Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Park is good, he hasnt been given a proper run in the team. He makes good runs, has decent distribution. He was a headache for certain teams in the CL with PSV, with his movement. Finishing is definitely his biggest problem.

Forget worrying about Park, when you have players like Darren Fletcher and Alan Smith in the first team (okay its not the case right now), you know you havent exactly got a treble winning team. O'Shea is pretty s-hite as well, and Ferdinand likes to daydream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafy)
    i dont think South Americans can perform in the Premiership..no offence.
    i sort of agree with you. I wouldn't fancy riquelme's chances in the premiership - he is a very similar player to veron and look what happened to him. However, I think Gilberto, Heinze and to some extent Crespo have done very well in the prem. Mascherano's style suits the prem imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Get Gattuso!
    milan could realistically sell him. ON another note, do you speak arabic?

ReputationRep:
    SAF was out of date long ago.
    We shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Riquelme was being watched by Ferguson's brother at Villareal apparantly. Or was he just there in anticipation of Rangers beating them?

ReputationRep:
    SAF was out of date long ago.
    Time will tell mate, we only need a couple of good midfielders and I believe we can then compete with chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Smith is quality. He's no Keane or Makelele but his effort is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    That is a fair analysis to be honest, although im not to impressed by some of your defending.
    Our defending has been poor at times buy they have done well considering the fact that we play without a proper midfield on most occassions.

ReputationRep:
    Would prefer mascherano or Diarra but they would both cost a lot and not sure if they would do well in the premiership.

A more proven player would be Carrick or Nolan as both of them are doing well in the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Davis of Villa is being touted to sign for us next season. Looks a really neat player, but will he just be another Darren Fletcher/Liam Millar?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about effort if ability isnt there. Why did they sell Phil Neville when he's 110% effort.
    Smith has nothing to his game but his aggressiveness, which frankly pales next to world class midfielders like Viera. People only talk about effort when the player is crap. Nobody talks about Rooney's effort.

ReputationRep:
    But I'd rather have Smith as DM than Fletcher or O'Shea. Not that I'm too bothered since I don't even support them but...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Ruud is a quality striker, all my friends seem to think he's rubbish. He's nowher near as sharp as say two years ago, but i'm sure he can get back to that standard, and nevertheless he can stick it in the back of the net.
    His CL goalscoring record speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilt for choice: Smith, O'Shea and the mighty Fletcher(!) ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bottekrank)
    The main reason why Man U bought Park Ji Sung was to sell shirts in Japan and China.
    Arguably not the only Premiership club to have engaged in such business-minded tactics. I really don't blame them. That's what top-flight, top top-flight football is all about - which is arguably rather sad.

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Steve Davis of Villa is being touted to sign for us next season. Looks a really neat player, but will he just be another Darren Fletcher/Liam Millar?
    i dont think Man Utd need neat players like Steve Davis or Darren Fletcher/Liam Miller i think they're all right but not Man Utd quality i think they're good youngsters and might become world class..but now we need world class midfielders who are proven and can perform week in week out in the Premiership and the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    milan could realistically sell him.
    Yep. Main question is the price.

(Original post by ba_ba1)
    ON another note, do you speak arabic?
    Nope. Do you? Just got bored with my current signature and just pasted in some Arabic I found on another forum not that I have a clue what is says. Was hoping someone could tell me in the Islam Soc thread. :rolleyes: When I'm a sub I'll start making pics for my signature. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There are two Diarra's? :eek:
    There's about 50. About half the Mali national team is called Diarra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bottekrank)
    The main reason why Man U bought Park Ji Sung was to sell shirts in Japan and China.
    Oh yeah because the japanese and chinese are bestest friends :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think we must have Beckham back in the team!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.