The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually, I also love playing and watching space battles. Going to watch some BSG now
suneilr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jace Falco)
Actually, I also love playing and watching space battles. Going to watch some BSG now
My favourite space battle has to be from StargateG1 at the Ori supergate
Have fun with BSG:p:
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I intend to get the Jedi Academy trilogy next. Which will be slightly odd, because I've already read I, Jedi, which is a later book :p:
Just to warn you - Corran Horn doesn't exist in Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy - at least, I don't recall him there! Despite him being one of my favourite characters - and his later inclusion into the Expanded Universe - I did smile a bit at the cheeky way in which Stackpole introduced him :p:.

Mind you, it's entirely possible that I completely missed all mention of him in the trilogy, because I read it almost a decade ago, but still... .

I still need to finish the LotF series... waiting for Invincible to come out. Although I was reading about midichlorians the other night, following our discussion on it here, and I accidentally ruined the ending for myself :sad:. Not that I hadn't expected it. :no: :doh:
Jace Falco
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stackpole can tend to be a bit sly with how he slips his characters into storylines. He also has one writing habit that particularly annoys me. Sometimes, with exposition, he has two characters explaining something to one another - but they both already know what's being explained. So X will say, "It's the whatever ship!" and Y says, "Yes, as you know it's the ship that has the ability to blow up marshmallows with the power of the Dark Side." And X replies, "Yes, that's the gun that does it there. It looks like a whale's ****."

I'll see if I can find a proper example later.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
Just to warn you - Corran Horn doesn't exist in Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy - at least, I don't recall him there! Despite him being one of my favourite characters - and his later inclusion into the Expanded Universe - I did smile a bit at the cheeky way in which Stackpole introduced him :p:.

Mind you, it's entirely possible that I completely missed all mention of him in the trilogy, because I read it almost a decade ago, but still... .

I still need to finish the LotF series... waiting for Invincible to come out. Although I was reading about midichlorians the other night, following our discussion on it here, and I accidentally ruined the ending for myself :sad:. Not that I hadn't expected it. :no: :doh:
I'm sure Invincible is out.... Although I was a bit surprised about the new Chief of State. Fate of the Jedi should be good from what I've heard so far
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by suneilr)
I'm sure Invincible is out.... Although I was a bit surprised about the new Chief of State. Fate of the Jedi should be good from what I've heard so far
Sorry - I meant to type "the paperback version of Invincible".

Couldn't be arsed with the hardback at those ludicrous prices.

Fate of the Jedi? Not even heard of it :no:.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry - I meant to type "the paperback version of Invincible".

Couldn't be arsed with the hardback at those ludicrous prices.

Fate of the Jedi? Not even heard of it :no:.
Makes sense, of course you could just read it in a library/ Waterstones like I did

Fate of the Jedi is set 2 years after the events of LotF. Don't read the spoiler if you don't want FotJ to be spoilt

Spoiler:
Show
Apparently there's a conflict between Chief of State Daala and the Jedi Order. I've heard that she orders the arrest of Luke for failing to prevent Jacen's fall, as well as some new insidious threat to the Jedi Order
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't click on the spoiler :no:.

Hah, I'm not near a library which stocks it... so I cannot :no:.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't click on the spoiler :no:.

Hah, I'm not near a library which stocks it... so I cannot :no:.
I always read spoilers, I'm never patient enough to wait for the release

No waterstones nearby?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I always read spoilers, I'm never patient enough to wait for the release

No waterstones nearby?
Is the paperback out? :p: If so, there's a waterstones on campus lol, ten mins away.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is the paperback out? :p: If so, there's a waterstones on campus lol, ten mins away.
I was thinking more along the lines of reading it in waterstones...:p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was thinking more along the lines of reading it in waterstones...:p:
Don't have that kind of time to vacillate during the day :p:.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't have that kind of time to vacillate during the day :p:.
Oi, for Star Wars there's always that kind of time:p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oi, for Star Wars there's always that kind of time:p:
Not when you're a medic :no:
Jace Falco
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't need to be able to heal people's hurts. You need to be able to tell them about Star Wars.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not when you're a medic :no:
Really? Most of the medics I know at Imperial spend the majority of their time getting completely wasted. They also end up failing their exams and having to resit but that's besides the point :p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really? Most of the medics I know at Imperial spend the majority of their time getting completely wasted. They also end up failing their exams and having to resit but that's besides the point :p:
Well, as you may have concluded by now, I am not a medic at Imperial :p:.

I have also never been wasted :no:.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't need to be able to heal people's hurts. You need to be able to tell them about Star Wars.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have also never been wasted :no:.
Neither have I....:unsure:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:five:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.88%
No (581)
60.27%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.85%

Watched Threads