The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sebas_back
How anyone can say they'd rather play Liverpool in the final is completely beyond me, and tbh, borderline moronic.

Why not?

You don't see Chelsea as the Number 1 threat?

Sure, Liverpool are good in Europe, but better than us/Chelsea...?

As i've said, i think playing Chelsea 3 times in that short space of time will prove problematic, and the odds on us slipping up just once are high (regardless on whether or not the Premiership is wrapped up by then).

Either way, we don't get to decide, we'll just have to fend off Milan and take whoever is waiting for us...
In Europe or not, IMO Chelski are a better team than Liverpool so I would prefer Liverpool in the final. I also agree with the post above that playing Chelski 3 times in a couple of weeks gives a high chance that we wont win all 3.
The_Bear
It's hard for me, defeating the dirty scousers in the CL would be a great feeling but defeating Mourinho would be personal. Beating Liverpool is like beating your girlfriends ex at pool, beating Chelsea is like beating the ****er she is cheating on you with.

I could spend my entire life on TSR and never, never I tell you, would I be able to come up with something as cleverly put as that.

Credit to you, sir!!!

I'm in the sad position where I just hope for a great match in Athens. I'd personally prefer Liverpool v United - it would be an amazing experience for European football to have two of its most famous rivals meet to decide the greatest crown of them all. It would be a unique and very special moment in the respective clubs' histories as well. But what will be, will be, and a great match strongly contested would be luvvly jubbly, whoever that may be.
Liverpool = easier
Chelsea = satisfaction

I agree with The Bear.
Reply 9884
UEFA fined us for the nonsense with Roma in the stands. £14,500. They shouldn't have bothered.
Reply 9885
The_Bear
It's hard for me, defeating the dirty scousers in the CL would be a great feeling but defeating Mourinho would be personal. Beating Liverpool is like beating your girlfriends ex at pool, beating Chelsea is like beating the ****er she is cheating on you with.

Very well put mate! :yy:
How could you enjoy Liverpool-United?! Losing would be the worst day of my life. If you can't understand that you need to have a look at the history books. If Chelsea win, it's as good as no-one winning. They are effectively a win by default. It would hurt, guaranteed, but seeing a group fascist cockney bastards lauding it up thinking they'd won something on merit would go some way to healing it.
sebas_back
How could you enjoy Liverpool-United?! Losing would be the worst day of my life. If you can't understand that you need to have a look at the history books. If Chelsea win, it's as good as no-one winning. They are effectively a win by default. It would hurt, guaranteed, but seeing a group fascist cockney bastards lauding it up thinking they'd won something on merit would go some way to healing it.

but winning would be ecstasy :biggrin: We have shown twice this season that we are better than Liverpool, if we face them in the final there should only be one winner :cool:
Reply 9888
Ronaldo VII
but winning would be ecstasy :biggrin: We have shown twice this season that we are better than Liverpool, if we face them in the final there should only be one winner :cool:

But in truth Phil they did play better against us at Anfield, we never deserved to win that game, i personaly wouldn't mind who we get, i know we've got that attacking mentality to score against any team.

There's talk that Rio and Vidic will be ready in time for Milan next week, apparently Vidic has recovered well and is back doing physical training.
Reply 9889
They can't come back soon enough. I'm just worried that if they're rushed back, then get injured again, they could be out for the rest of the season.
AYE
They can't come back soon enough. I'm just worried that if they're rushed back, then get injured again, they could be out for the rest of the season.

I have that fear with Rio, as it nearly happened against Boro and he could have been out for much longer there after coming back too soon. With Vidic, as his wasnt a muscle injury such as a pull or strain, I think that when he has trained he can go straight back into the team. Of course im no doc and we'll have to wait and see but I hope this is the case.
there has been talk of neville coming back aswell, dont know how true it is tho
I think there is too much talk of who united would rather meet in the final. We still need to beat Milan.
Reply 9893
1987 College Guy
I think there is too much talk of who united would rather meet in the final. We still need to beat Milan.
what he said ^
Reply 9894
Winning on pens at the Stretford End. Couldn't even make that up!
I cant wait for a Liverpool vs AC Milan final again :p:
Reply 9896
sarforaz

Your lot hasn't won anything yet.
sarforaz

you mean you cant wait to see liverpool in the final, but then your dreams will end when utd beat you :biggrin:
Reply 9898
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UCBxOEcxxOA

All of Rossi's goals are on this vid if anyone's curious.
havent posted in here for months, (I'm still joint 6th in the predictions table though :p:). Having said that, I doubt I would have predicted some of the barmy scorelines recently.

Good to see we're going strong on all fronts. Didn't expect us to be in such a good position in Champs League before the Roma matches... also good to see that Liverpool are going to win precisely fudge all this season :p: *break dances*

Latest