The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm obsessed with the Star Wars films. I've never read the books though, because it always seemed confusing to try and find which one was the beginning of the series. There seem to be so many of them, and its annoying to try start a new series at a library because you almost always can't find half of it! I chose smaller targets...

Lol.. for my birthday party this year we did fancy dress, and I dressed up as Queen Amidala. That was great..I've always wanted to do that for a laugh!
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
I'm obsessed with the Star Wars films. I've never read the books though, because it always seemed confusing to try and find which one was the beginning of the series. There seem to be so many of them, and its annoying to try start a new series at a library because you almost always can't find half of it! I chose smaller targets...

Lol.. for my birthday party this year we did fancy dress, and I dressed up as Queen Amidala. That was great..I've always wanted to do that for a laugh!
I've never met a girl who likes the star wars films... you must be very special :p:
simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
You forgot Stargate! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm a huge fan of the older Stargate SG1 series, Stargate Atlantis is great too (but nothing compared to SG1), also love Firefly (seen about half of the series so far, love it! ), Dr Who is great, seen LotR a billion times, loved the first Matrix movie, I've seen Star Wars episodes 1 - 4 (not obsessed with it though), seen a few Trek episodes here and there, great series, like TNG the best.
Stargate SG1 is great! I love watching it! I think series 10 is out in October!
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you don't want to know the end of the thrawn trilogy don't look at the spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Original post by Demon_AS)
Ah, yeah! I knew it was one or the other. There's on book where he first meets Mara, and she's trying to kill him as the last directive from the Emperor .
Spoiler:
Show
And she managed to acomplish it by killing Luke's clone Luuke, such a twist, I had no idea that the Emperor had recovered Luke's hand from Bespin! And that crazy dark Jedi clone Joruus C'both :eek:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
I've never met a girl who likes the star wars films... you must be very special :p:
I'm surprised you've never met a female Star Wars fan... but I am very special, yes
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
Stargate SG1 is great! I love watching it! I think series 10 is out in October!
Can be out sooner if you know where to *acquire* it

I've lost interest in SG1 though, its not the same without Jack. I might watch season 10, from what I've read it sounds really good
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
If you don't want to know the end of the thrawn trilogy don't look at the spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
Show
And she managed to acomplish it by killing Luke's clone Luuke, such a twist, I had no idea that the Emperor had recovered Luke's hand from Bespin! And that crazy dark Jedi clone Joruus C'both :eek:
Yeah, it was awesome .
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
Can be out sooner if you know where to *acquire* it

I've lost interest in SG1 though, its not the same without Jack. I might watch season 10, from what I've read it sounds really good
I can't believe that he and Carter never got together properly! But that's because they work together.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, it was awesome .
I also like the books set during the clone wars with the old Jedi order!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, although I haven't as yet read all the books from the Old Order. I read mostly what I came across, which is a lot of them, but not all.

The old stuff was cool, though .
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I've read most of them as well! I think my fav's of the clone wars books are the Jedi healer duology!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, I've not read those. The old school stuff that I've read came after the clone wars, which I haven't really delved into as yet.

I think I may have misread your earlier post .
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No the clone wars books are relatively new! Were you talking about the books set just after the battle of endor?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, that's what I was talking about . I've read most of the post-RotJ books, and really only the Han Solo stuff for pre-ANH. NJO, as I said, I've pretty much read, although I may have missed a couple of trilogies here or there.

Spoiler:
Show
RotJ = Return of the Jedi, ANH = A New Hope and NJO = New Jedi Order, in case my abbreviations were unclear
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
RotJ = Return of the Jedi, ANH = A New Hope and NJO = New Jedi Order, in case my abbreviations were unclear
:cool:
Spoiler:
Show
Your abbreviations are historically unclear... :rolleyes:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They were? :confused:
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did anyone read the start wars books with the vu'vang vong? (I have no idea of the spelling for that)

My friend read them a couple years back and loved them, but the plot seemed pretty crazy from what I can remember

Spoiler:
Show

When the galaxy is invaded by a force from a completly different galaxy, huge numbers of ships which were almost impossible to destroy, and every member of the species had uber-force powers

Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
Did anyone read the start wars books with the vu'vang vong? (I have no idea of the spelling for that)

My friend read them a couple years back and loved them, but the plot seemed pretty crazy from what I can remember

Spoiler:
Show

When the galaxy is invaded by a force from a completly different galaxy, huge numbers of ships which were almost impossible to destroy, and every member of the species had uber-force powers

Haha, you mean the Yu'zaahn Vong? Yeah, those are the New Jedi Order books that I mentioned. I believe the first three books are called Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore, followed by the Dark Tide duology by Michael A. Stackpole.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They were? :confused:
To those as slow on the uptake as myself, yes
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, oh right. I think I understand what you mean - I apologise for the confusion. It takes a hardcore SW fan to interpret my ramblings .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads