The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mithun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Forget the likes of torres and Gattuso, I think the only signing this season might be the west brom keeper,someone we don't really need right now. Our midfield needs to be sorted urgently and it looks like there isn't any funds to buy a world class midfielder.
forkwise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
Forget the likes of torres and Gattuso, I think the only signing this season might be the west brom keeper,someone we don't really need right now. Our midfield needs to be sorted urgently and it looks like there isn't any funds to buy a world class midfielder.
Why? No midfielders have left, right? Unless you mean the midfield was always in need of sorting :p: Anyway Scholes is back next season
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by forkwise)
Why? No midfielders have left, right? Unless you mean the midfield was always in need of sorting :p: Anyway Scholes is back next season
Our midfield may need beefing up but its looking good when compared to your defence

And actually a midfielder has left, Keane...
Mr power
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
yer a keeper is not what we need. plz sign carrick fergie!
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
places to be, people to see.....et al.

Currently typing in Krakow...travelling eastern europe and finding the experience not as much a culture shock as perhaps i'd like and find educational. Krakow and prague are certainly no delhi or indian village Mandawa, which is a shame Probably be returning after a month travelling central, and eastern europe, to do two monthly trips, one to africa and t'other south america...
thats so boss mate. enjoy it!
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
mate you still havent changed the first page. get on with that when u can plz. duff is having a medical at newcastle. good buy.
forkwise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Our midfield may need beefing up but its looking good when compared to your defence

And actually a midfielder has left, Keane...
That is true about the defence
But Keane left ages ago...
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That is true about the defence
But Keane left ages ago...
i think keane was out fifth man back and when he left our defence was exposed at times, because no one could fill his shoes. Scholes tends to lose possession easily at times but with keane there he had cover and knew that keane was behind him and rather than giving away a foul he'd most likely retrive the ball. unfortunately smith wasnt able to do a keane, he tends to lunge for the ball and give away silly freekicks which resulted in us conceding goals.

we definitely need a DM!
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
yer carrick would do well.
forkwise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Or Hargreaves I think a move to the Premiership would do him great
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Or Hargreaves I think a move to the Premiership would do him great
I'm still rooting for Hargreaves to come to United, I'd rather we bought him than Carrick.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
I'm still rooting for Hargreaves to come to United, I'd rather we bought him than Carrick.
:ditto:
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
i suppose hargreaves has better european experince.
Rafa
(Original post by Mr power)
i suppose hargreaves has better european experince.
not even that....Hargreaves has the better engine and drive...the kid doesnt stop running and the main thing is he can tackle...only thing i like about Carrick is his passing ability....
forkwise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He's loads better, it's just that most people don't watch him play. He's great at Bayern
Rafa
He's loads better, it's just that most people don't watch him play. He's great at Bayern
true!
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
not even that....Hargreaves has the better engine and drive...the kid doesnt stop running and the main thing is he can tackle...only thing i like about Carrick is his passing ability....
:ditto:

The problem we've always had without playing Keane is that Scholes can't tackle to save his life, and neither can Carrick - which was exactly why everybody clamoured for Gattuso and Hargreaves, two great tacklers who never give up until the final whistle. I imagine we'll end up with Carrick, but I'd much prefer Hargreaves now signing Gattuso looks impossible.
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
everyones spot on about hargreaves and if we found out anything from the world cup its that hes a decent player and the passion he showed was enormous it would be brill if he wud show the same for united.
Rafa
(Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
everyones spot on about hargreaves and if we found out anything from the world cup its that hes a decent player and the passion he showed was enormous it would be brill if he wud show the same for united.
thats if we sign him
forkwise
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What do you guys think of Rossi? I mean whether he should go on loan or not... I suppose it depends on RVN though
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads