The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Haha, marketing ploys... :rolleyes:
Reply 481
Yeah. Cash flow over convinience, methinks.
Lol, that's a nice way of putting it. How's it going, Jayk? I don't think we've ever directly spoken, before :biggrin:. What brings you online at this time?
jayk_bakner
Wiggles be right on that point (presuming you're both talking about the same thing). It's a stupid set-up, because in America they whole thing comes in one neat box-set, whereas here it comes in two, and the mini-series is only one freakin' DVD. :mad:

And then usually, just one of our "half" box sets, costs more than the full one in america! (Lost being a perfect example of that)
Reply 484
Are we still alive? :ninja:

Europe is so kewl, and so overpriced :biggrin: A 3rd-world peasant like me is feeling rather over-whelmed by all the sights.
Reply 485
Demon_AS
Lol, that's a nice way of putting it. How's it going, Jayk? I don't think we've ever directly spoken, before :biggrin:. What brings you online at this time?

I have a screwed up body clock :biggrin: wake up at 12pm, go to sleep at 3am. Bizarre, I know...
yo-less
~ T H E H I D D E N S O C I E T Y O F E V I L V A M P I R E S W H O H A T E S H E E P ~

What's wrong with sheep? :frown:

(and welcome back! nobody missed you but nice to have you back anyways :wink:)
jayk_bakner
I have a screwed up body clock :biggrin: wake up at 12pm, go to sleep at 3am. Bizarre, I know...

atleast you slept, i didn't get to sleep last night until 8am :s-smilie: lousy insomnia
Reply 488
Darkened Angel
atleast you slept, i didn't get to sleep last night until 8am :s-smilie: lousy insomnia

Ach...insomnia soes indeed suck. I occasionally get transient insomnia (apparently...), although I have no idea what causes it. My 'record' is 37 hours...and then I had the best night's sleep ever. Not that that helps you :s:
Darkened Angel
What's wrong with sheep? :frown:

(and welcome back! nobody missed you but nice to have you back anyways :wink:)

Sheep are evil... they want to take over the world
bullyfish
Sheep are evil... they want to take over the world

but that's understandable, we all get the urge for absolute power every know and then :wink:
Darkened Angel
but that's understandable, we all get the urge for absolute power every know and then :wink:

Absoulte power... *sigh* would love some of that right now. Just like Pheonix from the x-men.

Oh yeah, and even though this is completly off topic, just to let you all know, i've got a bunch of 20% off vouchers (including sale prices) for Millets/Blacks/Freespirt/Just add water (as I work for the company) So if anyone wants any camping gear, shoes, clothes, sunglasses, then say and i'll send you a voucher :smile:
bullyfish
You dont have TV!?

Effectively no. I've moved more than ten times to stay with over ten diff families over the past 2yrs (my peeps are back in SA) and the setup keeps changing so much that there's no routine. I just gave up with watching tv..lol!
jayk_bakner
Ach...insomnia soes indeed suck. I occasionally get transient insomnia (apparently...), although I have no idea what causes it. My 'record' is 37 hours...and then I had the best night's sleep ever. Not that that helps you :s:

We were just competing with eachother for longest hours ever awake on Insomniacs soc the other day.. you should join!!! :biggrin:
Last night I got 1hr sleep :p:
bullyfish
Absoulte power... *sigh* would love some of that right now. Just like Pheonix from the x-men.

Oh yeah, and even though this is completly off topic, just to let you all know, i've got a bunch of 20% off vouchers (including sale prices) for Millets/Blacks/Freespirt/Just add water (as I work for the company) So if anyone wants any camping gear, shoes, clothes, sunglasses, then say and i'll send you a voucher :smile:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Reply 495
Noooo!

I'm sorry to say, this'll be my last post for a while :frown: I should be back on in about 2 weeks - maybe less - so keep the society going strong :biggrin:

And....DON'T YOU....FORGET ABOUT ME!! :wink:

Laters!

*zooms off to the Scottish wilderness*
jayk_bakner
Noooo!

I'm sorry to say, this'll be my last post for a while :frown: I should be back on in about 2 weeks - maybe less - so keep the society going strong :biggrin:

Laters!

Have fun!

Scottish wilderness... lucky bastard :p:
jayk_bakner
Noooo!

Laters!

:eek: what?!! you cant leave me with these loonies!!!!!! :frown: *ducks an attack from the loonies* psycopaths!
Darkened Angel
:eek: what?!! you cant leave me with these loonies!!!!!! :frown: *ducks an attack from the loonies* psycopaths!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I'm no loony! *picks up squirrel to throw at darkened angel* :p:
simatemcprimate
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I'm no loony! *picks up squirrel to throw at darkened angel* :p:

*ducks the squirrel*
*throws a urinal at you* :p:

Quick Reply

Latest