The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

simatemcprimate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then it'll have to rename itself the fantasy channel as it can't be the sci fi channel with no sci fi!
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup. Although people who don't understand the difference usually bunch them together...

Wait a minute...didn't we bunch them together?

DAMMIT! I confused myself!

Anyways, I re-watched the most recent episode of Eureka, and I slightly recind what I said. I still think it was a little far-fetched, but it was actually okay on second viewing.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jayk Bakner)
Wait a minute...didn't we bunch them together?
I think our name demonstrates that we differentiate between the two:cool:
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyways, I re-watched the most recent episode of Eureka, and I slightly recind what I said. I still think it was a little far-fetched, but it was actually okay on second viewing.
Well it's always possible for people to have hallucinations, they were under the influence of a brainwashing radio wave or something!

It's probably like if they smoked a load of weed!!!!! Hallucinations and paranoia!
yo-less
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
*is back* Hello kids. I'm back, depressed and still vampiric. What's been up? Nice to see the society still going strong.
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
*is back* Hello kids. I'm back, depressed and still vampiric. What's been up? Nice to see the society still going strong.
You're depressed?! My favourite show just got cancelled! :rolleyes: Just kidding :p: How come you're depressed?

Oh and welcome back
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by simatemcprimate)
Well it's always possible for people to have hallucinations, they were under the influence of a brainwashing radio wave or something!

It's probably like if they smoked a load of weed!!!!! Hallucinations and paranoia!
Hehehe! Yeah. It was still entertaining, though, and that's probably the most important thing. Can't wait for Wednesday's episode! Oh! Oh! Question...have you been watching the webisodes? If you have, be they any good? Because I can't bleedin' watch them, as I'm stuck on dial-up until the 5th :mad:

And welcome back, yo-less!! Finally I don't have to keep these unrulies in check on my own
yo-less
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
You're depressed?! My favourite show just got cancelled! :rolleyes: Just kidding :p: How come you're depressed?

Oh and welcome back
Something about the war in my country. Eurgh.

But I did read the newest Artemis Fowl book, The Lost Colony, the second Power Of Five book Evil Star and I watched Pirates Of The Caribbean2 AGAIN in Berlin. And I went to a great amusement park like thing called Futuroscope and they had the most amazing sci-fi ride ever

Lost got cancelled?:eek2: :p:
Hehehe! Yeah. It was still entertaining, though, and that's probably the most important thing. Can't wait for Wednesday's episode! Oh! Oh! Question...have you been watching the webisodes? If you have, be they any good? Because I can't bleedin' watch them, as I'm stuck on dial-up until the 5th :mad:

And welcome back, yo-less!! Finally I don't have to keep these unrulies in check on my own
What have they been up to? :hmmm:
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mostly complaining about Stargate SG-1 getting cancelled. Also, I recall a few urinals and rubber chickens being thrown about

Nah; thread is indeed still going strong, and relatively tasteful
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Unrulies?!!!
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Something about the war in my country. Eurgh.

But I did read the newest Artemis Fowl book, The Lost Colony, the second Power Of Five book Evil Star and I watched Pirates Of The Caribbean2 AGAIN in Berlin. And I went to a great amusement park like thing called Futuroscope and they had the most amazing sci-fi ride ever

Lost got cancelled?:eek2: :p:

What have they been up to? :hmmm:
I bought that the other week but havn't got round to reading it yet (just wanted to make sure I got it in hardback - as I have all the others ). Is it any good? How does it compare to the rest? So far, for me, I think the 1st is the best, then the 3rd, then the 4th, then the 2nd.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Also, I recall a few urinals and rubber chickens being thrown about
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p: RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Unrulies?!!!
*ducks Craghyrax's swinging fists*

Yeah, I think I made that word up...
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*grabs rubber chicken and starts chasing Jayk around TSR*

Well I suppose i'm a bit unruly!!!!!! :p:
yo-less
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Unrulies?!!!
Apparently. This is most displeasing. I hope there was no alcohol involved.
(Original post by wiggles)
I bought that the other week but havn't got round to reading it yet (just wanted to make sure I got it in hardback - as I have all the others ). Is it any good? How does it compare to the rest? So far, for me, I think the 1st is the best, then the 3rd, then the 4th, then the 2nd.
It's excellent, Artemis Fowl is incredibly hot in this book (yes, yo-less is in love with a fictional character, hah hah).

My favourite is the 3rd though, followed by 1st, 2nd and then 4th. I'm not sure where this one fits in yet, I'll get back to you on that.

(Original post by simatemcprimate)
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p: RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Careful, we don't want the society to be quarantined with bird flu.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Careful, we don't want the society to be quarantined with bird flu.
But what can we do? We can't incinerate the rubber chickens as that would release poisonous gases!!!!!!!! :eek: :p:
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My Dad mucked up the recording of Eureka Weve missed the last 2/3 episodes :bawling:
Forgotmytea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can't believe I haven't seen this before! Hell yeah, LOTR, Warhammer, Dr Who, love it all

-Saruman
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome Saruman! Good to have an evil white wizard aboard

And DA, I found something interesting on Stargate SG1's future! Apparently the show isn't cancelled, Sci-Fi have merely cancelled their order for a new season. The right holders - MGM/Sony - have stated that the project is in limbo until a new outlet can be found, but it is by no means over. Currently MGM/Sony have cited Showtime and a channel called G4 as potential buyers.

Interestingly, though, Sci-Fi - the *******s - are attempting to stop it from being shown on another channel, saying something about a breach of contract. Bizarre, but true. It's Firefly all over again (Fox refused to give up the rights so that it could be shown on another channel! :mad:)!!!

Source

Anyways...
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome Saruman! Good to have an evil white wizard aboard

And DA, I found something interesting on Stargate SG1's future! Apparently the show isn't cancelled, Sci-Fi have merely cancelled their order for a new season. The right holders - MGM/Sony - have stated that the project is in limbo until a new outlet can be found, but it is by no means over. Currently MGM/Sony have cited Showtime and a channel called G4 as potential buyers.

Interestingly, though, Sci-Fi - the *******s - are attempting to stop it from being shown on another channel, saying something about a breach of contract. Bizarre, but true. It's Firefly all over again (Fox refused to give up the rights so that it could be shown on another channel! :mad:)!!!

Source

Anyways...
Welsome Saruman

and thats interesting...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads