The Student Room Group

Half Arab / half pakistani girl, ask me anything!

Well this is my first forum post, so seeing as everyone is doing it thought id join the crowd! About me; I'm from a mixed background, half Kurdish (ancestors being from Turkey, and later moving to Iraq) and half Pakistani :biggrin: I'm 17 and currently doing my A levels in biology, chemistry, psychology and Philosophy+ethics. I moved to England from Saudi Arabia when I was 16 (about a year ago), but had previously lived in England before I initially moved. haha is confusing, but I enjoy talking (don't know why anyone actually cares) but yes ask me anything! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Einstein786
Well this is my first forum post, so seeing as everyone is doing it thought id join the crowd! About me; I'm from a mixed background, half Kurdish (ancestors being from Turkey, and later moving to Iraq) and half Pakistani :biggrin: I'm 17 and currently doing my A levels in biology, chemistry, psychology and Philosophy+ethics. I moved to England from Saudi Arabia when I was 16 (about a year ago), but had previously lived in England before I initially moved. haha is confusing, but I enjoy talking (don't know why anyone actually cares) but yes ask me anything! :smile:

Are you gorgeous? I absolutely love girls from that part of the world :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Einstein786

What languages can you speak? :smile:
Reply 3
What is it about your Eurasian ancestry that makes you believe people want to ask you questions?
Reply 4
Original post by Jamerson
Are you gorgeous? I absolutely love girls from that part of the world :biggrin:

hahah I knew someone would ask that! Theres always one :wink: umm nothing extraordinary really, but my sisters take that gorgeous Arabic look :/ mee? well not as much haha :tongue:
How does Kurdish = Arab?
I'd like to place an order, 2 keema naan with a portion of shami kebab and lamb curry. How long will it take?
Reply 7
Original post by Sparkle24
What languages can you speak? :smile:

Arabic and Urdu, albeit not completely fluent.
Is Albert Einstein one of your idols? :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by IlexBlue
What is it about your Eurasian ancestry that makes you believe people want to ask you questions?

I never said nor implied that. Like I said everyone is doing it, so I thought I would too. So theres nothing about my Eurasian ancestry that makes me think that people want to ask me questions.
Reply 10
Do you prefer Arab food or Pakistani?
Reply 11
What was it like living in Saudi Arabia?
Reply 12
Original post by Autistic Merit
How does Kurdish = Arab?

I see what you're saying. The real Arabs are the Arabs of Saudi Arabia and Yemen. The other "Arabs" have been Arabinised and have other ancestry. So I guess then im not arab, but the thing is I know more Arabic than Kurdish. My father is just as confused as I am, as he doesn't like to talk about his background for reasons beyond me.
I am half white and Arab but you don't see me making a thread!
Original post by iamsuperwoman

Snap lol
Reply 15
Original post by Multitalented me
Is Albert Einstein one of your idols? :tongue:

hahah yes he is, that and I dint know what username to use for tsr...starting to regret it though :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Tpos
Do you prefer Arab food or Pakistani?

ohh that's a hard one, but ill have to say Arabic food...although I love Pakistani desserts! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by iamsuperwoman

gurrlll chill haha...that's good for you, and no one is stopping you! Its got nothing to do with my ethnicity actually. Its because everyone is doing it, and they all use some sort of title about themselves before saying 'ask me anything' its just to start a conversation with people who might be interested.
Reply 18
Do you know how to drive?
Reply 19
How are you doing today?

Latest