The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You both missed it?!

You shall be punished.... but whilst I think it up, watch the intro, with its amazing music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBQwbUJKzwA
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good music, goes well with the show Cant believe I missed it, I heard so many good things about the show
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ahem, theres always bittorrent.... I never actually understood, if its legal or not to download shows which are on TV for you anyway, isnt it like just recording?
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
Ahem, theres always bittorrent.... I never actually understood, if its legal or not to download shows which are on TV for you anyway, isnt it like just recording?
That's how I interpret it, but to be honest I think the point is that if you record it, you still have to watch the adverts, whereas when you download them, there're no adverts!

*blink*

So! I'm back! Apparently the holiday wasn't 2 weeks....it was 5 days :s: Also, my toes hurt...

I've processed all the join requests, so we now have 3 new peeps in the gang! And I'll be buggered if I can remember who they are

And what're the urinals, rubber chickens and ice cubes doing cluttering up the thread?
simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It was repeated at 2:35 last night on SkyOne but it was too late for me
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jayk_bakner)
That's how I interpret it, but to be honest I think the point is that if you record it, you still have to watch the adverts, whereas when you download them, there're no adverts!

*blink*

So! I'm back! Apparently the holiday wasn't 2 weeks....it was 5 days :s: Also, my toes hurt...

I've processed all the join requests, so we now have 3 new peeps in the gang! And I'll be buggered if I can remember who they are

And what're the urinals, rubber chickens and ice cubes doing cluttering up the thread?
Damn, and I thought we were guna have rid of you for a few more days

But anyway, how was the holiday!? Tis good to have you back
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome back jayk! Hope you had a nice holiday, I'm going on holiday tomorrow I just hope my router arrives before we set off, anyone know what happens to shipments that cant get delivered cause noones home?
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
It was repeated at 2:35 last night on SkyOne but it was too late for me
2:35?! Who watches tv at that time? I hate watching tv after 9pm
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
Welcome back jayk! Hope you had a nice holiday, I'm going on holiday tomorrow I just hope my router arrives before we set off, anyone know what happens to shipments that cant get delivered cause noones home?

I've been watching Stargate at midnight before.... no later than that though. Although for programs that late, its why tape recorders were invented :p:
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is Eureka any good then? I was thinking about watching it but never actually looked to see when it was on.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's pretty popular on a scifi forum I'm a member of, definately worth watching.
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, its very sciency, which is good, but also has humour, although not over the top. More in a nice, subtle way.
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Are there a good set of characters? Considering the sci-fi/fantasy tv I watch is stuff like Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Farscape, Lost, where there are a lot of season-long plots and character arcs, does it look like Eureka will have those things, or just one-off episodes ala X-Files, etc.
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
Are there a good set of characters? Considering the sci-fi/fantasy tv I watch is stuff like Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Farscape, Lost, where there are a lot of season-long plots and character arcs, does it look like Eureka will have those things, or just one-off episodes ala X-Files, etc.
Well, the main guy seems interesting, and theres the possible development of him, with the lead woman, including her ex-husband in the mix. The main character also has a daughter, so the usual father daughter stuff can be expected aswell, especially as shes a delinquant who ran away from home.

And then theres Sarah.... we love Sarah, but you'll have to find out who she is later on

Oh yeah, and Henry, hes cool too
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've been watching Stargate at midnight before.... no later than that though
I've been watching a double bill of stargate SG1 every weeknight on SkyOne that starts around midnight and finishes around 2!!! But alternately the same episodes are on SkyOne at 4-6pm!
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've seen the first 3 episodes of Eureka, it's quite good, but I can't see how they would develop an interesting story arc throughout the series. Probably something involving the military "section 5" or whatever it is.
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)

I hate watching TV BEFORE 9pm.... don't know why. I just far prefer to relax in front of the tv and channel surf after everyone's gone to bed, and maybe watch some dvds without anyone coming in and interrupting me. I also feel like a lazy shut in if I watch TV in the middle of the day when it's sunny outside, whereas in the middle of the night (when I can't usually get to sleep anyway in this heat) I feel perfectly ok about doing nothing but sitting in front of the TV.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wahey for staying up watching TV!

Currently watching the pilot of Eureka (seeing as we were talking about it, I hunted it down in the listings ), and it's pretty good! The humour is really funny, and the effects are quite cool. I shall definitely be watching the second episode on wednesday!

And also, just out of interest, why is America obsessed with heroes named Jack? 24, Lost and now this!! WTF man?!?!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, how ironic. I've literally just finished watching the first episode of A Town Called Eureka on Sky Two - I really enjoyed it! You guys were right, the humour was understated and the plot twists were cool! :top:
bullyfish
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well if you like the plot twists in the first episode, you'll love them in the second!
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I need to see that first episode!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.38%
No (480)
72.62%

Watched Threads