This week i think we will see 2 new utd signings.
Manchester United legend Eric Cantona believes Cristiano Ronaldo's career will benefit from staying at Old Trafford.
Ronaldo's Red Devils future is currently clouded, with the Portuguese winger likely to be a terrace target next season following his World Cup exploits.
He has also hinted that he wants to join Spanish giants Real Madrid, although United insist the 21-year-old is not for sale.
The most recent reports suggest the tricky wide man will stay at Old Trafford next term, with Cantona feeling it would be the wise move.
Cantona, who inspired United during the 1990s, believes Sir Alex Ferguson is the ideal manager to help Ronaldo fulfil his potential.
"Sir Alex has two very talented youngsters in Rooney and Ronaldo, who will continue to learn every season," said Cantona.
"United are the perfect club at which to improve as a young player.
"They are the biggest club in the world, yet still spend time working with young players and give them a chance to learn.
"Not a lot of clubs provide this opportunity. There is pressure at a club like United, but it's a positive pressure."
Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs believes the return of three of the club's star players will be like having a trio of new signings on board.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Paul Scholes and Gabriel Heinze are all expected to be raring to go come The Red Devils' Premiership opener against Fulham after long injury lay-offs.
With Sir Alex Ferguson yet to bear fruit in the transfer market, and the imminent departure of striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, Giggs is confident the trio will add a new dimension to the squad next season.
Ferguson is still expected to bring in some new faces during the transfer window but Giggs is happy with how the squad is shaping up already.
"You always expect new faces and the manager's hoping to strengthen," Giggs said in The Sun.
"But with Ole, Scholesey and Gabby coming back, it will be like three new signings."
Solskjaer, who has endured an injury-plagued past two years, scored twice during the 4-0 thrashing of Orlando Pirates at the weekend.
The injury had threatened to end the 33-year-old's career but after his glorious return, Giggs expects big things from the striker in the coming season.
"It's just what he needed. He wants to score and that's what he has done," the Welshman added.
"I hope this season he'll be a major part of the team."
Torres can't guarantee he will stay at Atletico - Aguirre
The future of Spain striker Fernando Torres at Atletico Madrid remains uncertain, the club's coach Javier Aguirre said.
"I've spoken to Fernando and he hasn't been able to guarantee his presence in the team in the forthcoming season," Aguirre was quoted as saying in sports daily Marca on Monday.
"The market is still open and a lot of things can happen, but it is clear that every day that passes is one day less for something to occur ... What I want to make clear, though, is that Fernando has a great commitment to the club."
Spanish and English media have reported that Manchester United are prepared to make a bid for the 22-year-old international who was one of Spain's most impressive performers at the World Cup.
The former youth team player has become the talisman at Atletico ever since making his debut as a 17-year-old when the club was in the second division.
Javier Aguirre has revealed Fernando Torres may not be an Atletico Madrid player next season.
Just a day after being reassured the Spain international is not for sale, Atletico coach Aguirre is now contemplating the striker's exit.
The Mexican had been hoping to count on Torres for next term, but after speaking to the player, a transfer may be in the pipeline.
Manchester United have been heavily linked with a big-money bid, while Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur have been credited with an interest in the past.
Atletico insist Torres will not leave the club for less than his £41.4 million buy-out clause, but Aguirre now fears the 22-year-old does not want to return to the Vicente Calderon.
Aguirre admits the club's talisman has not confirmed he will be playing for Atletico next season, although the coach hopes Torres will stay.
"I've spoken to Fernando and he hasn't been able to guarantee his presence in the team in the forthcoming season," Aguirre told Marca.
"The market is still open and a lot of things can happen, but it is clear that every day that passes is one day less for something to occur.
"What I want to make clear, though, is that Fernando has a great commitment to the club."
Torres' agent Antonio Sanz has moved to soothe Aguirre's concerns by insisting his client wants to stay in the Spanish capital and has not received any offers to leave.
"On July 21, Torres will join Atletico Madrid for pre-season training," said Sanz.
"Torres has two years left on his contract with Atletico and then we will see what happens.
"Neither us, nor the club, has received an offer from Manchester United, or any other clubs for that matter.
"After the World Cup, there has been interest from Italian clubs, but not from English clubs, and there hasn't been anything concrete.
"The player's intention is to remain at the club."
Reports emanating from Italy claim Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo is keen for a fresh start, with Spain his favoured destination.
The Italian World Cup winner has been strongly linked with a move away from the San Siro after some impressive displays for the Azzurri in Germany.
With Milan not involved in next season's UEFA Champions League following their guilty verdict in the match-fixing trial, some of the Rossoneri's biggest names are rumoured to be muttering their dissatisfaction behind the scenes.
Pirlo is thought to be one of those unhappy at the prospect of playing only domestic football next season and could be set to leave Milan.
A number of the continent's top clubs have been linked with the 27-year-old, including Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
However, Pirlo's admission of his likeness for Spain will alert Real to the possibility of his signature, although Milan are still determined to hold onto their star midfielder, who has two years remaining on his current contract.
Milan have yet to comment on the situation but should they relent and allow Pirlo to leave, they would most likely step up their bid to sign Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra as a replacement.
Vieira lined up for loan spell
THE FALLOUT FROM THE ITALIAN match-fixing scandal has brought a new dimension to Manchester United’s recruitment drive this summer, with Patrick Vieira among the players under consideration, but Fernando Torres remains the top target for Sir Alex Ferguson as he prepares to wash his hands of Ruud van Nistelrooy.
The Holland forward is expected to leave Old Trafford this week, almost certainly for Real Madrid, with United pushing for a £15 million fee that would improve their prospects of signing Torres from Atlético Madrid. They are expected to open negotiations on that deal once Van Nistelrooy has been sold, but with Miguel Ángel Gil, Atlético’s director general, reiterating last night that Torres is “not for sale, not for all the money in the world”, Ferguson must consider alternatives.
The situation in Italy has alerted Ferguson to the potential availability of leading players from Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio, who have been relegated for their part in the match-fixing scandal. The Juventus pair of David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are certain to enter United’s thoughts, as could Luca Toni, of Fiorentina, but Ferguson is urging his board to explore all options in his attempt to snare Torres.
Of the players in Italy, it seems that the most intriguing possibility is Vieira. The France midfield player is among those likely to be released by the Turin club, perhaps on loan, and, with Arsène Wenger ruling Arsenal out of the running to re-sign their former captain, the situation is one that has provoked much interest at boardroom level at Old Trafford, particularly since no outstanding contender has emerged to replace Roy Keane as the midfield ball-winner. Ferguson discussed the Italian situation in Durban on Saturday evening, after his team opened their pre-season tour of South Africa with an impressive 4-0 victory over Orlando Pirates.
“It’s something we are addressing,” he said. “It’s not clear what the circumstances are with the relegated clubs. Will they want to loan their players out for a year while they’re in Serie B? Will they be put up for sale or will they be freed?” Those comments suggest that United are looking in general terms, which will no doubt fuel rumours in the Czech Republic that Pavel Nedved could be heading to Manchester.
The Juventus midfield player would offer something different to a United team who have lacked creativity, although Nedved’s agent has stated that Tottenham Hotspur are the only English club to have inquired about him. Ferguson hopes to complete the signings of Michael Carrick, the Tottenham midfield player, and Tomasz Kuszczak this week and, with Van Nistelrooy seemingly certain to go and Liam Miller told he can leave, the remaining priorities will be a striker and an aggressive midfield player in the Keane — or, dare one say, Vieira — mould to partner Carrick. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored twice in Durban on Saturday, underlining that he should not be written off, but a top-class forward, such as Torres, is what Ferguson wants to get the best out of Wayne Rooney.
United’s priorities could change if Cristiano Ronaldo continues to push for a transfer to Real, although his mother was reported last night as saying that the Portugal winger would be staying. Most of those in the United party will share the views expressed on the matter by José Mourinho. “If he stays in England, I think he can turn things around,” the Chelsea manager said. “Football players should play a lot and talk very little.”
carick will defo be a utd player. I'm saying this because look at who spurs are signing. theyre goin mad in the window. duff, nedved, jenas, lennon, davids, some egyptain dude, zokora. where the hell will carrick fit into that hey. hes defo ours.
I cant see utd signing viera for a few reasons.
1. Hes 30 so he cud onli give us 1 or 2 good seasons
2. fergies has alredi said that paul scholes will stay in team and with carrick singing looking more liekly where would veira fit in
There is no evidence at all that we will sign Carrick lol and that is a good thing.
I dont want carrick for anything more than £14m, less than that i think it would be ok, he is a promising player. What do you mean there is no evidence, when every paper, news channel and footballing pundit speculates on one transfer, its rarely a coincidence, im sure united have expressed interest in carrick, he went to world cup, we need a midfielder, added to the speculation i think thats evidence enough. Plus, until players are actually anounced as signed, we very rarely ever get evidence of a transfer, unless a player is unhappy and proclaims a move publicaly. I think to expect united and tootenham to come out and declare what is happening would be uncalculated.
same but if its like 14mil and we aint signed ne1 then fine by me.
p.s. i found a internet link for the game tmoz
ron stobbale weve alredi had opinions of the kit. Its 50/50.