The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: The best part of match of the day is watching the Chelski fans cheering when Everton scored their 2 goals :toofunny:
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I remember one of you guys saying earlier this week how United always do it the hard way. You're bloomin well right about that one, that's for sure!!! :p: :p: :p:

About twenty minutes before the end of the match I was looking at the table to see just how you'd thrown it away. Then in short order I was looking at how you'd pretty much won it. United are rough even for a neutral to watch sometimes!!! :p: :p: :p:

Incredible.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well Done Man U, you are becoming a comeback team (most frustrating to loss against) but you are on your way to win the league since a certain Chelsea messed up. Have got to admit though what a goal by Fernandes whoa, Im liking this player. Was brilliant against Arsenal. Anyway thats all for me
Good Night
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
heh.. man u deserves the title this season even though im not a man u person (*cough* chelski *couch*) lol
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My take on the game:

Poor performance by United for 65 minutes of the game.
Gifted 3 goals, scored 1 goal after we'd lost all hope.
Game turned with Ronaldo came on.
Everton lost it; United didn't win it.
United incredibly lucky that we made 3 unbelievable errors to allow your 3 goals.
Great fighting spirit.
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ziggy Stardust)
My take on the game:

Poor performance by United for 65 minutes of the game.
Gifted 3 goals, scored 1 goal after we'd lost all hope.
Game turned with Ronaldo came on.
Everton lost it; United didn't win it.
United incredibly lucky that we made 3 unbelievable errors to allow your 3 goals.
Great fighting spirit.

How about the own goal that gave you that hope in the first place?

And United did win it, in which ever way you look at it.
-Kav-
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
I remember one of you guys saying earlier this week how United always do it the hard way. You're bloomin well right about that one, that's for sure!!! :p: :p: :p:

About twenty minutes before the end of the match I was looking at the table to see just how you'd thrown it away. Then in short order I was looking at how you'd pretty much won it. United are rough even for a neutral to watch sometimes!!! :p: :p: :p:

Incredible.
It's certainly getting intense, but endgame '99 made recent events look like a picnic. The biggest matches are still to come, though, and I'm sure United have a few tricks up their sleeve yet in the battle to give me a heartattack. :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
Er - we were easily the better team for 60 minutes of the game.

I can't remember a game when so many individual mistakes have cost goals.

Yes, United got the points, but a freak show by certain individuals handed them on a silver platter.
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And the own goal ?

I was impressed by Everton though, but for 45 mins we we're better than they were in the 1st half.
Twisted Blood
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Yes, United got the points, but a freak show by certain individuals handed them on a silver platter.
Small time
Twisted Blood
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Barca)
Well Done Man U, you are becoming a comeback team (most frustrating to loss against) but you are on your way to win the league since a certain Chelsea messed up. Have got to admit though what a goal by Fernandes whoa, Im liking this player. Was brilliant against Arsenal. Anyway thats all for me
Good Night
We are THE comeback team baby!
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)

10,000th post :party:

United needed that little bit of luck really, on another day it could have stayed 2-0 and we'd all be very frustrated, but that's the way it went. I think Everton gave us far too much space and 2 sloppy goals...

On a seperate note, where did Fernandes come from and how much? Seems a good great find by Moyes.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by CheGriffin)

United needed that little bit of luck really, on another day it could have stayed 2-0 and we'd all be very frustrated, but that's the way it went. I think Everton gave us far too much space and 2 sloppy goals...

On a seperate note, where did Fernandes come from and how much? Seems a good great find by Moyes.
He's from Benfica, he was on loan to Pompey for the first part of the season, then Everton took him on loan for the rest of the season.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Remind me of 1 save VDS made in the whole match? I can recall 3 shots from Everton; the free kick that Edwin had but Carrick stuck a leg out, the rocket from Fernandes and the 35 yard over the top from Neville. Everton were on top in the first 15 mins and a lot of the rest of the 1st half was probing by united and Everton not getting much support to their striker. 2nd half was 100% United apart from Everton's 1 counter attack in which they scored.
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by CheGriffin)

What? my post?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ole_Gunner)
Small time
Pardon me?

Care to explain?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Remind me of 1 save VDS made in the whole match? I can recall 3 shots from Everton; the free kick that Edwin had but Carrick stuck a leg out, the rocket from Fernandes and the 35 yard over the top from Neville. Everton were on top in the first 15 mins and a lot of the rest of the 1st half was probing by united and Everton not getting much support to their striker. 2nd half was 100% United apart from Everton's 1 counter attack in which they scored.
He picked the ball out of the back of the net twice for a start.

I didn't say we were dominant, nor did I suggest that we were bombing your goal with efforts.

After 55 minutes you were easily the better team, and your effort deserved some goals. 4 goals? Flattering, but mistakes will be made..
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
What? my post?
;yes;
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On another note - how much was Wiley on today?

Honestly - has he refereed you before this season?

Unbelievable.

Vaughan booked on his 2nd foul, Heinze booked on his 5/6th foul.

Heinze also ought to have been booked for simulating injury on about 4 separate occasions.

That's the league wrapped up now, anyway.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
If they do I'll neg them :ninja:
Hehe; I hope to see you around here a fair bit more now!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (48)
29.45%
No - I got the required grades (95)
58.28%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.27%

Watched Threads