Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lost on penalties 4-3, but none of the big players took a penalty which reflects the importance of this game i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well as I've said before, hopefully we'll get signings once the staff are back from SA.

One thing I really don't get is why people seem so certain that we don't need a keeper.

We've got VDS, but who will be his understudy next season? Howard's out on loan to Everton, and Ben Foster is also going back on loan, which doesn't really leave us with anyone.

I know a keeper isn't exactly top of the list for positions in which we need to sign somebody, but it'd be a signing none the less.

ReputationRep:
    gutted didnt think we would lose. what was our starting team.
    p.s. pirates was kewl

ReputationRep:
    United: Steele (Foster, 77), Bardsley, J Evans, Brown, Evra, Fletcher, (Miller, 77), Scholes, Giggs, Richardson, Rossi (D Jones, 59), Dong (Eagles, 77).

From manutd.com. Would post the whole match report, but it's on 6 pages of the new look site.

ReputationRep:
    Having just read properly through the post match report, it seems that one of the South African players to score a penalty was actually substituted during the game, so shouldn't have been taking a penalty...

ReputationRep:
    lol hu cares it was a rubbish tournament in all essence. i mean were playin pre season so wudnt look much into thtat. wat happened with bergkamps game.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal won 2-1, it was a mickey mouse game in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    yer arsenal always are hehe. hopefully now utd can go back refresh and have the right additions.

ReputationRep:
    You guys may have seen/heard this before but anyway

go on to:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...ive/rumourmill

and fast forward till about 50 mintues and wait till Guillem (spanish sky sports reporter) talk about united transfers in spain.

ReputationRep:
    "Park, Park wherever you may be
    you eat dogs in your own country
    but it could be worse you could be a scouse
    eating dead rats in your council house"

Sorry about that

Oh and Arsenal are not always mickey mouse :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im sure there is no "dead" in that chant

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insists he will not panic buy, despite a quiet summer of transfer activity at Old Trafford.

While Chelsea have been busy bringing in players of the calibre of Michael Ballack and Andrei Shevchenko, Premiership rivals United have been conspicuous only by continued absence.

A host of big name players have been linked with moves to Old Trafford, with the likes of Patrick Vieira and Fernando Torres both thought to be on Ferguson's wish list.

While the United faithful seem eager for their Scottish tactician to start using some of Glazer's cash, Ferguson is adamant that he will not be haphazard in his spending.

"Fans want to see new signings and a new face which makes a difference to our play and bring more success," said Ferguson.

"We are trying to sign a couple of players who would add variety to our play. They are different types of players to the ones we have and that would only strengthen us.

"But, at the end of the day, we will not be stupid. I am quite adamant about that.''

For all the talk of potential big-name arrivals from overseas, Ferguson's primary target appears to Michael Carrick, who he has bid for and been rejected by Tottenham Hotspur and for the moment, it seems the North London outfit are loath to lose their playmaker.

''The bid for Michael Carrick was an attempt to do some fundamental business before the World Cup," he added.

"But Tottenham turned it down and said they are looking at something approaching double what we offered.

"In that situation, I can understand them wanting to play the long game. But we have put a value on Michael and we will not go above that."

ReputationRep:
    there is no dead in that chant, its just an arsenal fan being a muppet, and yes, berghamps testimonial was ****e.

ReputationRep:
    he was a ****e player tbh. slow and dirty tackler. keanos testimonial was waaaaaay better.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I like Man United too! They're good, hey. Not enough for me to join this soc tho :p: But I still appreciate them *appreciates* ^_^

DB_xo

(Original post by danni_bella)
    Oh I like Man United too! They're good, hey. Not enough for me to join this soc tho :p: But I still appreciate them *appreciates* ^_^

DB_xo
    nice one :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)

DB_xo
    what a legend!

ReputationRep:
    morning rafa, hows it going

morning dude...you alright?

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says his summer recruitment drive will be firmly focused on reinforcing the Red Devils midfield.

Whilst Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been active in the transfer market, United have been unable to bring in any news faces so far and Ferguson's side still have a pressing need to find a long-term replacement for former captain Roy Keane.

A host of names have been linked with a move to Old Trafford, with Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra and former Arsenal man Patrick Vieira frequently cited as potential targets, whilst Ferguson is determined not to pay over the odds for Tottenham's Michael Carrick after seeing a bid turned down for the England international.

United have also been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres, but Ferguson has stated the most pressing priority is to bring some class and steel to the Old Trafford midfield.

"The main issue for me is the composition of the midfield. We are not looking outside of that," Ferguson told The News of the World.

"When you lose a player like Roy Keane, which was always going to happen as he was getting older, you have to find a replacement for him.

"It is something I have been looking at for a long time. We have Paul Scholes back after that unfortunate, unusual eye injury and he is back to his best form.

"We also have the quality and experience of Ryan Giggs so it can't be that bad.

"We have youthfulness in John O'Shea, who did a great job for us last year in that position, and Darren Fletcher, so we have some alternatives in there."

Ferguson seems content to allow Wayne Rooney, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Alan Smith, Giuseppe Rossi and Louis Saha to try and fill the gap left by Ruud van Nistelrooy's likely departure, with the Dutchman set to move to Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

Original doubts over van Nistelrooy's future were sparked when Ferguson dropped him for the Carling Cup final against Wigan last season, but the Scot says the striker has made his intentions clear for some time.

"Ruud asked away, it is as simple as that," Ferguson added.

"He asked away before the Arsenal Cup final last year, then asked away through his representative and now has asked away himself in writing.

"Quite frankly, if he wants to leave there really is no point trying to persuade him to stay.

"If a player's heart is not in it then you have to make a decision. I couldn't tell you why he wants to leave or why his heart isn't in it, all I can tell you is he has asked away and we have accepted that."

However Cristiano Ronaldo will not be allowed to leave as easily, despite the winger seemingly having his heart set on a move to Spain.

The Portuguese international's future has been the subject of frenzied debate after his involvement in Wayne Rooney's World Cup quarter final dismissal, but Ferguson says there is no problem between the two young team-mates and that Ronaldo will not be leaving Old Trafford.

"Ronaldo will return to Manchester United. We are not in the process of letting our best players go, certainly not our young players.

"There is no rift between Wayne and Cristiano. In fact Wayne has been fantastic throughout all of this, he has handled the whole thing very well.

"I know Wayne has been in touch with Cristiano and I don't anticipate any problems."

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.