Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    Yeah that is true but don't you think most of those trophies are getting a bit rusty now?

Nope, we pay sir alex to polish them every few weeks to earn some money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    I agree that he's average, but I post this question:

If he were playing for a ***** side like say...Bolton, wouldn't everyone be saying Man U is after him
    What does they say about man u ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Nope, we pay sir alex to polish them every few weeks to earn some money.
    No wonder the trophies haven't disappeared as yet, afterall you never know what would happen to the trophies when a scouser is hired.

ReputationRep:
    why do all liverpool fans just live in the past get over it your no longer the best team anymore yous are finished especially when Benitaz goes to real

ReputationRep:
    I think he's a good player. Man Utd should be more concerned with their centre midfielders than wingers. When Scott Parker became available, they should have been in for him straight away. Apparently they're going to try and buy Riquelme at the end of the season aswell, which would be a bloody good purchase if they could get him

ReputationRep:
    They should just play a traditional 4-4-2

Neville-Ferdinand-Brown-Heinze

Ronaldo-New Midfielder-New Midfielder-Giggs/New Left winger

Rooney-Van Nistelrooy

ReputationRep:
    If hes playing **** he shouldnt be playing. Same rule should apply to every player anywhere in the world - reputation or past achievemnts should never guarentee a starting place regardless of form.

ReputationRep:
    I think he should play, because he is simply a great goalscorer. Anyone who can get the ball and stick it in the net as much as him has to be good.

Park is a great player, but the problem is that man u have ronaldo, giggs, fletcher and richardson too, and they are all great players. but man u are missing a player for the centre of the park, so playing with a man behind the two strikers (either rooney behind saha and ruud, or either giggs or ronaldo behind rooney and ruud), would make sense.

i dont think Riquelme would be suited for the premiership to be honest..hes a good player but i think La Liga and the Premiership are both different...i mean take Diego Forlan for instance..didnt do too good here and was crowned golden boot last season with Thierry Henry while he was playing in La Liga.....Riquelme is a class player but i dont think Man Utd need him.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd need all the good centre midfielders they can get. Thats the one position they are terrible in, with the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park and Smith all giving it a go this season but none of them being any good there. They could do with Scholes coming back, and bringing in 1 or 2 quality players

i think Liverpool have a great team (even though im a Man Utd supporter)...Man Utd are missing a Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso and Liverpool are missing a Ruud Van'nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney..........true?

(Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Man Utd need all the good centre midfielders they can get. Thats the one position they are terrible in, with the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park and Smith all giving it a go this season but none of them being any good there. They could do with Scholes coming back, and bringing in 1 or 2 quality players
    i couldnt agree more dude....i think Mahamadou Diarra and Michael Ballack would be perfect for Man Utd!

ReputationRep:
    So predictable. So true.

ReputationRep:
    But Chelsea seemingly have got the Ballack deal tied up, and I think I've heard other clubs being linked to that Diarra fellow. I honestly think Man Utd should have been in for Parker, Carrick and Paul Robinson years ago. They might not be in the predicament they're in now if Ferguson would buy some English players for once instead of relying on dodgy british players like Flethcer and Liam Miller and foreign ones no one has ever heard of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafy)
    i think Liverpool have a great team (even though im a Man Utd supporter)...Man Utd are missing a Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso and Liverpool are missing a Ruud Van'nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney..........true?

Xabi Alonso isn't mind-blowing though. What's he done apart from score two flukes against Luton? He's hardly comparable with Keane or Viera in their pomps, is he?

ReputationRep:
    He's a passing midfielder. you have to watch him carefully to see why he's absolutely brilliant. He very rarely wastes a pass, and has unbelievable awareness and vision on the ball. He's a lot like Veron was when he was at his height at Lazio and Parma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    If hes playing **** he shouldnt be playing. Same rule should apply to every player anywhere in the world - reputation or past achievemnts should never guarentee a starting place regardless of form.
    Agreed. But he is the premiership top scorer in all fairness

ReputationRep:
    Rooney has been a the best player as he inspires the team, and in the Newcastle match he was great. But I would also like to give a shout out for Saha. But Saha please score goals in the Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    A good question is who should Manchester United buy in the summer to renew their poor midfield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunners12)
    why do all liverpool fans just live in the past get over it your no longer the best team anymore yous are finished especially when Benitaz goes to real
    You mean.. he hasnt just signed a contract until 2010?
    Were not living in no past.. out of the past 3 years.. what team won the more important trophy?
    Sir alex needs to learn when to give up, hes gave manchester united a lot but he is out of date now.
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Xabi Alonso isn't mind-blowing though. What's he done apart from score two flukes against Luton? He's hardly comparable with Keane or Viera in their pomps, is he?
    Alonso isnt in his pomp yet though is he. He is still relatively young. He is absolutely mind blowing when on top of his game. Juventus for example, he had 45 mins of game time since coming back from injury yet still kept the whole juve midfield occupied.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.