The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
What can I say? I'm an interesting kind of guy :p:. Read the X-Wing series, followed by I, Jedi, followed by the New Jedi Order books... that will tell you like nothing else why I prefer him over the likes of Luke Skywalker etc.
Lol. I guess I'm also slightly worried that reading the books will damage my perfect little Star Wars bubble! (Much the same way I hesitate to watch films of good books...):rolleyes:
simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Lol. I guess I'm also slightly worried that reading the books will damage my perfect little Star Wars bubble! (Much the same way I hesitate to watch films of good books...):rolleyes:
Yeah I know what you mean. I feel that the New Jedi Order changes the view of the Star Wars galaxy because it's not the classic battle between the Rebels and the Empire anymore.
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What? It's definitely not a perfect bubble if you haven't read all the books lol. Seems a little strange to me to decide not to read a book based on the fact that you're afraid it'll alter your opinion on what you like most about the books in the first place :confused:. :p:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What? It's definitely not a perfect bubble if you haven't read all the books lol. Seems a little strange to me to decide not to read a book based on the fact that you're afraid it'll alter your opinion on what you like most about the books in the first place :confused:. :p:
I haven't decided anything! Lol..you know how much time I've had to read books lately :rolleyes: I was more speaking from my subconscious reservations that I haven't really processed
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What? It's definitely not a perfect bubble...
:eek: Outrage! How dare you belittle my reality!?:mad:
yo-less
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
:eek: Outrage! How dare you belittle my reality!?:mad:
*squints at avatar*:wtf?:
Tintin? Tintin in Tibet?

*is a huge Tintin nerd*:cool:
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*pokes yo-less* offialise this a soc already!
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
*squints at avatar*:wtf?:
Tintin? Tintin in Tibet?

*is a huge Tintin nerd*:cool:
:p: Lol, actually it wasn't off of Tintin in Tibet, surprisingly. One would have thought it was.. Its actually from Prisoners of the Sun! Tintin in Tibet is one of my favourites, though. I've been looking for a climbing-related avatar to match my username for quite a while :rolleyes:
yo-less
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
*pokes yo-less* offialise this a soc already!
*pokes Darkened Angel back* I sent the request damnit! The mods are yet to approve it :hmmm:

Who wants to PM them and tell them to hurry up?

:p: Lol, actually it wasn't off of Tintin in Tibet, surprisingly. One would have thought it was.. Its actually from Prisoners of the Sun! Tintin in Tibet is one of my favourites, though. I've been looking for a climbing-related avatar to match my username for quite a while :rolleyes:
I used to love Flight 714 because there were aliens in it

I love aliens :blushing: I love most stuff with aliens in it infact :ninja:
simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*pokes Darkened Angel back* I sent the request damnit! The mods are yet to approve it :hmmm:

Who wants to PM them and tell them to hurry up?
It should be you; you are the soc founder after all! You PM them and suffer their wrath while the rest of us hide in the cupboard! :p:
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know you were a lot nicer when you were a dude...
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol :rofl:, good one :top:.

*Gulps* sorry, yo-less, but it was funny!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I haven't decided anything! Lol..you know how much time I've had to read books lately :rolleyes: I was more speaking from my subconscious reservations that I haven't really processed
I don't think I understand what your lack of time for reading has to do with your earlier comment about the books I mentioned spoiling your SWB (Star Wars Bubble) :p:.
yo-less
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
It should be you; you are the soc founder after all! You PM them and suffer their wrath while the rest of us hide in the cupboard! :p:
Ahh, my noble fleet. :cool: "I find your lack of faith disturbing".

After my rep fetched you your first shiny gem too.

I don't think I understand what your lack of time for reading has to do with your earlier comment about the books I mentioned spoiling your SWB (Star Wars Bubble) :p:.
Speaking of Star Wars, has anyone played Knights Of The Old Republic (1 and 2)?
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, played both. I found Kotor 1 a lot easier to get into than number 2 though, maybe because the first was new and exciting, so I could be bothered to play through, but the second just seemed to bore me, so never got past the first city you go to.

Kotor 1 was amazing though :p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heard of KotoR, never actually played it, though. I hear they're pretty darn good.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

After my rep fetched you your first shiny gem too.
awwww i was only joking
yo-less
Oh my gosh aefiubrgiknerkn *fingers collapse in excitement*

We're official!

Erm... Yeah, I'm supposed to act dignified.
Everyone go ahead and apply. But do make sure that you are only a member of 3 societies currently, as 4 societies is the maximum you can be a part of. Unless you're a sub: in that case it's 7.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mmmmmm....KotOR.

Played both, finished both twice! 2 wasn't as good as 1 - which was utterly brilliant - because the story was trying to be too complicated, but the gameplay additions just about compensated!
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whee!! Official
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (84)
46.67%
Pro-humanity (96)
53.33%

Watched Threads