The Student Room Group

Get an A in A level Economics with a low B in AS

Is it possible to get a A at A level with a low B in AS Economics CIE?
This question has been haunting me as to why I should continue with A2 highest I can get is a B.
Original post by AnimalxSpirit
Is it possible to get a A at A level with a low B in AS Economics CIE?
This question has been haunting me as to why I should continue with A2 highest I can get is a B.

Perfectly do-able. If you can get 90% average on your A2 you can even get an A*. To increase chances however I would recommend re-taking your AS alongside A2.
Reply 2
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Perfectly do-able. If you can get 90% average on your A2 you can even get an A*. To increase chances however I would recommend re-taking your AS alongside A2.

But wouldn't that disadvantage you when you apply to some universities ?

I think if you've re-taken the year for A2 it would apply. I got an A at AS Economics but I'm doing a retake for unit 2 at the end of the year to get 90%+ so I have less pressure for my A2 exam. I have some university offers already, I wouldn't think it would make a difference.

Not at all.
You can always do it after you got your uni offer.
I got an offer from LSE asking for an A in econ.
Got an A in AS so once I received the offer I decided to retake my unit 2 and push up the grade.
Made me a little lazy when it came to Unit 4 though because I knew all I had to do was get a C and would end up with an overall A.
Reply 5
I have been thinking that too!!! seriously how is this fair? I checked the 2012 and '13 mark schemes,and there is no way I'll get an A since i got a low B in As.i would be glad to even get a B would that too if I manage to get a high A in A2 :frown:
Reply 6
anyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending