The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))

That pretty much sums up your season mate and probably will for next season too until you actually buy some quality players.
Well they made a start this year; Tomas Rosicky will spank it from anywhere so if after a while the ball makes it to him and a shot is due...

Arsenal would struggle in basketball, with the 24-second shot rule :p:
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Gabby Heinze for me has looked out of place ever since coming back from injury, he's not as confident as he was when he first came to United, is he still finding his feet again after his injury, i mean he did miss all of last season.

And also, is it just me or has Giggs been misplacing a lot of passes in recent games, could it be because he's not been playing in his natural position and feels uncomfortable roaming around the field.
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gabby Heinze for me has looked out of place ever since coming back from injury, he's not as confident as he was when he first came to United, is he still finding his feet again after his injury, i mean he did miss all of last season.

And also, is it just me or has Giggs been misplacing a lot of passes in recent games, could it be because he's not been playing in his natural position and feels uncomfortable roaming around the field.
He's been awful in recent months, barring sporadic good moments.
Forté
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Glad im not the only one thats noticed :rolleyes: Aswell as the passes, he doesnt seem to want to dribble past opponents anymore. Perhaps its his age catching up with him.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Giggsy's been really rather tired of late. Ronaldo has the luxury that he's the first player we think of when we need to rest people, and that's usually at Giggs' expense. Especially as S'ralex doesn't trust Kieran Richardson much.
Rafa
(Original post by Juwel)
Giggsy's been really rather tired of late. Ronaldo has the luxury that he's the first player we think of when we need to rest people, and that's usually at Giggs' expense. Especially as S'ralex doesn't trust Kieran Richardson much.
I really hope Lee Martin gets given a go in first team next season.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really hope Lee Martin gets given a go in first team next season.
Me too; Dons fans can't stop themselves telling us what a prospect he is.
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Remember Alex Notman, Jonathan Greening, Phil Mulryne...the list goes on.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sebas_back)
Remember Alex Notman, Jonathan Greening, Phil Mulryne...the list goes on.
Isnt Greening the one that got a Champs League medal back in '99, without having played a single game? :rolleyes: I havent seen enough of Martin to comment tbh, but it certainly wont be easy. Chadwick will testify to that.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I'm not a fan of our youth policy. Not one outstanding prospect for years. I just hope the boy Cathcart gets a chance in the team to grow with Rio, Vidic and Evra. That is a young back four that will really grow into a European force.

I'm not so sure a target striker would be necessary although I wouldn't say no to Berbatov/Torres/Villa. Another pacey left/right winger would be great and definitely a midfield enforcer. Not sure Hargreaves can cut it, if we pay over 12m I would be wary. I hope we can get Gattuso, he was the difference between us and Milan and the only reason Milan's aging defence looks good.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmm. players who'd get in the united side...

neville - 32
scholes - 32
giggs - 33
solskjaer - 34
van de sar - 36

milan aren't the only ones with an aging core of the team, granted maldini/cafu are ancient, but inzaghi is younger than solksjaer, kaladze/jankulovski younger than neville (about the same age as rio), pirlo/gattuso/seedorf younger than scholes/giggs. think vds and dida are the same age.

i think milan have blended experience with quality pretty well. kaka is phenomenal and the other 3 midfielders - all 27-30 are experienced enough to play for him and cover their vastly experienced defence. inzaghi is a classic predatory striker, sort of like solskjaer but they always have gilardino in reserve. it won't be hard for milan to attract quality defensive players over the next few seasons with their cl record either.

edit: this current united side have sort of done the same, but they aren't as complete as the milan side, eg, no keano figure and no rvn figure.
The_Bear
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not saying age is a bad thing. In fact it is essential. But Milan's back four couldn't cope with our attack when Gattuso was off the pitch, with Gattuso playing they just simply arent tested very often.

Every great defence has an even better defensive midfielder.
Rafa
(Original post by The_Bear)
I'm not saying age is a bad thing. In fact it is essential. But Milan's back four couldn't cope with our attack when Gattuso was off the pitch, with Gattuso playing they just simply arent tested very often.

Every great defence has an even better defensive midfielder.
Mmm, i'd agree with that.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Should he come, hargreaves would no doubt fit the bill perfectly.
The_Bear
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Manchester United and Everton will be probed by the Premier League over Tim Howard's abscence (sic) from their clash at Goodison Park. (News of the World, Mail on Sunday)

Why? There was no probe after Ben Foster didnt play against us. Anyone buy these **** excuses for newspapers?
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The_Bear)
Manchester United and Everton will be probed by the Premier League over Tim Howard's abscence (sic) from their clash at Goodison Park. (News of the World, Mail on Sunday)

Why? There was no probe after Ben Foster didnt play against us. Anyone buy these **** excuses for newspapers?
Nope, but I do like the way the media like to use "probed" in these situations rather than "investigated".
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wasn't howard bought by everton tho?
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just saw Ball's stamp on Ronaldo. Absolutely diabolical. I hope the FA hands out a PROPER punishment. Not like a £10,000 fine and 2 match ban. Something more along the lines of a 10 match ban and about £300,000 fine or sommat like that. What he did was totally unjustified. Ball just joined the list of players I totally hate.
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Alan Grant)
I just saw Ball's stamp on Ronaldo. Absolutely diabolical. I hope the FA hands out a PROPER punishment. Not like a £10,000 fine and 2 match ban. Something more along the lines of a 10 match ban and about £300,000 fine or sommat like that. What he did was totally unjustified. Ball just joined the list of players I totally hate.
Me too, but we all know it's not going to happen. Ball = an absolute ****** I was prepared to have some respect for Man City yesterday but all they wanted to do was fight. Pathetic
Rafa
We seriously should think about signing Nikola Zigic, he's taller than Crouch but better, he's Serbian and plays for Racing, Fergie might have a chance of seeing him play today if he can catch his flight to Spain as Racing are playing Zaragoza, Fergie's going to watch Pique play, apparently he's been doing really well and has established himself as a first team regular alongside Gabriel Milito.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1620)
79.14%
Leave (427)
20.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise