Is being a virgin that bad?

Watch
SharminaSyeda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Why do people in society look down on you for being a virgin? I don't think there's anything wrong in wanting to save yourself for marriage for only one person.

What's your opinion?

(BTW this post is not me writing bad about anyone who isn't a virgin, that's your life, your decision I'm simply asking why people look down it
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SharminaSyeda)
Why do people in society look down on you for being a virgin? I don't think there's anything wrong in wanting to save yourself for marriage for only one person. Why be worn out toy when you can remain in perfect condition?

What's your opinion?

(BTW this post is not me writing bad about anyone who isn't a virgin, that's your life, your decision I'm simply asking why people look down it
Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure tbh

It's the same way how people look down on people with less money, like it's a measure of success or something.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone who thinks it's bad is pathetic to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Creat0r
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Males look down on it because they see it as an achievement.

Females look down on it because they are naturally jealous of everything.

/endthread
SikO124
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. Sex is overrated.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't get the issue either.

I've never had a proper relationship, which appears to be a bigger issue for other people other than myself.
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do people in society look down on you for being a virgin? I don't think there's anything wrong in wanting to save yourself for marriage for only one person. Why be worn out toy when you can remain in perfect condition?

What's your opinion?

Except people don't "wear out" when they have sex.

Not in that way anyway
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it's not a bad thing, but it's not a good thing either. Depends entirely on the person

I definitely couldn't wait more than another 2-3 years, I'd become increasingly sexually frustrated and would continue to lack any interaction at all with a female

I lol'd at ''worn out toy'' and ''perfect condition'', people are people, not objects to hang on the mantelpiece :lol:. Why does losing it prior to marriage infer that you won't stay with the person you lost it with? yes of course most people who have their first time with someone won't stay with the person for the rest of their lives but there are still a few people who do stick with the person for life
SharminaSyeda
Rep:
?
(Original post by snowyowl)
Except people don't "wear out" when they have sex.

Not in that way anyway
I meant it metaphorically
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:puppyeyes: It's seen as bad?.....:cry2:
TroyAndAbed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Name:  community-day-glee-unicorn-virgin-Favim.com-238735.gif
Views: 867
Size:  336.9 KB
SharminaSyeda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Just Another Girly)
:puppyeyes: It's seen as bad?.....:cry2:
Bad probably isn't a good choice of word, but more as like you're out of fashion which is stupid I think
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

What's your opinion?

Calls people who have sex "worn out". Says not a thread writing bad about people who have sex.

Lol. In answer to your question, I don't know. I guess people (rightly or wrongly) assume that you're a virgin because you can't get anyone to have sex with you.
Black Art
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm also staying a virgin till marriage, as a guy I get laughed at but who cares. :P
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ugh you're still a Virgin...keep up! :rolleyes:
Dilsz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's probably due to media influences to tell you the truth. I don't see it as a bad thing nor a good thing it's just a thing
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I meant it metaphorically
I realise that :facepalm2:

But seriously, "worn out"? People don't start to get damaged and tatty when they have sex with people. If your partner doesn't tell you whether they're a virgin or not then there's no way to tell - they don't physically change.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't give a damn if someone is a virgin. ''Virginity'' isn't something physical, it's a made up idea. It's not bad to be a virgin.
bluebubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Black Art)
I'm also staying a virgin till marriage, as a guy I get laughed at but who cares. :P
Aww

Posted from TSR Mobile
Horny Cabbage
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a virgin at 20 and get a fair bit of stick/banter about it from my mates. Tbh it's seen as a bad thing as it kind of hints that you're hopeless with females for guy, and being a proper guy is all about being able to charm a young lady or something. Idk it sometimes gets me down which is people say it shouldn't do but in all honesty it does, but then again I put no effort at all into meeting/chatting up girls so therefore I know atm in my life it won't happen anytime soon. I view it as a bad thing tbh, but cba to try and change it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads