The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
darth_vader05
i think saha is injury prone and smith- never really seen him play upfront long enough to make a judgement, so we've got rooney, ole and maybe rossi!

i dont know why, but im not sure about torres! rudd, was a world class finisher and on his day he was great. so i'd rather do a straight swap, rather than buying torres who may turn out to be a djemba djemba! :eek: :confused:

Except Djemba Djemba was unproven when you bought him but Torres has already proved himself in La Liga and at the World Cup.
LH
Except Djemba Djemba was unproven when you bought him but Torres has already proved himself in La Liga and at the World Cup.
But so had Morienties! Gah, I don't know. I guess we'll find out if we buy him, but I'm not too keen on him. :s:
Berto90
I don't think he would be as bad as Djemba Djemba, but if we sign a striker, it has to be someone who would walk into the first team. We need quality, not depth.
I know he wont but I'm just not sure! That's what I'm worried about, whether he'll be able to walk into the first team!
Reply 1403
got to wait and see, saha looks like hes past his injury problems to me.
Mr power
got to wait and see, saha looks like hes past his injury problems to me.
Fingers crossed :p:

I can't wait for the season to start!
Reply 1405
same darth vader same mate.
Reply 1406
Anybody know if Dong is likely to be joining us, or will he be staying at Antwerp for a bit longer?

I remember seeing something in a match program about him pretty much set to arrive sometime January, but haven't heard anything since.
Reply 1407
to be completely honest, i dont understand why everyone is getting so concerned about strikers, yes we need a new world class striker, ruud is now as good as gone, but look at our midfield. I think its essential that we sign 3 world class players, whether thats possible is another matter but to compete with the likes of chelsea, our midfield is too weak. We need a defensive midfielder, someone who can sit in a holding role. I also reckon we need two attacking centre mids. Carrick is in the papers as likely to come, but for £15m plus i am not convinced, however, one thing that he does do is distribute the ball very well, i would like to see him at united, but not for anything more than £10m.
I dont think we will get torres, i would have thought we would have made a move by now if we were. To be honest, id rather wait another month and have some quality signings, than fergie rushing into the market, buying a player to satisfy those commplaining aboout lack of transfer activity, and then end up with a player that is not good enough.
The key word is time, its not a matter of if we make a move, its more a matter of when, i am just concerned that the lure and attractiveness of united is not what it once was, and thats my concern.
Reply 1408
Has anyone else noticed that Ronaldo has yet to speak up about these rumours. Heinze was rumoured, spoke out immediately saying it was rubbish. All this transfer speculation, it would be nice to see ronaldo make a firm stance and put an end to these rumours. Its concerning that he hasnt.
Reply 1409
mancred
Has anyone else noticed that Ronaldo has yet to speak up about these rumours. Heinze was rumoured, spoke out immediately saying it was rubbish. All this transfer speculation, it would be nice to see ronaldo make a firm stance and put an end to these rumours. Its concerning that he hasnt.

:ditto:
Reply 1410
mancred
to be completely honest, i dont understand why everyone is getting so concerned about strikers, yes we need a new world class striker, ruud is now as good as gone, but look at our midfield. I think its essential that we sign 3 world class players, whether thats possible is another matter but to compete with the likes of chelsea, our midfield is too weak. We need a defensive midfielder, someone who can sit in a holding role. I also reckon we need two attacking centre mids. Carrick is in the papers as likely to come, but for £15m plus i am not convinced, however, one thing that he does do is distribute the ball very well, i would like to see him at united, but not for anything more than £10m.
I dont think we will get torres, i would have thought we would have made a move by now if we were. To be honest, id rather wait another month and have some quality signings, than fergie rushing into the market, buying a player to satisfy those commplaining aboout lack of transfer activity, and then end up with a player that is not good enough.
The key word is time, its not a matter of if we make a move, its more a matter of when, i am just concerned that the lure and attractiveness of united is not what it once was, and thats my concern.

i agree mate...i think our priority should be signing a world class midfilder....
Reply 1411
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he plans to raid the Italian market this summer.

The Manchester United chief is fully aware of the recent events in Italy, with Fiorentina, Lazio and Juventus relegated to Serie B following the match-fixing trial.

Ferguson feels some of the clubs may look to loan out players for a season and will keep a close eye on developments.

The Scot is in the market for a holding midfielder and striker and there could well be options available to him in the coming weeks.

"It is something we are addressing," he said.

"At the moment, we are not exactly clear who is available and what the circumstances are.

"Some clubs might be looking at loan situations, believing they will get straight back into Serie A, so that is a possibility.

"But we also don't know whether players are available for sale or on free transfers."
#2(Laika)
:ditto:
i'm not sure about firm stance, but i seem to remember reading that he had a change of heart. (again:rolleyes: :p: )
#2(Laika)
i agree mate...i think our priority should be signing a world class midfilder....
thats only if they want to come:p: i really wanted ballack, but the $%^&*"£$% went to chelsea!:biggrin:
Reply 1414
darth_vader05
thats only if they want to come:p: i really wanted ballack, but the $%^&*"£$% went to chelsea!:biggrin:

yeh same here...i wanted him too...but its all about money these days mate....
#2(Laika)
yeh same here...i wanted him too...but its all about money these days mate....
unfortunately :frown:

if you were playing for united, would you ever leave to join chelsea/real?
darth_vader05
would you ever leave to join chelsea/real?

Yes. :rolleyes: :p: :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
Yes. :rolleyes: :p: :biggrin:
:biggrin: if you were playing for chelsea, would ever join real/united?:wink: :p:
darth_vader05
:biggrin: if you were playing for chelsea, would ever join real/united?:wink: :p:

Real yes though I'm unsure about United. It depends where I think I'd be better off, even if it is playing for a rival for a team I support and yes that does apply for Arsenal. :eek: :p:
Reply 1419
I hope the italain raid doesnt mean utd getting toni and veira. I dont want them tbh.

Latest