The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sebas_back)
They doubled up on him at Anfield and they still couldn't contain him! Don't know what game you were watching.
remind me what exactly ronaldo did except take that free kick? nothing. what game were you watching?
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
remind me what exactly ronaldo did except take that free kick? nothing. what game were you watching?
The game doesn't begin and end on MOTD. But for the record, remember quite clearly him running past 3/4 Liverpool players towards the Anfield Rd in the first half. Off the ball had them tangled up. Obviously when they **** on us in the second half he had no input to the game, but then he very obviously needs the input from another player.
HigheR
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thank you for that history lesson :rolleyes:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The game doesn't begin and end on MOTD. But for the record, remember quite clearly him running past 3/4 Liverpool players towards the Anfield Rd in the first half. Off the ball had them tangled up. Obviously when they **** on us in the second half he had no input to the game, but then he very obviously needs the input from another player.
what are you on about MOTD? oh ronaldo had a run did he? and ultimately did nothing with it. mate, that's truly game changing :rolleyes: don't get me wrong, ronaldo can be a class player, but citing liverpool at anfield as a big game he performed in is just wrong.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hardly required was it :rolleyes:
sebas_back
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by HigheR)
"It's been done" - me some time earlier today. Draw your own conclusions.
clapyourhands
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
While getting to 2 finals in 3 years is a great achievement, you haven't won anything yet and the CL is a cup competition, requiring a great deal of luck. If only we had the luxury of resting players in the league.

The patriot in me wants Liverpool to win the final for the Premiership, but they play such bland, boring (yet effective) football, I think I'll be cheering on the match fixers.
sebas_back
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by clapyourhands)
While getting to 2 finals in 3 years is a great achievement, you haven't won anything yet and the CL is a cup competition, requiring a great deal of luck. If only we had the luxury of resting players in the league.

The patriot in me wants Liverpool to win the final for the Premiership, but they play such bland, boring (yet effective) football, I think I'll be cheering on the match fixers.
I'm gonna keep banging on about this; there should be no fibre in the body of ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE A UNITED fan that finds it even remotely acceptable for Liverpool to win. I'm not an ABL, not gonna cheer for Milan, buy a shirt etc, but this is NOT how it's done. As for patriotism...again, you're a United fan?
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
what are you on about MOTD? oh ronaldo had a run did he? and ultimately did nothing with it. mate, that's truly game changing :rolleyes: don't get me wrong, ronaldo can be a class player, but citing liverpool at anfield as a big game he performed in is just wrong.
So a Uited-Liverpool is not a 'big game' then? I'd imagine that there are thousands of fans from both sides that would beg to differ...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
So a Uited-Liverpool is not a 'big game' then? I'd imagine that there are thousands of fans from both sides that would beg to differ...
trust me, i know the game's plenty big - that's not the issue :rolleyes:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
he meant citing it as an example of a big game where Ronaldo performed to a high standard... you only read half of the sentence
..Northern Soul
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
WE ALL LOVE MILAN!!

The myth that Ronaldo is the best player in the world has been answered by Kaka.

GET IN!
clapyourhands
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm gonna keep banging on about this; there should be no fibre in the body of ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE A UNITED fan that finds it even remotely acceptable for Liverpool to win. I'm not an ABL, not gonna cheer for Milan, buy a shirt etc, but this is NOT how it's done. As for patriotism...again, you're a United fan?

Oh please, stop with your sensationalist claims. Do not talk to me about claiming to be a United fan. How many times have you been to Old Trafford? Away games?

I watch the Premiership and I'm delighted that 3 teams have made the semi-final, and one the final. It'll only attract bigger and better names to the country and continue to make it the best league in the world.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't care really who wins to be honest, I just want to watch a good match. However, I do tip Milan to win purely because I reckon they will want revenge and also they seem to play the better football. There will be more of a battle in midfield (Gerrard and Gattuso) which should make the game interesting. xx
sebas_back
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by clapyourhands)
Oh please, stop with your sensationalist claims. Do not talk to me about claiming to be a United fan. How many times have you been to Old Trafford? Away games?

I watch the Premiership and I'm delighted that 3 teams have made the semi-final, and one the final. It'll only attract bigger and better names to the country and continue to make it the best league in the world.
As long as I can remember, away games since I was 12 (as often as the ballot will allow). I'm not being sensationalist, I'm just being realistic. And who gives a **** about the Premiership? We're the only team I care about. Listen, if we were in Liverpool's position do you think the rest of the Premiership would want us to win? Did they in 99? Did they ****! I'm not pandering to anyone else, we're our own team. If you want to placate everyone else to like your team, support Arsenal.
sebas_back
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Leftite)
WE ALL LOVE MILAN!!

The myth that Ronaldo is the best player in the world has been answered by Kaka.

GET IN!
Convenient you show up when there's something to shout about (ABUism at it's absolute finest eh). As soon as someone puts something to you you can't answer, you **** off. So perhaps you should do it again.
Captain Scarlet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Convenient you show up when there's something to shout about (ABUism at it's absolute finest eh). As soon as someone puts something to you you can't answer, you **** off. So perhaps you should do it again.
Have some sympathy his team are in league 1 :p: He has to endure the likes of Luton Town and Cheltenham when we get to play against the top teams in Europe. He's just a bit jealous
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
he meant citing it as an example of a big game where Ronaldo performed to a high standard... you only read half of the sentence

My bad, sorry. It's probably why I shouldn't come online after a long, tiring day at work....
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso has launched a stinging attack on Liverpool's "long ball" tactics ahead of the Champions League final.
Gattuso, 29, who played in the 2005 final defeat in Istanbul, dismissed Liverpool as an inferior side to semi-final opponents Manchester United.

He said: "I feel there is a noticeable difference in talent between Manchester United and Liverpool.

"Liverpool are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. Every ball a long ball."

He added: "All they try to do is defend with everybody behind the ball and one striker.

"United have far more technical players, who are quick and able to do things on the ball. Liverpool do not have those individuals."

And Gattuso set his sights on revenge for 2005, when Liverpool came from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

He said: "This final will be different - that I promise. It is important to put the record straight."
Maybe he isnt so bad after all
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads