Turn on thread page Beta

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :rofl:

Oh Elements.. I see you fancy yourself a Swiss lass these days?
    Well it would be a good idea if it worked/works.

Oh yes, I love Switzerland! I want to work for the UN in Geneva, have one of my homes in Switzerland one day, have a Swiss bank account and go back there for another visit soon! I was thinking of asking whether to be the international delegate for the Model UN on here actually as I see that space is still vacant. Though I am rather short on spare time atm, don't wish to be an international delegate when I go into the UN, am a bit confused about it all, and am not sure on whether Switzerland would be able to vote for anything as they're neutral. What do you think? Switzerland was my 1st trip abroad a week ago for 5 days. It was awesome. I've kept the Swiss flag and location that I put up for whilst I was away as a result.

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, why am I so useless! I've had requests sitting in the request box for a week now! Anyways! Big welcomes to:

And an even bigger welcome to talespirit, who's actually posted!! Welcome all! Enjoy your stay

Aaaand that brings our noble number up to the big four-zero!!! Wahey

Anyways! Continue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talespirit)
    i havn't started my EE yet...still in the process of research.

Well actually role playing is like you control a character but eventually you find friends along the way and you control them too (usually 3-4 characters). You kill monsters and your level goes up, and there are bosses along the way. There's usually small quests,but ultimately theres the big boss. An RPG game usually has a plot/story line which most of the time are based on the main character saving the world from destruction (thats what most FFs are about).

Its like MMORPG (online games such as WoWarcraft), only you control the whole party, and its just you and the computer, theres a main plot/story. like being in a fantasy novel really......

there goes my little lecture on RPG games.
    Cool. Do you not find it a bit schizoprenic/strange controlling yourself and your friends when you have conversations and interact together? Can you choose what mssions you do and who you make friends with or is there a set story line that must be followed/implemented?

One of my friends offline is hooked on World Of War Craft.:p:

ReputationRep:
    I Think...its design technology (making furnitures, robots, etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    DT? What's that?
    :five: You catch on and learn well my young mage.

ReputationRep:
    I Think...its design technology (making furnitures, robots, etc.)
    :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Well it would be a good idea if it worked/works.

Oh yes, I love Switzerland! I want to work for the UN in Geneva, have one of my homes in Switzerland one day, have a Swiss bank account and go back there for another visit soon! I was thinking of asking whether to be the international delegate for the Model UN on here actually as I see that space is still vacant. Though I am rather short on spare time atm, don't wish to be an international delegate when I go into the UN, am a bit confused about it all, and am not sure on whether Switzerland would be able to vote for anything as they're neutral. What do you think? Switzerland was my 1st trip abroad a week ago for 5 days. It was awesome. I've kept the Swiss flag and location that I put up for whilst I was away as a result.
    Definitely come and rep Switzerland for us on MUN Its fun.. and you won't have to be very active if you can't.. we're understanding about that ;yes; And I'll show you round/help if you like

Yeh sounds cool..how do you plan to align your aspiration with your degree though?

ReputationRep:
    :five: You catch on and learn well my young mage.
    Sith Lord actually. But mage works. As long as I can cause death to my enemies from a distance it's all good

ReputationRep:
    Usually its a story line and characters that become your friends are set, but more recently there are also optional characters that do not come with the story line. As to the quests, there's a main story line and there's optional quests (or bosses which are usually rediculously difficult). Maybe 'friend' is the wrong word, they're all controled by you, RPG games come in consoles like Play station, Nintendo and are offline.

The quests are usually finding items, go to such and such place, defeat such and such bosses, solve puzzles. You don't control what you say (maybe an occasional yes or no option when it comes to questions which may affect the story line [but again there's a set answer] thats why there are walkthroughs/guides).

ReputationRep:
    ...As long as I can cause death to my enemies from a distance it's all good
    :laugh:.......#reaper#

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:.......#reaper#
    Something like that. Basically I like it when my enemies can cause me no harm

ReputationRep:
    As long as I can cause death to my enemies from a distance it's all good
    yup....you're thinking like a potential RPG gamer already. Don't forget the fact that its distance + GREAT DAMAGE (i'd go for the all powerful aspect)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read Dragonlance?

ReputationRep:
    yup....you're thinking like a potential RPG gamer already. Don't forget the fact that its distance + GREAT DAMAGE (i'd go for the all powerful aspect)
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that But yeah basically cool powers that are basically unexplained are good fun

ReputationRep:
    Definitely come and rep Switzerland for us on MUN Its fun.. and you won't have to be very active if you can't.. we're understanding about that ;yes; And I'll show you round/help if you like

Yeh sounds cool..how do you plan to align your aspiration with your degree though?
    Thank-you, I will then. I did read on there though that you have to post within 7 days of being accepted, else get delegated/asked to step down and your position going up for grabs for anyone else to take your place.:s: That is very kind of you and would be a great help if you were to show me around and help me out down there.:hugs: Is it possible to sign up to one of the UN organisations though such as the WHO or World Food Programme etc that you have visited down there on one of the threads, or can ppl only represent a certain country?

Well I've already decided that I want to do a Geography degree: a Bachelor's degree first then a Masters then a PhD, how I will fund that all I do not know...I want to go into academia after all of that and my idea of working for the UN would still be involved in academia as I want to work still as a Physical Geographic Researcher, but in the UN this would be for either the UNEP (Environmental Programme), the UN World Meteorological Office, another one I can't remember the name of, or for the Natural Hazards part of the UNDP (Development Programme).

And my A-level in French and taking additional extra French, German and Spanish courses/modules as well will help me with international communication and my work either as part of the UN or anywhere around the world where my physical Geography career and degrees will take me.

The UN languages are English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Italian. A knowledge and understanding of languages is very useful for what I want to do and where I want to go/travel in life. I'm linguistically talented too so that's good. (Was in Gifted & Talented for Languages amongst other subjects). Indeed on the UN internship application form, there is a whole half a page dedicated to qualifications and skills in languages. I am fine on English with it being my 1st language and myself being highly competent in it both in literature and linguistically etc; I have done a GCSE and am doing an A-level in French atm and plan to take extra modules/classes at it in Uni as well as do a qualification of Geography in French and hopefully gain bi-lingual status in it; I did German for 2 years and would like to pick it up again as it is the other prominent language in Switzxerland (Italian aside), and despite not being a UN language, is extremely valuable in Science and International Affairs, dance music etc. I should wish to begiining learning S.American Spanish for travels and degree wise as well as for the UN, but French will be more dominate for me. I know a couple of words in Italian and a few more in Russian (from tATu songs though!).

Of course I will find time to continue with my creative writng alongside.:p:

Ambition is great and making it happen from that potential will be great (a great task) too! ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    GOGO MAGIC!, speaking of which....couldn't wait to see the next harry potter....even b4 that Pirates of the Carribbean 3!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sith Lord actually. But mage works. As long as I can cause death to my enemies from a distance it's all good
    No no it's not all good!:angel: An Archmage like myself would never even entertain those notions in one's mind!:angel: You have much more wisdom to gain my young one. Check out the quote in my signature for your first words of wisdom that are from the Scriptures.

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing how you have your future all planned out, i'm not even sure where i'll end up in uni, let alone what i'm gonna do beyond that. Just know that i wanna do law thats all ^^.

ReputationRep:
    Thank-you, I will then. I did read on there though that you have to post within 7 days of being accepted, else get delegated/asked to step down and your position going up for grabs for anyone else to take your place.:s: That is very kind of you and would be a great help if you were to show me around and help me out down there.:hugs: Is it possible to sign up to one of the UN organisations though such as the WHO or World Food Programme etc that you have visited down there on one of the threads, or can ppl only represent a certain country?
    I've told our Secretary General to save Switzerland for you Yes generally posting within a week is a good idea We have a rep for the WHO and the UNHCR. If you want to rep another body like that you can, but I'd recommend you be a country to start with just to get the feel

ReputationRep:
    Hey...has ppl gone to bed? Talk to me i'm bored

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.