Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    In what way? :confused:

in terms of being a better soc, having more members, becoming the biggest soc on tsr. i hope so.

(Original post by Mr power)
    rafa did u manage to rep me today lol
    it wont let me dude....

ReputationRep:
    ollie can u close that poll now plz. we need to start a new one.

in terms of being a better soc, having more members, becoming the biggest soc on tsr. i hope so.
    forget about Liverpool Soc...lets just worry about ours....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    it wont let me dude....
    gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    forget about Liverpool Soc...lets just worry about ours....
    yer.

ReputationRep:
    ollie can u close that poll now plz. we need to start a new one.
    You and the mods are the only people that can close it, because you're the thread starter. Click Thread Tools under the page clicker and you should be able to fiddle with the poll. If not then tell me and I'll ask a mod to remove it.

ReputationRep:
    its good to have you back ollie.

ReputationRep:
    ollie since you started the poll surely u can change or delete it?. ive had a look and i cant remove it

ReputationRep:
    ollie since you started the poll surely u can change or delete it?. ive had a look and i cant remove it
    Na I didn't start it, I went into Ask A Mod and pig made it for me. I'll ask them to remove it.

ReputationRep:
    okies nice one.

ReputationRep:
    hey ollie what happened my 2 week rep thing hehe.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    hey ollie what happened my 2 week rep thing hehe.
    Well I've only repped 5 people since I last repped you, so until I rep another 9 people I can't.

ReputationRep:
    Rossi wants to stay

Seems that Rossi would rather try to force his way into the first team than go on loan to a Championship team. Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    i would prefer it if he stays. gives us another dimension.

ReputationRep:
    i would prefer it if he stays. gives us another dimension.
    But will it have a detrimental effect on his career to sit on the bench for practically all games?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think he will sit on the bench all the time. i think if we sign torres then send im on loan if not he shud stay. what u reckon.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think he will sit on the bench all the time. i think if we sign torres then send im on loan if not he shud stay. what u reckon.
    Yeah that makes sense, I mean if we sign a striker then Rossi hasn't got a hope of playing (except for Carling Cup matches).

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd eye Van Nistelrooy return

Van Nistelrooy fell out of favour at Man Utd last season
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson expects to see striker Ruud van Nistelrooy at training on Monday.
    The 30-year-old Dutchman has been at the centre of summer transfer speculation and Ferguson has rejected an initial approach from Real Madrid.

"They have made an offer, we have rejected it," confirmed Ferguson.

"If they don't come back in and increase their offer, he won't be going and I would be content with that. It would not bother me one bit."

Ruud van Nistelrooy's scoring tips

Real have warned they will "not be held to ransom" over Van Nistelrooy who Ferguson values at £16m.

"He is a striker who can score upwards of 20 goals a season and there are not many of those going around," the Red Devils boss said.

The Spanish giants are falling short in their valuation offering just £12m and vice-president Juan Mendoza said: "We are not going to drive ourselves crazy trying to meet valuations which don't bear any relation to the market."

German side Bayern Munich are also in the hunt for Van Nistelrooy if his switch to Madrid falls through.

In the end it will be the player who has the final vote

Real manager Fabio Capello

Real have failed with one bid for Van Nistelrooy, who has asked to leave Old Trafford, but The Bernabeu outfit still remain favourites to capture him.

However, Mendoza added: "We're about to reach the point where we break off all negotiations even though the player clearly wants to play for us.

"It's time to make it clear to Manchester United that Real Madrid are not going to be held to ransom over exorbitant prices."

New Real boss Fabio Capello said: "There is no question that I want Van Nistelrooy.

"The fact that Bayern also want him indicates that the entire market is being scoured by Europe's top clubs looking to snap up the best players.

"In the end it will be the player himself who has the final vote."

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted that the German side have not given up hope of hijacking Real's bid for Van Nistelrooy.

"We are trying to get him signed," said Rummenigge.

"The chances of him joining are changing by the day but we have not written him off."

Rummenigge is still confident Van Nistelrooy would choose a move to Germany over Spain.

"Every club wants to bring in important players, but it's the players themselves who have the final word," he added.

"There is a great relationship between the two clubs, and I know Van Nistelrooy wants to come to Bayern."

The Dutchman has scored 150 goals in 218 appearances since joining United from PSV for £19m in 2001.

I would be happy if we didnt sign torres but ruud stays.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.