The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek3: My reply post hasn't been posted :confused:. I asked DA what a data disc was, and that affects the bargain?

PS: Welcome back DA. Sorry if I've started a trend of using the shortended version of your name :p:.
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
:eek3: My reply post hasn't been posted :confused:. I asked DA what a data disc was, and that affects the bargain?
A data disk is just a normal cd/dvd with stuff burned onto it, if you put video files on it you can only view them on a computer but not a DVD player. It's not worth £10 because I could've done this myself by downloading the episodes and burning them onto a DVD which costs no more than 20p
It's a fake and selling copied episodes like that for money is illegal, I might just report him.
PS: Welcome back DA. Sorry if I've started a trend of using the shortended version of your name :p:.
That's ok, I was wondering why people hadn't done that earlier :p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
A data disk is just a normal cd/dvd with stuff burned onto it, if you put video files on it you can only view them on a computer but not a DVD player. It's not worth £10 because I could've done this myself by downloading the episodes and burning them onto a DVD which costs no more than 20p
It's a fake and selling copied episodes like that for money is illegal, I might just report him.

That's ok, I was wondering why people hadn't done that earlier :p:
Ahhh right! Damn, you were robbed! You probably should report it, if it's illegal...

And cool :cool:. DA is much easier
The Strangest Quark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hello.
I am probably both a geek and a nerd, and I would like to join this society.

Anybody here read anything by Stephen Baxter?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome! And nope, sorry mate, although the name is familiar to me.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*zooms off to 'Manage this Soc'*

*zooms back, spilling gravy on his lap*

Well...y'all have to sign up, if you wanna join

Go here, and find 'Sci-Fi and Fantasy Geeks' then click, 'Join this Soc'. 'S'easy!
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Join us and together we can rule TSR!!!!!!!!!! :p:
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
IT'S OVER!!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!! SG1's BEEN CANCELLED!!! :'( Life has no meaning anymore! How could scifi do such a thing?!!!! They're ratings weren't THAT low!! Can someone please get it through scifi's think heads that the veiwer rating system DOESNT work!!!!! SG1 was picking up this season!! But stupid scifi just had to cancel it before the milestone episode!! I hate them!! *cries*

Our only hope is if another channel picks it up, the producers want to do a S11, they just need a channel, this is still going to ruin them though *** ******** ***** **** **** ******* SCIFI!!!!!!!! :mad:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok, DA... breathe in and out, my dear! Let's take it easy now...

SG-1 will be back! You just have to believe... :top:
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok, DA... breathe in and out, my dear! Let's take it easy now...

SG-1 will be back! You just have to believe... :top:
What if it comes back as a movie?!!! I want a series!!! I'm writing to scifi, just need to know what to write. And there's a petition but you need to donate I'll be donating, I'll do anything to keep SG1 going. I HATE SCIFI!!!!!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, come now... don't hate the player, hate the game. As to what to write, simply write politely, yet emphatically, that you disagree with their decision to cancel the show, and that you most vehemently feel that they should bring it back .
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, come now... don't hate the player, hate the game. As to what to write, simply write politely, yet emphatically, that you disagree with their decision to cancel the show, and that you most vehemently feel that they should bring it back .
Well I was thinking 'You bas.tards! Bring back SG1!!" but your idea is good :p:
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bah! DA, you're complaining after getting 10 seasons! That's...*taps on his calculator* over 150 hours of goodness!

Just think how I feel, with my fave show only getting 1/2 a season and a movie (totalling in at just about 12.5 hours...)! You 'Gaters have all the luck!!

*goes and sits in the corner, muttering angrily about Fox*

EDIT: Apologies for the slightly callous post

Also, wasn't SG1 cancelled due to poor ratings once before, around season 4 or 5? If it got renewed back then, it's probable that it'll get renewed again I've been watching SG1 reruns on Sky One and I have to admit, they're quite entertaining, so I am a little dissapointed!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I was thinking 'You bas.tards! Bring back SG1!!" but your idea is good :p:
Thanks . :top:
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed, Jayk, indeed. Every time I watch Firefly I can't help thinking about all the potential it had. As it is, I just can't name it as one of my favourite shows, as there's so little of it, but I just know that had it gone on as long as Buffy or Angel (two shows that I CAN name as my favourites) it may well have exceeded them. Joss clearly had a great plan in mind. With Buffy and Angel he just made it up as each season came along, introducing and swapping characters here there and everywhere, and it still turned out amazing. With Firefly he had 9 characters that you feel could have gone 7 years and more without a single change, and you just know he had every plot twist planned out years in advance with that show. It was his baby, and it could have been so great!

Sorry for the rant
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
IT'S OVER!!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!! SG1's BEEN CANCELLED!!! :'( Life has no meaning anymore! How could scifi do such a thing?!!!! They're ratings weren't THAT low!! Can someone please get it through scifi's think heads that the veiwer rating system DOESNT work!!!!! SG1 was picking up this season!! But stupid scifi just had to cancel it before the milestone episode!! I hate them!! *cries*

Our only hope is if another channel picks it up, the producers want to do a S11, they just need a channel, this is still going to ruin them though *** ******** ***** **** **** ******* SCIFI!!!!!!!! :mad:
How can they end SG1 mid season?
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
As it is, I just can't name it as one of my favourite shows, as there's so little of it
Yeah, I do use 'favourite' tentatively. I loved every minute of Firefly, but it's difficult to enjoy it on repeat viewings, because there is so little of it. I haven't watched it for AGES (in fact, I'm probably due a viewing ), instead I've been trying to get into other things.

Eureka has almost filled the void Firefly left, and as I said, I'm attempting to get into SG1 and Atlantis (although I'll be buggered if I can dig out the latter in the schedules...). I do enjoy Jack O'Neill, he's got a great sense of humour, and I quite like the way the writers use him to take the piss out of Sci-Fi shows in general.
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've discovered Farscape to fill my recent hunger for sci-fi which Firefly is quite possibly to blame for. I was never into sci-fi before that, and only watched it because it was Joss Whedon. But now I'm finding myself downloading episodes of Farscape and Battlestar Galactica... it's not good. I've also discovered Veronica Mars which is a very joss-like show. And of course there's always Lost
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bah! A pox on Lost! I don't know why, but I really don't like that show...something about it bugs me...I quite liked it at the start, but it just lost (EDIT: Oh, very good Jayk...) my interest after about the 5th episode.

BSG is great though; although I'm still annoyed at them for leaving me on the damn Season 1 cliffhanger for so bleedin' long! And no, I didn't know about BitTorrent
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Woot, Farscape . Good show, that. :top:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads