Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I edited my last post . You a HP fan?

ReputationRep:
    Yep indeedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hah, since when?! :p:
    Since today! :p:

Arjun I started watching House

EDIT: And I started rereading the last few HP books... I miss Krum He had great potential.

ReputationRep:
    Gemma: Do you know how I knew that?

DA: We'll see how long that lasts, lol. You're the biggest text-speaker of them all :p:.

Keren: Well done! House is awesome, is it not?

ReputationRep:
    How did you guess Demon? :p:

Are you a Potter fan at all?

ReputationRep:
    The quote under your name . I've only read book 7 once, but I still recognised it lol. I'm a big fan of the books, but not so much of the films.

In your profile it says you like games. FF fan at all?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, the films are nothing in comparison with the books.

Final Fantasy? I have played X and I enjoyed that. But I wouldn't know apart from that. I usually wait for my brother to buy games for his 360 then I play them and judge them. What is the latest FF to be released?

ReputationRep:
    FFXII was the last, but if you like a good story - and suspect you do - then don't bother. I gave up on it, and I'm the biggest FF fan you'll meet! If you want to play good game with amazing story, play FFVII. Best game and story ever created.

You like reading fantasy? It's pretty much all I read .

ReputationRep:
    Oh man! That's disappointing. What console do you play FF on btw?

There's FF literature??? That's the first I have heard. I shall look on Amazon now

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it, I was disappointed - nay, crushed :p:. I play them on PS2 because that's what I have... I used to have a PS but that's gone to my brother now .

Lol not FF literature, I meant fantasy as a genre. You know, things like Harry Potter, Dark Materials Trilogy, Lord of the Rings... authors like Garth Nix, David Eddings, Robert Jordan, James Clemens, Terry Goodkind, Sara Douglass, Trudi Canavan, Kate Elliot, Jim Butcher, Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb...

Any of these ringing bells?

ReputationRep:
    High fives for PS2

Ah I see! Lol. FF literature would be cool though. Yeah, I love reading fantasy. I think His Dark Materials, LOTR and Harry Potter are my favourites. But I do like Garth Nix, and Raymond E. Feist rings a bell.
    The others I shall have to research. Does Narnia count? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol :five:.

Glad to see another fantasy fan, but I guess here's the best place to run into another one . You should read all the authors I mentioned... they're all fantastic . Narnia does count, I guess :p:.

I recommend Jim Butcher first .

ReputationRep:
    Lol This is my favourite society.

Jim Butcher, you say? Dresden Case Files?

Do they go in any particular order?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, glad to hear it.

And yes, the Dresden Files books are just amazing. It starts with Storm Front, then Full Moon, then Grave Peril, then Summer Knight, then Death Masks, then Dead Beat, then White Night, then Proven Guilty, then Small Favour.

I think. I might've missed one out .

Also, try his Alera Codex books, which is a separate series but equally as good -if not better! - than the Dresden Files . Completely different style of story telling, but fantastic anyway.

I can't praise Butcher enough .

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yay! I get all excited when people recommend me things. :teeth: The post-it notes on my desk are covered with recommendations, and now yours are going on there too. I have taken note of the Dresden Files and Alera Codex. Thank you

(I bet that sounds really sad... Ah well.)

I just purchased Storm Front from play.com Yay :woo: Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Lol, that's amazing! No one's ever taken my recommendations seriously :p:.

I'm honoured, and I only hope you enjoy those books as much as I did and still do .

Now go buy FFVII :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Aww. :console:

I am sure I will enjoy them, I am amused quite easily.

Crisis Core?
    I shall have to beg my mother for some more money
    (That looks like an awesome game btw)

ReputationRep:
    Lol no, Crisis Core is a spin-off game set two years before FFVII, and it's for PSP.

You want the PS1 game, Final Fantasy VII . By Squaresoft, back when they were still Squaresoft and not Square-Enix as they now are .

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.