The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 10880
Juwel
They don't have Ricardo Carvalho. Which would be great for us if we had a centre forward that could bother them a bit.

I think Smudjer can ruffle 'em up :smile:
Hubert Poo
Where are you planning to watch it, guys?

Regrettably, at home delayed on sky plus :redface:
Reply 10882
#2(Laika)
I think Smudjer can ruffle 'em up :smile:

If he plays. It could be that we take the same system to Wembley that didn't do so well in Milan. But I think Alan Smith should play. I think he's recovered suitably and is close enough to the player he was that he could do a job for us.
I think our team will be:

[pre]
Van der Sar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs
Rooney
Smith
[/pre]

and a 2-0 win :smile:
Reply 10884
Yeah, pretty much picks itself, apart from the Alan Smith debate.
Reply 10885
Ronaldo VII
I think our team will be:

[pre]
Van der Sar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs
Rooney
Smith
[/pre]

and a 2-0 win :smile:

Im gonna have to go with Gabby instead of Evra there Phil, Chelsea love to play those long balls and Evra in my opinion wouldn't be able to handle them as well as Gabby can, but the rest of the team is perfect :yy:
Reply 10886
Nah, I'm going with the guy on form, the guy best equipped to exploit the width that Chelsea will in all probability offer us. He could be an option from the bench, could Patrice.
Reply 10887
today we're linked with owen and torres, I hope we don't buy Owen, i'd rather have Torres, even for more than twice the price of Owen tbh
Reply 10888
I think it'll be fletcher instead of smith - to combat their midfield.
Reply 10889
_GUESS_
I think it'll be fletcher instead of smith - to combat their midfield.

Hmm, that could possibly happen, im hoping it doesn't though, im not a fan of Rooney playing up top on his own
Reply 10890
We've gone with 4-3-3 and Darren Fletcher. They've gone with 4-3-3 and Shawn Wright-Phillips. I'm not pleased.
Reply 10891
Juwel
We've gone with 4-3-3 and Darren Fletcher. They've gone with 4-3-3 and Shawn Wright-Phillips. I'm not pleased.

Not pleased at all :frown:
Reply 10892
They've gone with their best formation. We haven't. They're countering the lack of Michael Essien in the middle with going for their best system up front (and presently the best three players they can play in those). Wright-Phillips has picked up form, we know what Joe Cole can do, ditto Didier Drogba.
Reply 10893
TEAM LINEUP

Van Der Sar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Heinze

Fletcher Carrick Scholes

Ronaldo Rooney Giggs
Reply 10894
no predictions?

Im going for a 2 - 1 win
Reply 10895
I think there've been plenty earlier on.

I'm not making one. I really don't know what to expect.
Reply 10896
Boring so far....
I have a horrible feeling it'll go to penalties. Thought we looked better 1st half with some good chances for Roo and Ron if they hadn't been offside, but I think if we up the tempo in the 2nd half Chelsea will do the same and cancel us out.

If it does go to penalties - well, let's just hope it doesn't :s-smilie: I don't fancy our chances.
Reply 10898
I've always believed that Robben brings an extra dimension to Chelsea. Hope I'm wrong on this account.
Why are Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo and Giggs all playing within 6 yards of each other?

Latest