The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

white_haired_wizard
Winning the league title is a much bigger achievement than winning the Champions League, FACT. It's important ppl don't lose perspective after a result like this.

Liverpool could win this cup again but in all honesty, it's (their current European successes) only serving to cover up the (immense) cracks in their Premiership form/capabilities. Mourinho is correct in regards to his comment about Liverpool being a cup team. It sounded like sour grapes, it was from him, the way he said it, but it's the truth.

Liverpool hasn't won anything yet. Looking at Milan,I do not think liverpool will be able to finish off Milan,like they did last time around. Ancelloti is clever than that.
It's over :bawling:
jo_ukcrew03
Liverpool hasn't won anything yet. Looking at Milan,I do not think liverpool will be able to finish off Milan,like they did last time around. Ancelloti is clever than that.

A drubbing is on the cards, IMO. Milan will be incredibly pumped up for this final vs Liverpool.
white_haired_wizard
other English teams? Like who?!! :confused:

I am very realistic but am hoping that Arsenal will do well next season,better than they have done this season. :smile:
We got thrashed. Defensively we were a mess and I have no doubt that if our first team was available we would be in the final.
I'm sorry guys - just wasn't meant to be.
well what a joke that was..passing the ball like 5 year olds and apart from 3 or 4 free kicks ronaldo scores he is crap at them...
Reply 10287
Milan will beat Liverpool. I'll settle for the P'ship and FA Cup.
jo_ukcrew03
I am very realistic but am hoping that Arsenal will do well next season,better than they have done this season. :smile:

Arsenal were dreadful this season (losing to PSV for example), obviously it's nice to see as many Premiership teams as possible in the latter CL stages.
Well im truely gutted and pretty embarrased to be honest..not for the fact that we didnt make the final but because of how terrible we played. It was such an opportunity to make the finals for the first time in 8 years, all we had to do was not lose. We just played awful..and ronaldo didnt even look recognisable he was terrible. grrr enough of that its over now we can still get the double and come back stronger next year and I really hope fergie gives the players a good telling off however I dont think his decisions were the best ether. im not amused :frown:
we will win prem but have to win fa to compensate a lil bit for the champs league
A typcial away performance. If they were at Old Trafford, then they would have gone through. What is it with utd? Why don't they play away from home, its only another pitch!! Anyway good luck to Liverpool. They'll need it, JUST LIKE LAST TIME.
Dont know who I would rather knock out more; Gattuso or Flash6289
I agree with Hubert poo. There is always next year though.

I really miss the old rivalry between Arsenal and Man U,hopefully we will start bringing SOME of that back for the premiership title next year. Two teams playing the best football around would be ideal rivals than the HEINEKEN cup teams.:wink: Although, big leaps needed on our parts.:smile:
Ronaldo VII
Dont know who I would rather knock out more; Gattuso or Flash6289

Love it. :biggrin: Say ciao to the treble lads.
Reply 10295
Against half-decent fullbacks ronaldo is so ineffective.
The Double will have to do.
At least we had a chance of getting the treble, lets face it you aint gettin anywhere in the premiership anytime soon, dont have the team for it.
Flash6289
Love it. :biggrin: Say ciao to the treble lads.

at least United were in contention for the treble :wink:

ONLY in contention for a double now, pretty crap really :rolleyes:
Reply 10299
I just hope man utd perform for the rest of the premiership, I hope this game hasnt like ****ed them up if you get what im saying!

Latest