The Student Room Group

Am confused about why this guy I like is acting towards me this way?

There's this guy I like in one of my classes and I really have no idea if he thinks I'm ok or really doesn't like me. He's really good friends with a friend of mine who's also in my class and when she asked him what he thinks of the other girls in the class he said that he thought I was really pretty and nice but shy, and that he wanted to compliment my hair when I got it cut but didn't want to lead me on because my friend told him that he leads people on a lot once yet he complimented this other girl in my class on how nice her jumper looked the other day. He's a very confident peoples person but for some reason whenever I try to talk to him or say something to him, he hardly ever replys or acknowledges I've said anything (except for one occasion recently when we both went out to get lunch with my friend and we laughed and joked around a bit) yet for everyone else he's super friendly and chatty and always initiates conversation. I sat next to him the other day and he practically blanked me the entire lesson and chatted to the guy next to him. I just don't get why he's acting like this as I've not done anything terrible to him, it irritates me that he acts so differently around me for some reason.

Can someone please help me understand why he's behaving like this?

(also i'm not sure if this is relevant or not but he told my friend that he likes this other girl but its really complicated because she has a boyfriend/likes someone else)
Original post by Anonymous
There's this guy I like in one of my classes and I really have no idea if he thinks I'm ok or really doesn't like me. He's really good friends with a friend of mine who's also in my class and when she asked him what he thinks of the other girls in the class he said that he thought I was really pretty and nice but shy, and that he wanted to compliment my hair when I got it cut but didn't want to lead me on because my friend told him that he leads people on a lot once yet he complimented this other girl in my class on how nice her jumper looked the other day. He's a very confident peoples person but for some reason whenever I try to talk to him or say something to him, he hardly ever replys or acknowledges I've said anything (except for one occasion recently when we both went out to get lunch with my friend and we laughed and joked around a bit) yet for everyone else he's super friendly and chatty and always initiates conversation. I sat next to him the other day and he practically blanked me the entire lesson and chatted to the guy next to him. I just don't get why he's acting like this as I've not done anything terrible to him, it irritates me that he acts so differently around me for some reason.

Can someone please help me understand why he's behaving like this?

(also i'm not sure if this is relevant or not but he told my friend that he likes this other girl but its really complicated because she has a boyfriend/likes someone else)

Maybe he knows someone that likes you so he is keeping a distance..
Reply 2
okay as a guy I'm going to have a guess

1- he likes you the lack of talking around you is a clear showing he may be confident around girls but as with most guys we are awkward towards girls we like

2- never believe he or she likes someone there are always rumours floating around school premises
Reply 3
Original post by Padwas
okay as a guy I'm going to have a guess

1- he likes you the lack of talking around you is a clear showing he may be confident around girls but as with most guys we are awkward towards girls we like

2- never believe he or she likes someone there are always rumours floating around school premises

No 1 is defo true. I can easily talk to girls but am very awkward / don't know what to say around my crush :tongue:
he knows you like him and doesn't feel the same way and doesn't want to lead you on?
Reply 5
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
he knows you like him and doesn't feel the same way and doesn't want to lead you on?

I think he knows that I know what he said about me to my friend because she said he knows her well enough to know she wouldn't keep that to herself but I really do hope he doesn't know I like him, that would be mortifying.
Reply 6
Original post by ETRC
No 1 is defo true. I can easily talk to girls but am very awkward / don't know what to say around my crush :tongue:

aren't we all lol
Yeah he doesn't like you. Tough. Move on.

And it's "I'm" ffs :colonhash:
Reply 8
I have a feeling he might like you. I am very chatty and love talking to new people but I can never talk to my crush. Until I started Uni that is. He's in my friendship group but I never really talk to him when we are on our own, only in a group is when I can make conversation. This is because I get really shy as in my head I know I like him. I hope this makes sense. :/
you're probably going to prefer the answers that say he likes you but don't get your hopes up that this is the case
Reply 10
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
you're probably going to prefer the answers that say he likes you but don't get your hopes up that this is the case

No definitely not, as much as I'd love to believe that he likes me back, I've taken off my rose-tinted glasses a long time ago and would much rather people be frank and honest than say that everything's going to end happily ever after if that's not the case.
Original post by Anonymous
No definitely not, as much as I'd love to believe that he likes me back, I've taken off my rose-tinted glasses a long time ago and would much rather people be frank and honest than say that everything's going to end happily ever after if that's not the case.

well no one can tell you for certain what he's thinking, but it's good that you've got a variety of answers as possibilities :smile:
Don't worry about it. Maybe he likes you, maybe he doesn't, but a relationship that's not based on a good level of communication (you said he didn't talk to you yet thought you looked pretty) is probably not worth having anyway. It's nice to be flattered like this and it's good for your confidence, but don't think there isn't something better out there.
Try and get your mind off him and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending