Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else got a crippling amount of work to do over Christmas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just feel like crying, tbh. I need a break and there's no time for one. Anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I wouldn't say I feel like crying, but it's not a break at all. I've got 2 courseworks to do and a lot of revision for an exam as soon as I get back :lol:

ReputationRep:
    C'est la vie, mon amie :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've been back a whole week and all I've managed to do is unpack:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have 2 TMAs (Tutor Marked Assignments) due in just after Christmas which I haven't even started yet for maths and physics

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I have to design a large section of a chemical plant and write a report on it, circa 100 pages

ReputationRep:
    haha nah m8, for my media degree the only assinment i got to do is make sum notes bout xmas tv! #bestdegreeever #livinthedream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocothunder)
    haha nah m8, for my media degree the only assinment i got to do is make sum notes bout xmas tv! #bestdegreeever #livinthedream
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorlibran)
    I know how you feel, I have to design a large section of a chemical plant and write a report on it, circa 100 pages
    Are you a ChemEng student? You're scaring me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have January Mocks but they're mocks, ugh have my epq draft to do and I think that is it. It's less pressure on me than last year when actual January exams existed, and as a year 12 I was still getting use to the heavy work load. I'm going to go by a system of start doing work after the 25th.

ReputationRep:
    Not excessive amounts. Two exams on 8 and 13 jan and an assignment for the 6th. Prob squish it all in from 1st to 5th Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    Are you a ChemEng student? You're scaring me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, are you thinking of doing chemeng?

ReputationRep:
    I worked out I can get it done if I work 8 hours a day with no days off, but that's not going to happen :nope:

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 pieces of coursework all either 2000, 2500 or 3000 words and revision for a January exam... yeah, relaxing is kinda out of the question!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorlibran)
    Yeah, are you thinking of doing chemeng?
    Yes, I thought I had digested the fact that there'd be so much work but...please tell me nice things now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    I just feel like crying, tbh. I need a break and there's no time for one. Anyone else in the same boat?
    You are the master of your fate:
    You are the captain of your soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    Yes, I thought I had digested the fact that there'd be so much work but...please tell me nice things now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The first two years aren't too bad, if you keep up with the work and do plenty of studying you should be fine. There isn't that much coursework to do, mostly exams (I prefer exams, but obviously you may feel differently). The design project is probably the hardest part of the course.

This is at my university anyway, other courses may differ slightly.

If you need any more info. or have any more questions about chem eng, feel free to message me.

ReputationRep:
    2 pieces of coursework, probably not as much as some other people but it would still be nice to have a Christmas holiday where I can just relax and not have to worry about anything!

ReputationRep:
    My university changed essay and exam dates to before Christmas last year so from Dec 13th to Feb 3rd i have nothing i need to do at all.

I'll probably read my Microeconomics textbook over the next 3 weeks at my parents before coming back when the next loan installment goes in on the 13th and cracking on with next semesters reading.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but done a fair amount now

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.