Turn on thread page Beta

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Done most of it, the rest I'm stuck on and I cant be asked with it :p:

So how is everyone here?

ReputationRep:
    Lol awww, ask that nerd guy who can help you . I'm ok, getting sleepy though! You?

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Hi People!

ReputationRep:
    Getting sleepy also, I'm off to bed now, see ya later!

ReputationRep:
    Good night Enjoy your rep :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Getting sleepy also, I'm off to bed now, see ya later!
    Oh ok. Goodnight! Good luck with the software stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a geek! In so many ways.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, join then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I'm a geek! In so many ways.
    Sci Fi Fantasy ways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Sci Fi Fantasy ways?
    Give me a list of things and I'll say how much I like them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Heya Ronove!!! Welcome to the Soc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Give me a list of things and I'll say how much I like them. :p:
    Oh.. the usual: Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Terry Brooks.. and then there are loads of Stargate and Final Fantasy people hanging around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Oh.. the usual: Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Terry Brooks.. and then there are loads of Stargate and Final Fantasy people hanging around.
    OK... Star Wars: Watched a few of the old ones via my dad, watched the first remake, love jedis, the rest is less good. I reeeally love jedis though.
    LOTR: Love. Nuff said.
    Harry Potter: Same as above.
    Douglas Adams: Did he do HHGTTG? If so, love him.
    Terry Pratchett: Read a few of his books, very good (though Diggers/one of those got a bit slow at points).
    Terry Brooks: Who?
    Stargate: The film was good, watched it a few times. Series not so much.
    Final Fantasy: Watched someone play it for about a minute once. That is the extent of my experience. Oh, I lie, I played a free demo once.

ReputationRep:
    Lol... That was thorough.
    Terry Brooks wrote the Sword of Shannarah series. Actually there were plenty of good fantasy authors I could have mentioned, but I was just trying to pin down a rough snap shot there.
    Yeh Douglas Adams wrote the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.. which did rock totally

I agree that Diggers and such weren't that amazing. All the Discworld novels were superb, though

Don't know Final Fantasy or Stargate myself.. but they form the basis of lots of discussion on this thread

ReputationRep:
    Meh...I never managed to get in to Terry Pratchett. I have no idea why; I should love it...but I don't :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    Meh...I never managed to get in to Terry Pratchett. I have no idea why; I should love it...but I don't :s:
    Which novels did you read?

ReputationRep:
    The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic

I just couldn't get into them! Might've been that I was distracted; but they just didn't do it for me. But this was six years ago, so I do need to give them a second chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic

I just couldn't get into them! Might've been that I was distracted; but they just didn't do it for me. But this was six years ago, so I do need to give them a second chance
    Well Discworld novels don't need to be read in the order that they were written at all, and some of the ones writen a bit later on were the best, in my opinion. Read Soul Music and Night Watch. The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic were fledgeling novels

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy is fantastic I started a new game on Final Fantasy IX last night, having lost my precious PS1 memory card So, all my amazing game saves have been lost. Oh well, I did it once, twice, five times... I can do it again :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Final Fantasy is fantastic I started a new game on Final Fantasy IX last night, having lost my precious PS1 memory card So, all my amazing game saves have been lost. Oh well, I did it once, twice, five times... I can do it again :p:
    Are you making much progress on that, btw?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.