0-0 at half time. So far so good. Let's just hope Newcastle can keep it up.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Newcastle have been the better team really, getting down their left side and causing Ferreira a few problems. I'd still settle for the draw, mind :p:
Van der Zak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yh things going as planned lets hope chelsea dnt respond
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't get your hopes up guys. I've seen the games where they played Wigan, Everton, Valencia, Watford etc all thinking the same at that stage until the usual happens.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sharpshooter)
Don't get your hopes up guys. I've seen the games where they played Wigan, Everton, Valencia, Watford etc all thinking the same at that stage until the usual happens.
Their luck has to end sometime, have faith in the geordie lads
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Their luck has to end sometime, have faith in the geordie lads
No. The Newcastle atmosphere against us was brilliant, really up for it with people like James Milner playing out of their skin. Wont score a goal like that against Chelsea will he?

I may have some faith if Newcastle score first, other that I'm under the assumption Chelsea will get a winner at some stage.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bigger chance now than there was at the start of the match, guys!!!

Newcastle are doing well.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
0-0 back in the driving seat
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Good result for us
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
go Newcastle Utd, yeah baby yeah
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What a result that is.... i had a feeling it would happen *points to vBookie*

GET IN :top:
Musicalie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am soooo happy right now. Thank you Newcastle Phew, I can breathe again now.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ally Kat)
I am soooo happy right now. Thank you Newcastle Phew, I can breathe again now.
That last 10 minutes was as bad as watching United, and when Joe Cole shot deep in injury time I nearly died I laughed at all the mentions of United fans on prem+ saying every time Chelski were on the attack we would be hiding behind the sofa, well he wasnt wrong:p:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We've been let off the hook today, make no mistake about it.
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Newcastle were quite good though. Again this is a let off, im sooo glad though
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*Is shocked*

Well done Newcastle. I remember having a go at Newcastle fan back when we last played them after the 2-2 draw accusing them of probably rolling over for Chelsea when their game was up but they haven't so I for that I am delighted.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle. And then everything will turn out for the best . . . "

In my own sadistic little way, I'm enjoying the race though!!! In all honesty, I couldn't see Chelsea dropping points today. It was a bit strange - they seemed quite subdued, I thought. Sure, CL coming up, but they wouldn't think like that.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Massive result for us,hopefully we don't take mess things up against Everton.
Musicalie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
That last 10 minutes was as bad as watching United, and when Joe Cole shot deep in injury time I nearly died I laughed at all the mentions of United fans on prem+ saying every time Chelski were on the attack we would be hiding behind the sofa, well he wasnt wrong:p:
Haha I know, I couldn't even bring myself to watch the match, I was following it on MatchCast! I'm looking forward to watching Match of the Day now :p:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
"When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle. And then everything will turn out for the best . . . "

In my own sadistic little way, I'm enjoying the race though!!! In all honesty, I couldn't see Chelsea dropping points today. It was a bit strange - they seemed quite subdued, I thought. Sure, CL coming up, but they wouldn't think like that.
It's true. Tired or not, they really should've turned the screw on us bigtime. Especially if you consider that a one-point gap would have been immensely good for morale and might've carried them through the games against Liverpool anyway.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (75)
29.41%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.65%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.94%

Watched Threads