Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    I hear viera has signed for Inter, hope so never wanted him here.
    Has he? Where did you hear that?

As long as he doesn't come to United I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    If Ruud goes then we'd have four, considering Smith is being put back into his original position as a striker. That gives us Saha, Rooney, Smith and Solskjaer; and if Ruud goes, we'll sign another striker, so I can't see how Rossi is going to feature to be honest. Loan is the best option IMO.

smith wont be back for a while yet so i woudl keep rossi till then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr power)
    smith wont be back for a while yet so i woudl keep rossi till then
    True. To be honest I think Rossi will just wait to see what happens with regards to Ruud, and whether we sign a new striker, because right now it's too confusing to decide your future for the season when you don't know how far down the pecking order you are.

ReputationRep:
    im getting fed up of waiting. i mean wats happeing with carrick.

ReputationRep:
    im getting fed up of waiting. i mean wats happeing with carrick.
    I really haven't got a clue, I think Spurs are just holding out to see how much money they can get for him.I just hope we don't get dragged into paying well over the odds for him, because even the prices that have been thrown around already seem a bit too much to me.

ReputationRep:
    yer but we do need a mid and time is slowly ticking away.

ReputationRep:
    yer but we do need a mid and time is slowly ticking away.
    True say. Ideally I think we should try to sort out the new centre-mid in time for the LG Tournament.

ReputationRep:
    But do you think Carrick alone will solve our midfield 'problem'?

ReputationRep:
    na we need another mid but we wont get 1 cos where will scholes play otherwise

its goin to be
    ronny carrick scholes park/giggs

ReputationRep:
    hey darth the idea of merging the other utd thread into here sounds cool. if u want to discuss more feel free mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    But do you think Carrick alone will solve our midfield 'problem'?
    Probably not, but we can only hope I mean if we had the money of Chelsea then we'd buy a few and let them fight for their places, but it just doesn't work like that unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    na we need another mid but we wont get 1 cos where will scholes play otherwise

its goin to be
    ronny carrick scholes park/giggs
    but back up would be good, and scholesy is 30 odd isnt he?

why don't you post in AAM and ask the mods to merge the two? and provide a link of the other thread, and to make sure that the first post is yours (if possible) then we'll be bigger

Sir Alex Ferguson has extended an olive branch to marksman Ruud van Nistelrooy and expects to see him back at pre-season training for Manchester United on Monday.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have been linked with a move for the 30-year-old, after he fell out of favour at Old Trafford towards the end of last season.

But the manager will not budge on his £15 million valuation of the prolific goalscorer, and with a deal unlikely to be tied up before United's World Cup stars return to Carrington, Ferguson appears prepared to U-turn on what most people thought would be an imminent departure for the Dutchman.

"Ruud is not definitely leaving and I expect to see him at training on Monday," Ferguson explained.

"I spoke to [chief executive] David Gill on the phone yesterday and there is no development as far as Real Madrid is concerned.

"They have made an offer, we have rejected it. That is where the situation lies.

"If they don't come back in and increase their offer, he won't be going and I would be content with that. It would not bother me a bit.

"He is a striker who can score upwards of 20 goals a season and there are not many of those going around."

New Bernabeu coach Fabio Capello has declared his intent to bring the player to La Liga, but has refused to be held to ransom on what he considers an exorbitant price.

But Ferguson has cited the £29 million Chelsea paid for Andrei Shevchenko and £8.5 million Everton forked out for Andrew Johnson from Crystal Palace in his defence of the price.

The fiery Scotsman's transfer kitty pales in comparison with that of Premiership champions Chelsea, but speaking on The Red Devils' three-game tour of South Africa, Ferguson has clarified his position in questioning the practicality of his rivals' transfer strategy.

"Chelsea have every right to do what is right for their club, just as we have every right to do what is right for us," he added.

"I did not say their transfer policy was bad for the game. It is clearly good for Chelsea.

"But, if it is correct they are going to sign 30 African boys you have to wonder how they are all going to get a game."

United play in the Vodacom Cup final against Kaizer Chiefs on Saturday in a rematch of the 1-0 victory on Tuesday, when Dong Fangzhou's late strike for the North West club sealed the win.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but we can only hope I mean if we had the money of Chelsea then we'd buy a few and let them fight for their places, but it just doesn't work like that unfortunately.
    Unfortunately I would like to see us attacking the Italian market pretty soon! Zamborata, Cannavoro and two others have already switched clubs, and by the time we get there it'll only be the reserves left! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    "But, if it is correct they are going to sign 30 African boys you have to wonder how they are all going to get a game."
    Eh? :confused:

Eh? :confused:
    dunno mate....

ive asked the mod to merge the two threads....and get rid of this poll....

ReputationRep:
    ive asked the mod to merge the two threads....and get rid of this poll....
    I asked too about the poll but dogtanian said she could only close it, not delete it.

I asked too about the poll but dogtanian said she could only close it, not delete it.
    close the whole thread??

ReputationRep:
    close the whole thread??
    The poll I'm talking about lol.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.