The Student Room Group

New girl of my ex slagging me off on Twitter

My ex left me for someone else but was a complete coward about it. He started treating me badly so I would dump him basically. I did and he got with this girl the day after. This was September and they moved in together last month.

I sent my ex some angry texts when I found out about them moving in together and we haven't contacted each other since. I don't ever want to see him or speak to him again. He disgusts me.

I hadn't looked at his or her social media for three weeks. I forced myself to stop looking because it was making me upset. But I had a weak moment today and checked her Twitter. I noticed on the 28th of November she tweeted: "it's a weird feeling knowing someone has been stalking your social media #getalife"

I know it was me she was talking about because the 28th of November was when I found out they moved in together and I sent him angry texts.

I'm angry. I felt like tweeting her back but obviously I'm not going to. I have more dignity than that. I never made anything public on social networking websites concerning the break up and the fact that she has really gets to me. I thought maybe she was a nice girl which is why my ex wants to be with her, but she seems to be a nasty piece of work. If it was the other way around and I was the girl a guy left his ex for, I'd feel sorry for the ex for being broken up with in such a cowardly way. It must be heartbreaking for her. But she just says "get a life".

I'm not going to look at their social media anymore. Don't worry. I'll just let those two be - what is inevitably going to fail - together from now on. Ugh... The anger stage is hard.
Reply 1
Stoop down to her level.

"lol it must be hard to get through doors with a head that big #enjoythosesloppyseconds"

:awesome:
Forget them they sound like douchebags.

It looks like your ex has only said nasty things about you to her, so she will only have a negative perception of you.

You could always indirect her back but you should just move on :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by browneyedblonde
I'm angry. I felt like tweeting her back but obviously I'm not going to. I have more dignity than that. I never made anything public on social networking websites concerning the break up and the fact that she has really gets to me.

Has she? Where?
Your going to get people not worth bothering with in life. Either you bother with them or just accept they will always be dicks and move on.

What I am trying to say is that some people will always be dicks, and will always have dicks who agree with them. Ignore them-they live to get a reaction from others and put them down. And since they have nothing better to do than bitch about people you taking interest in what they do is what they want.

Original post by IlexBlue
Stoop down to her level.

"lol it must be hard to get through doors with a head that big #enjoythosesloppyseconds"

:awesome:

So no, I wouldn't stoop down to their level. Arguing with a stupid person never works. "They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience1".

Footnote-credit goes to whoever first told me these words of wisdom. Probably Mourinho or some other great philosophical mind. Hence why I <3 him. Hence my forum name.

I think the best thing for you to do is try to start up a new hobby or do something to keep yourself distracted, I know how hard it is to resist 'snooping' and looking to see what your ex is up to now.. but you have to help yourself move on.

about his new girl, i would just ignore her, she cant be that happy with him if all they can do is talk about you, i mean isnt that a bit sad? the start of a relationship should be full of fun, not talking about an ex..

you dont need people like this in your life, they arent worth your energy or being unhappy over. and like someone else said, your ex will most likely have bad mouthed you to her so she has a negative view of you, but why should you care what she thinks of you? these dont sound like good people you want to be around!

maybe just blocked them on everything so you cant see anything?
Reply 6
My ex left me for someone else but was a complete coward about it. He started treating me badly so I would dump him basically. I did and he got with this girl the day after. This was September and they moved in together last month.

I sent my ex some angry texts when I found out about them moving in together and we haven't contacted each other since. I don't ever want to see him or speak to him again. He disgusts me.

I hadn't looked at his or her social media for three weeks. I forced myself to stop looking because it was making me upset. But I had a weak moment today and checked her Twitter. I noticed on the 28th of November she tweeted: "it's a weird feeling knowing someone has been stalking your social media #getalife"

I know it was me she was talking about because the 28th of November was when I found out they moved in together and I sent him angry texts.

I'm angry. I felt like tweeting her back but obviously I'm not going to. I have more dignity than that. I never made anything public on social networking websites concerning the break up and the fact that she has really gets to me. I thought maybe she was a nice girl which is why my ex wants to be with her, but she seems to be a nasty piece of work. If it was the other way around and I was the girl a guy left his ex for, I'd feel sorry for the ex for being broken up with in such a cowardly way. It must be heartbreaking for her. But she just says "get a life".

I'm not going to look at their social media anymore. Don't worry. I'll just let those two be - what is inevitably going to fail - together from now on. Ugh... The anger stage is hard.

What are the twitters of the people in this?

I'm just trying to network :frown:
Try not to stoop to her level I know it must be so hard not to. Ive been in your position and all you want to do is tell them what you think of it. Your best revenge is moving on with your life going places in life doing well bagging yourself a amazing man and when their relationship ends(which the fact they've moved in with one another after like 3 months suggests it will end ) you can just laugh at them. Your better than her you don't need to be posting silly immature comments on twitter take it as a compliment that she clearly is bothered by you and you got under her skin !

It sounds like you're really angry. Anger is normally a secondary emotion that covers up our primary one because we can't deal with the real way that we are feeling, for whatever reason. Maybe you're actually feeling really hurt and sad....that's one option.
It sounds like he meant a lot to you. It is always difficult when we break up from a relationship which holds so much meaning to us. My advice is to find a way to release the way you are feeling because anger is extremely destructive and the longer you leave it there, the more you are only going to hurt yourself in the long run and those around you.
You could write down how you are feeling - everyday if you want - either on paper or on the computer via note pad or Microsoft word etc. You can swear to your hearts content and you can write whatever obscenity you want to about them - because it will be private and it will be for you. No one else needs to read it and the best part of that means that no one will judge you for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending