Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now, now... this soc is all about friendly banter and hilarity. No anger allowed! :p:

ReputationRep:
    David Tennant isn't leaving, thats just a rumour. And you people really should keep all the Dr Who discussions in spoiler tags as there are still a few people who havent seen the new episodes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Martha isn't gone for good, apparently she's appearing in a few episodes in S4. TBH I'm glad she no longer is the travel companion, the Doctor never really accepted her cause he aint over Rose yet so she always felt to me like a misfit. She's a great actor though! Hopefully next season he'll have gotten over Rose.

I loved the whole countdown thing! You need to remember Dr Who's all about the cheese and that was the epitome of cheese! Awesome scene!!!

Apparently the Dr's been on the titanic before so that should be an interesting episode! Cant wait!!!

Torchwood is continuing next year, gotta wait 6 months for it grr...

The S2 finale was on today on some other channel, I cried again lol. What an emotional ending!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    David Tennant isn't leaving, thats just a rumour. And you people really should keep all the Dr Who discussions in spoiler tags as there are still a few people who havent seen the new episodes.
    Indeed. Caroline, if you're not sure how to do that, it's:

[spoiler]Spoiler text goes in here[/spoiler]

And that produces:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler text goes in here

(Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Martha isn't gone for good, apparently she's appearing in a few episodes in S4. TBH I'm glad she no longer is the travel companion, the Doctor never really accepted her cause he aint over Rose yet so she always felt to me like a misfit. She's a great actor though! Hopefully next season he'll have gotten over Rose.

I loved the whole countdown thing! You need to remember Dr Who's all about the cheese and that was the epitome of cheese! Awesome scene!!!

Apparently the Dr's been on the titanic before so that should be an interesting episode! Cant wait!!!

Torchwood is continuing next year, gotta wait 6 months for it grr...

The S2 finale was on today on some other channel, I cried again lol. What an emotional ending!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, there's nothing quite like a good countdown to add faux-tension I agree about the cheesiness thing - I think the new series is about the juxtaposition (big word!!!!!!) between the inherent campiness of the subject matter coupled with the excellent special effects and acting :cool:

As for Martha, I personally never warmed to her period. She's just not a particularly good companion - difficult to explain why I feel that way, but it is so.

ReputationRep:
    OK the offending article has been duly edited. I'm very very sorry if ruined it for anyone!

I looked it up and found out how to do it myself only to return to the forum to find Mr Bakner's post. But thank you very much for the help anyway!

Might be over kill but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't really warm to miss Martha at first - she's alright but she's no Rose. It's kind of annoying how she's very much 'I love you' where with Rose it was there but unspoken.

I'm intiegued as to the Titanic thing, before it was revealed that the crashed ship was the Titanic I thought it might be but quickly abandoned the idea because as said earlier on he's already been there.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, don't feel too bad about it, Caroline :p: There should be more tolerance for new members :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caroline1989)
    I looked it up and found out how to do it myself only to return to the forum to find Mr Bakner's post. But thank you very much for the help anyway!
    :eek:
    MR Bakner?!??! I feel old enough without that :p:

*hacks up phlegm, pulls trousers up over belly and changes his name to Murray* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    :eek:
    MR Bakner?!??! I feel old enough without that :p:

*hacks up phlegm, pulls trousers up over belly and changes his name to Murray* :rolleyes:
    Now, now, Mr. Murray, you know you shouldn't be wandering in public! Someone your age could... I don't know, die or something :p:. Go back to the Old Folks Anonymous for your regular game of chess :p:

ReputationRep:
    God, I got called 'that man' the other day for the first time (at least the first time within my earshot...). Creeped me out no end...up until this point, it was 'that guy' or ' that kid'. Now it's 'that man'!!! Growing up sucks

ReputationRep:
    Lol, everyone keeps thinking I look about 25, rather than 19 :p:. That's even worse, bro .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Awww, don't feel too bad about it, Caroline :p: There should be more tolerance for new members :p:.
    And there should be less tolerance for you, for no apparent reason! :p:

Mr Murray! We have your daily game of Halo 15 on your Xbox 2160 ready for you, ya dribbling mess! (see, being from the future ain't half bad :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    And there should be less tolerance for you, for no apparent reason! :p:

Mr Murray! We have your daily game of Halo 15 on your Xbox 2160 ready for you, ya dribbling mess! (see, being from the future ain't half bad :cool:)
    There is less tolerance of me for no apparent reason :p:. The only difference is that my neg rep is worth something, so people don't argue TOO much :p:.

Plus... I'm no pushover .

Idiot.

Yeah, that's right ;yes;. That was a needless insult. I hope you felt that one :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    There is less tolerance of me for no apparent reason :p:. The only difference is that my neg rep is worth something, so people don't argue TOO much :p:.

Plus... I'm no pushover .

Idiot.

Yeah, that's right ;yes;. That was a needless insult. I hope you felt that one :p:.
    Eye ahm knott ahn ihdeeott!!!! *cries in corner*

Oh! Crimson's an idiot. Well...could be :rolleyes: We did have an extended talk in 'Moreron Speeeeek' yesterday evening, so I dunno...

Anyways, I'm officially out of stuff to watch (finished Heroes, Doctor Who's over for another series, finished SG:A, etc. etc.). So! Who's get something to recommend I seek out and devour?

ReputationRep:
    So! Who's get something to recommend I seek out and devour?
    I recommend devouring Demon or Crimson. Mr Crimson I will be revenged on you for your sneaky attack. don't think I'll forget it:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    I recommend devouring Demon or Crimson. Mr Crimson I will be revenged on you for your sneaky attack. don't think I'll forget it:p:
    Yeah, but that'd be proactive. I just want to sit on my arse and watch something besides comedy re-runs :p: Plus my jaws don't unhinge, like you! Vile Sith!!

*surrounds self in impenetrable, EMP-proof, ZMP-powered personal shield, petting his ysalamiri*

ReputationRep:
    Read something for a change :p: Demon's lent me 'Furies of Calderon' by Jim Butcher, and I can hardly put it down!! :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Read something for a change :p: Demon's lent me 'Furies of Calderon' by Jim Butcher, and I can hardly put it down!! :king1:
    I am! I've given up momentarily on the Wheel of Time - I've finished book 9, and I've been having an extended break before I power through 10 and 11 - and I've been perusing my Dad's large collection of fantasy fiction, having just finished the second book of the Prince of Nothing trilogy! I'll also - though I'll probably regret it - be picking up the new Harry Potter when it's released, if only to find out who RAB is. But I need some moving pictures to break up the day

ReputationRep:
    I am! I've given up momentarily on the Wheel of Time - I've finished book 9, and I've been having an extended break before I power through 10 and 11 - and I've been perusing my Dad's large collection of fantasy fiction, having just finished the second book of the Prince of Nothing trilogy! I'll also - though I'll probably regret it - be picking up the new Harry Potter when it's released, if only to find out who RAB is. But I need some moving pictures to break up the day
    Oooh WoT was awesome. although some of the later books were annoying. There were too many charcters and it kept switching between them I really can't wait for 12 to come out though.

ReputationRep:
    When does the last HP come out? Was the 'Prince of Nothing' Trilogy any good?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but that'd be proactive. I just want to sit on my arse and watch something besides comedy re-runs :p: Plus my jaws don't unhinge, like you! Vile Sith!!

*surrounds self in impenetrable, EMP-proof, ZMP-powered personal shield, petting his ysalamiri*
    Hey the Sith are awesome.

*Uses the Dark Side to create a supernova next to jayk:p: *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Hey the Sith are awesome.
    :five:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.