The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
Just read that we've never lost a European tie after winning the first leg under Fergie.
and only lost 1 of 23 in the clubs history, and that was in 1958 or something, against...milan lol
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
and only lost 1 of 23 in the clubs history, and that was in 1958 or something, against...milan lol
How convenient lol
Rafa
MALDINI CONFIRMS UTD ABSENCE

Milan defender Paolo Maldini has confirmed that he will not be able to take part in Wednesday night's UEFA Champions League semi-final clash with Manchester United.

The 38-year-old aggravated a knee injury in the first leg, but had hoped to recover in time for the decider.

However, boss Carlo Ancelotti earlier claimed he would not be fit to take part despite remaining in the team's training camp, and the player now admits his advancing years have cost him the chance to play.

"I've got a swollen knee and I'm not going to recover in time," he told VivaRadioDue. "I'm getting old."

Italy international Daniele Bonera is expected to replace Maldini in the starting line-up.
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
those stats mean nothing!

Just like when they keep banging on about Liverpool having won the CL 6 times - many of the players there now didnt even play in the last CL final win so it makes little difference - gives a tiny confidence boost if anything.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Clubber Lang)
those stats mean nothing!

Just like when they keep banging on about Liverpool having won the CL 6 times - many of the players there now didnt even play in the last CL final win so it makes little difference - gives a tiny confidence boost if anything.
Exactement!!!

We all do this whoever we support; before a big tie, we get together in little groups to beat eachother into pulps that we can't possibly win. We'll find stats and old memories and throw them into the mix, and convince ourselves before the match that its done and dusted - we always lose in our own minds. But in reality, it can be gloriously different. Just maybe.

Take it from a neutral - you have as good a chance as any I've seen to win this match, and the tie, tonight. Don't be so hard on yourselves and don't find all these reasons just to hate every minute of it. Sit back and enjoy the ride - and we all know that following United must be rollercoaster if nothing else!!! :p: :p: :p: :p:

I say all this partly out of sheer distress that I'm not involved this time around, and partly because I know how horrible it is to get all pent up. :mad: :mad: :mad: But the Champions Cup is so special, and for United, just like Liverpool, this trophy is part of your fabric, part of your club's soul, so enjoy it and just believe that over the next few hours a new wonderful chapter is going to be written. It may not be, true, but what have you lost yet, hours before the match? If Milan were ever bothered about a tie they won in 1958, you've got even less to worry about!!! :p: :p: :p: Enjoy it while it lasts, then the memories, if they're good ones, will be all the more sweet and lasting themselves.

Come on guys, you're going to be alright!!! Chin up, and look forward to it!!! You can win!!!
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My prediction:
Milan 2 : 2 Man Utd
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmmm a score draw for me.

1-1 I think, and hopefully United can get the 1st goal and settle a few nerves.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
predit - 4 - 3 to milan.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1-2

Ronaldo and Scholes.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2-1, kaka and kaka. and scholes oggy.
ManUtdFanDean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2-2
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Kaka to turn on the style in the first half, Milan racing into a 2 - 0 lead. Utd to come back in the second half, overpower 'em, and snatch a typical draw in the dying minutes of the game
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by domisakin)
Kaka to turn on the style in the first half, Milan racing into a 2 - 0 lead. Utd to come back in the second half, overpower 'em, and snatch a typical draw in the dying minutes of the game
Dont think my nerves could handle that :eek:

Im going for a 1-1 draw :cool:
Rainy
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
2 comes after 1, not 3.
ub3r
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Manchester united will win tonight. Same result as the first leg.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
2 comes after 1, not 3.
Wasnt gonna bother making one with 2 when it would need updating in a couple of weeks
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Milan 1 - 3 Utd
Rafa
TEAM LINEUP:

Van Der Sar

O'shea Brown Vidic Heinze

Fletcher Scholes Carrick

Ronaldo Rooney Giggs
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thats the team line up I predicted this morning

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ostcount=10129
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads