The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I take it no one likes Farscape, then :hmpf:.
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
*has 12 cd's sitting next to him, with two episodes of farscape on each...*
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nice one. Just that I mentioned it earlier... nobody said a word lol.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh! Oh! I do! I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I've enjoyed what I've seen! I've been trying to get hold of the DVD's, but they're ridiculously expensive (£99.99 per season!!!) :mad:

It's got a great feel to it - it's similar to Firefly in it's roughness, which I really like. And it has it's own swear word! Frell! W00t! As good as 'gorram' or 'fracking' any day!
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jayk_bakner)
Oh! Oh! I do! I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I've enjoyed what I've seen! I've been trying to get hold of the DVD's, but they're ridiculously expensive (£99.99 per season!!!) :mad:

It's got a great feel to it - it's similar to Firefly in it's roughness, which I really like. And it has it's own swear word! Frell! W00t! As good as 'gorram' or 'fracking' any day!
£55 on amazon per season.... Very expensive, although very high quality entertainment.

And food cubes! I want some!
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
£55 on amazon per season.... Very expensive, although very high quality entertainment.
Ooooh! *zips over to Amazon*
simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*mutters something about never being able to get into SG-1 because Sky don't appear to air episodes in any particular order, then goes to sit in the corner to wait until the conversation turns elsewhere*

Sky One has actually started to do that!!!!! At about 11:30-12:00 at night (it varies) there are 2 episodes of SG1 which are consecutive episodes and the next day I think they are also played at 6:00pm on Sky Two
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
He was a general in S8 which was a really crappy season, Jack's better when he's on SG1.
The reason he left was because he wanted to look after his daughter and his job was talking up too much time. He meant to leave at the end of season 7 and the show was meant to end then too but they continued it due to fan demand. What's ironic is after season 8 there's quite a few fans who want SG1 to cancel cause it's gone downhill
But wouldn't you prefer to have Jack rather than no Jack no matter what he does?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Farscape is awesome . The story was great.
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm, well, steering the conversation somewhere else.... Is it just me, or does there seem to be a huge number of sci-fi shows around (Andromeda, SG-1, Atlantis, Star trek, Farscape etc.) Yet there never seems to be any fantasy themed ones...
There's Charmed, Buffy, Hercules, Xena, etc. There's not as many as scifi though, probably cause scifi's more popular.
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
But wouldn't you prefer to have Jack rather than no Jack no matter what he does?
Not really, I didn't like Jack as a general, you could tell he didn't enjoy that position and that made the show less enjoyable for me and many other fans, and its also the reason why that season is the least popular.

On the subject of Farscape, what exactly is that show about? I never really watched it.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On the subject of Farscape, what exactly is that show about? I never really watched it.
:ditto:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's great! Basically, a US Astronaut gets sucked into this wormhole, and ends up on this mytserious ship called... something. Moiya, I think, or something like that. He ends up with this motley crew of people, and he travels all over space looking for a way back home, but is sucked into this life of being on the run because these evil dudes are trying catch the ship and its passengers...

It's really good
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sounds pretty good!
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
Sounds pretty good!
It is very good, channel 129 on Sky if you have it!

The astronaut is actually Ben Browder, the new leader of SG1, and the other "main" character, Eyren Sun (his girlfriend later on in the show) is Vala (from stargate too)
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, it is . Some decent one-liners in it, too - always a plus :top:.
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is very good, channel 129 on Sky if you have it!

The astronaut is actually Ben Browder, the new leader of SG1, and the other "main" character, Eyren Sun (his girlfriend later on in the show) is Vala (from stargate too)
What's the channel called? I'm using ntl.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's the channel called? I'm using ntl.
:ditto:
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Sci-Fi channel :p:

What else?!
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, it is . Some decent one-liners in it, too - always a plus :top:.
Yeah.. Did you ever see that episode which was made into a cartoon with D'argo chasing Chrichton? Done in the loony tunes style? One of the funniest things i've seen :p:
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I seem to be a few hours late, but I watch Farscape! Only got into a month ago though. I'd been meaning to watch it for ages, but as someone else said earlier, the DVDs are tres expensive. Eventually I just downloaded it instead. So far I'm on season 2, around episode 6, and I'm loving it. Although I have to say, it's completely different from Firefly, which made a point of having no aliens whatsoever, whereas in Farscape, they're EVERYWHERE, half the cast are aliens with full body make up/suits, or even just puppets! After a while you stop thinking of them as puppets though, as the writing's so good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads