Turn on thread page Beta

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    lol!!

just kidding! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spam spam spam! Wonderful spam spam spam! Glorious spam spam spam!

And I shall have none of it in my sock! Seriously...walking around with that stuff in there is really weird!

ReputationRep:
    *fills all of jayk's socks with spam* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ew, spam.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, those posts are lucky not to have got warnings matey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    LOL, those posts are lucky not to have got warnings matey!
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrrrrr matey, arrrrrrrrrr. Them spammers best be watchin' out for dem mods, afore dey be comin' along and warnin' them, arrrrrrrrrr. Right rudder! Bank, ye varmints, bank!

Shiverrrrrrr me timberrrrrrrrrs.

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. What can I say? Love the pirate accent.

ReputationRep:
    Ich liebe dich Craghyrax

ReputationRep:
    Ich liebe dich Craghyrax
    !!!???!!!?? :wtf?: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    !!!???!!!?? :wtf?: :confused:
    'ich liebe' I'm pretty sure mean 'I love', dunno about dich though

ReputationRep:
    Dich means you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I understood it you idiots :rolleyes: I was just wondering why the heck he said it :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Es tut mir leid. Ich habe deine Deutsche Fahne gesehen, und dachte dass du Deutsche war!

ReputationRep:
    Oi! I know you understood it. You're part german! I was telling DA what dich stood for :mad:

Anyway, I'm for bed. Good night all :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Es tut mir leid. Ich habe deine Deutsche Fahne gesehen, und dachte dass du Deutsche war!

I saw the fact your sig has the word Tolkien in it! ;heart; (Although spelt wrongly )

ReputationRep:
    I'm not German :p: I have a German surname and I represent Germany for the TSR Model United Nations :p: I do understand/speak some though.. and I've been there

All of this is besides the point. Why do you love me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I saw the fact your sig has the word Tolkien in it! ;heart; (Although spelt wrongly )
    I see :rolleyes: If you click the wrongly spelt word, it will take you to a society of other LOTR fans which you can join :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    To try and put an end to the spam...

I got around to picking up and watching Serenity, I'll use spoiler tags in case there is anyone else like me, up until today, that has yet to see it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It is an awesome film, I can't believe Wash died, I liked him. I was really hoping River wasn't psychic as well, one of the things I liked most about Firefly is that compared to other shows it was a lot more down to Earth. I was hoping for a bit more back story as well on the "academy" and who those wierd people were chasing River in Firefly.

I'd say the biggest thing left unanswered though is who was Shepherd Book? But there's still a lot of back story missing for the other characters. For example why did Inara take up residence on Firefly, especially as she was pegged to become the next companion leader or something? It would have been nice to see how Wash and Zoe got together as well given that Zoe is shown not to like Wash when they first met.

It was kinda annoying how they changed some of the characters as well to make the film more accessible to people who haven't seen firefly. For example Mal treats Simon very much as an outsider to the crew even though emphasis was put on his membership in the first few episodes of Firefly. And Jayne's wish to get rid of Simon and River seems to conflict with the guilty feelings he had in Firefly.

ReputationRep:
    Spam! Good for fishing! And for Monty Python making silly songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    Spam! Good for fishing! And for Monty Python making silly songs
    Hear hear

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.