The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
You'll get no sympathy from me :p:. A true fan of reading factors his life AROUND reading books, not vice versa .
:ditto: Or does both at the same time xD *remembers all the times she nearly got run over on the way to/from school reading*
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:rofl: Good times!
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Indeed Although when we had reading lessons in English i was never allowed to read my own books..until i pointed out that a) I would finish that 100 page book in the lesson b) I had read all these books before and could tell the teacher the plot and c) My book was far more advanced and was a measly 750 pages, so it would, in actual fact, mean that I could read a good book. Oh and it wouldn't look stupid on my reading record :p:

It did look stupid for a while....I had a book that was started one day, next week I had a new book...:p:
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You'll get no sympathy from me :p:. A true fan of reading factors his life AROUND reading books, not vice versa .
Nevarrrrrr!!!!!!!! :p: :woo:
(Original post by Crimson Black)
Rock'n'Rolf aka headbangingly, arselaughoffingly funny then.
Indeed!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sephrenia)
Indeed Although when we had reading lessons in English i was never allowed to read my own books..until i pointed out that a) I would finish that 100 page book in the lesson b) I had read all these books before and could tell the teacher the plot and c) My book was far more advanced and was a measly 750 pages, so it would, in actual fact, mean that I could read a good book. Oh and it wouldn't look stupid on my reading record :p:

It did look stupid for a while....I had a book that was started one day, next week I had a new book...:p:
Hahahaha, wow... that's ridiculously bookish!

I read for pleasure... but I have too many other interests to let it take over my life .
(Original post by Jayk Bakner)
Nevarrrrrr!!!!!!!!
And you can't spell, either :p:.
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I'm a bit of a bookworm =P When I was little I was taken on holiday by my parents and my teachers gave me some books to read..my mum asked for at least twice the amount cos I would have read those before I'de even got there =P
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:ditto: Or does both at the same time xD *remembers all the times she nearly got run over on the way to/from school reading*
Haha, my old job allowed me to do both. Most of the time was spent sitting reading (the paper, or a book... or revising, occasionally. :ninja:)
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, my old job allowed me to do both. Most of the time was spent sitting reading (the paper, or a book... or revising, occasionally. :ninja:)
What did you do? Theres no way I can do both - I'm a waitress!
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What did you do? Theres no way I can do both - I'm a waitress!
I worked in an antiquated fine wine & cigar shop on Fleet Street. Regular customers, but some waiting around at times (especially during the credit crunch and the Bradford & Bingley debacle... we supplied city types with expensive bubbly, and when you're worried about losing your job, you don't splash out on the champers. :rolleyes:).

Nice place though - if you're ever looking for full-time work in London just womble with a CV into 3 Fleet Street (The Four Vintners) and ask if they will need an employee soon. The rotation is pretty frequent as people get bored of sitting around after a while, and up sticks.
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I worked in an antiquated fine wine & cigar shop on Fleet Street. Regular customers, but some waiting around at times (especially during the credit crunch and the Bradford & Bingley debacle... we supplied city types with expensive bubbly, and when you're worried about losing your job, you don't splash out on the champers. :rolleyes:).

Nice place though - if you're ever looking for full-time work in London just womble with a CV into 3 Fleet Street (The Four Vintners) and ask if they will need an employee soon. The rotation is pretty frequent as people get bored of sitting around after a while, and up sticks.
Haha xD If I ever do end up needing full time work in London i certainly shall. Its just slightly on the other side of the country atm =P
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha xD If I ever do end up needing full time work in London i certainly shall. Its just slightly on the other side of the country atm =P
Probably good that waz - it's run by a closet racist and bigoted old man, who cites Kelvin MacKenzie as scripture. I wish I were joking but I ain't. I ended up arguing with him a lot (and was the first employee to properly do so) which says more about my patience than the tolerance of those who went before me... :rolleyes:

And woot! My brother's just received word he'll be doing Biochemistry at Edinburgh University! I am well proud of him. Wish I could do science.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Congrats to your bro.

What do you study, CB?
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probably good that waz - it's run by a closet racist and bigoted old man, who cites Kelvin MacKenzie as scripture. I wish I were joking but I ain't. I ended up arguing with him a lot (and was the first employee to properly do so) which says more about my patience than the tolerance of those who went before me... :rolleyes:

And woot! My brother's just received word he'll be doing Biochemistry at Edinburgh University! I am well proud of him. Wish I could do science.
Ooh-errr :|

YAY for you brother xD
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Congrats to your bro.

What do you study, CB?
I used to study German & History at KCL... done now. Now I'm off to do the graduate diploma in law at the college of law. Woot woot. I guess law (social science of the most complex calibre) is as close as I'll get to "science". Instead, I fool myself by allowing [email protected] and [email protected] to run while I'm away from my PC... doing my miniscule bit for science. :p:

How is everyone btw? Gearing up for september or already out there working?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to study German & History at KCL... done now. Now I'm off to do the graduate diploma in law at the college of law. Woot woot. I guess law (social science of the most complex calibre) is as close as I'll get to "science". Instead, I fool myself by allowing [email protected] and [email protected] to run while I'm away from my PC... doing my miniscule bit for science. :p:

How is everyone btw? Gearing up for september or already out there working?
Wow, good effort! So you iz like waaaaaaaaay older than us? :p:

I'm good thanks, having the most relaxed summer I've ever had and starting to look forward to the second year of medicine. It'll be tough, but I reckon I'm up to the challenge.
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, good effort! So you iz like waaaaaaaaay older than us? :p:

I'm good thanks, having the most relaxed summer I've ever had and starting to look forward to the second year of medicine. It'll be tough, but I reckon I'm up to the challenge.
Heh, I am actually less than a month older than Jayk... :cool: ...and you're probably older than me. 21, 22 this year. Medicos are always ancient, in my experience anyway. :p: I am still a student though. I have a right to be on here and not feel like a paedo. :rolleyes:

I feel seriously young here in Germany. I mean, I feel young most of the time, but I must be the youngest person in this building right now (am interning)... I know people who have only been working properly, fully, for 3 years, and are about 34 years old - they go to school for one more year than we do, and spend aages at uni too, plus doing required work experience. I mean, these people can't call themselves lawyers, officially, until they're 30! It's unbelieveable.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hahaha, well, you're older than me, son . Not by much, though... admittedly - I'm 21 in December .

Medics aren't ancient :p:. We just have longer courses, that's all!
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am still a student though. I have a right to be on here and not feel like a paedo. :rolleyes:
What're you suggesting, hm?!?! :wtf?:
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jayk)
What're you suggesting, hm?!?! :wtf?:
Eh, I can see how that might have been misconstrued. I didn't mean it like that. :woo:
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eh, I can see how that might have been misconstrued. I didn't mean it like that. :woo:
Hehehe, mwahaha etc. etc. :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed