Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
    I think we must have Beckham back in the team!
    i dont think bringing back David Beckham would be too wise...hes now 30 and will be a bit pricey...i think Man Utd have too many wingers now anyway..most of them being youngsters who are still learning there trade like Cristiano Ronaldo and Kieran Richardson and also look out for a lad called Markus Neumayr hes in the Man Utd reserves and is touted to be the next German David Beckham ...we'll see about that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafy)
    i dont think bringing back David Beckham would be too wise...hes now 30 and will be a bit pricey...i think Man Utd have too many wingers now anyway..most of them being youngsters who are still learning there trade like Cristiano Ronaldo and Kieran Richardson and also look out for a lad called Markus Neumayr hes in the Man Utd reserves and is touted to be the next German David Beckham ...we'll see about that one.
    he seems like a quality player, and there are a few others.

but i reckon park is not physical enough for the premership. he's got good ability and makes good runs and can play good passes. but in our game against wigan, whenever he had the ball he lost it straight away, so we couldnt exactly play around in the middle of the park. so i guess you're right, he is average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Man Utd need all the good centre midfielders they can get. Thats the one position they are terrible in, with the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park and Smith all giving it a go this season but none of them being any good there. They could do with Scholes coming back, and bringing in 1 or 2 quality players
    Smith was amazing there, I have no idea what you've been watching. I think a lot of people make comments without even watching the games.

Many of the suggestions in this thread are completly batty aswell.

ReputationRep:
    i think he's a lazy player, he's clinical infront of goal but i hate it when he's stationary!!!

my mates seem to think he's on his way out:eek: saha has been playing well, but i think he needs to give ruud a run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafy)
    dude...i dont think Park can play the holding role..Park is more of an attacking player who likes to dribble past people not tackle them :p: ...i think Man Utd will need to buy world class midfielders in the summer to challenge for the Premiership!
    Besides, we need a defensive midfielder in the midfield.

Ronaldo, Park, Giggs = sheer suicide

If only we had Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    Should have gone for Scott Parker.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm 2 goals for Saha today. I can't see Van Nistelrooy getting back into the side any time soon. Although Saha has a pretty awful record with injuries, so you never know...

LUALUA, LUALUA!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Hmm 2 goals for Saha today. I can't see Van Nistelrooy getting back into the side any time soon. Although Saha has a pretty awful record with injuries, so you never know...

LUALUA, LUALUA!!
    i cant believe we didnt score more than 2 goals!! was a tense finish, and Saha should have scored his hatrick.

this is what bbc said about ruud- Ruud van Nistelrooy is again on the bench for Manchester United as the Dutchman only returned from Holland this morning following the death of his wife's grandfather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i cant believe we didnt score more than 2 goals!! was a tense finish, and Saha should have scored his hatrick.

this is what bbc said about ruud- Ruud van Nistelrooy is again on the bench for Manchester United as the Dutchman only returned from Holland this morning following the death of his wife's grandfather
    That is fair enough... but I think he almost certainly would have been a sub anyway.

ReputationRep:
    He was anything but amazing. He has aggression but he doesn't know how to play the position. Just because he kicks people, it doesn't mean he's the next Keane

ReputationRep:
    Well then i hope we agree to disagree on that.

i think Man Utd need to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership next season...weve dont pretty good this season and if it had been 3 seasons ago we would be winning the Premiership with the points we have but Chelsea have just basically bought the Premiership again and seem to buy the best even when they dont need them....i think we need to buy 2 world class midfielders and hope Ruud stays...what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say Chelsea have bought the PL, just that Man Utd have gone a little stale and I agree they need some new blood.

(Original post by Cindy)
    I wouldn't say Chelsea have bought the PL, just that Man Utd have gone a little stale and I agree they need some new blood.
    well the financial backing that Chelsea have anyone could win the Premiership...buy all the best players and get the best manager around...Chelsea are on a different level to anyone when it comes to money.

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone remember when there were so many people stating you can't buy the premiership? How things change as soon as a team is successful.

Man Utd were no different before, with a host of Multi million pound signings - Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy. What's different between Man Utd & Cheslea?

Best ratio based on money V success, would be Arsenal. Not much money spent wih a few trophies. Can't say the same for either Man Utd or Cheslea.

(Original post by walshie)
    Does everyone remember when there were so many people stating you can't buy the premiership? How things change as soon as a team is successful.

Man Utd were no different before, with a host of Multi million pound signings - Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy. What's different between Man Utd & Cheslea?

Best ratio based on money V success, would be Arsenal. Not much money spent wih a few trophies. Can't say the same for either Man Utd or Cheslea.
    the difference with Chelsea and Man Utd is that Man Utd have got money from there success and the way they've built the club and not through a russian billionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafy)
    well the financial backing that Chelsea have anyone could win the Premiership...buy all the best players and get the best manager around...Chelsea are on a different level to anyone when it comes to money.
    That is the difference yes. Whats to stop the owners of Man Utd doing the same. OK they aren't in the same league as Roman where money is concerned, but they could put their hands in their pockets and do something. I feel sorry for Fergie, when was the last time he was able to buy anyone that stood out. Not tht all Chelsea signings have, some have been more hinderence.

i think Fergie is gonna buy big in the summer...i think that Glazers will be forking out some cold hard cash to get us some world class midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion on Fergie? A sore loser! Couldn't even face his own television station after Norwich beat them 2-0 how immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    I feel sorry for Fergie, when was the last time he was able to buy anyone that stood out.
    Van Der Sar? Good signing in comparison to other keepers we once had. Louis Saha's looking more and more like his 12 million we paid him for as well IMO.

Tbh, contrary to belief from what most Man Utd supporters think I believe Vidic looks alright.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.