The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society Watch

Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OMG! Just watching the Stargate SG-1 episode 'Heroes Pt. 1' on Sky One! And I had a total geek out moment!!!

THE MAN THEY CALL JAYNE IS IN THAT EPISODE! I was SOOOO excited! He blew something up!

*composes himself*

Anyway.
Kimi3013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jayk Bakner)
Yeah...apologies for the spoiler Good thing I stuck it in the tags, eh?

Just like to extend a welcome to our newest official member; Kimi3013! If you're reading this...welcome. If not...I'm talking to myself!
I'm here *Waves*

I'm catching up on Eureka right now, only seen the first two so far. I'm liking it.
simatemcprimate
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OMG! Just watching the Stargate SG-1 episode 'Heroes Pt. 1' on Sky One! And I had a total geek out moment!!!

THE MAN THEY CALL JAYNE IS IN THAT EPISODE! I was SOOOO excited! He blew something up!

*composes himself*

Anyway.
About the Stargate SG1 episode Heroes
Spoiler:
Show
That's the episode where Janet Frasier dies
AlexG
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

*composes himself*

Anyway.
I love Stargate SG-1. Firefly is also a total obsession, lol, the man they call Jayne is in quite a lot of things... Do u like Angel because the last few episodes of the fifth season he is in.

Have you seen Slither... Nathon Fillion.... oh yh... lol
Nia_86
Report 12 years ago
official season 2 blog: http://www.universal-playback.com/battlestar/
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heroes 1&2 are such great episodes, I rate Abyss and the season 7 finale higher (though, I rate the season 7 finale as the best bit of televsion...ever).

edit: Also, SaveStargateSG1.com
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pav27)
Heroes 1&2 are such great episodes, I rate Abyss and the season 7 finale higher (though, I rate the season 7 finale as the best bit of televsion...ever).
AH, excellent I was quite shocked by what happened in part 2 of Hereos Very sad indeed. Can't wait for the finale.
(Original post by AlexG)
I love Stargate SG-1. Firefly is also a total obsession, lol, the man they call Jayne is in quite a lot of things... Do u like Angel because the last few episodes of the fifth season he is in.
I loved that film; it had just my kind of humour. And I honestly didn't like Angel that much - it just seemed a little tired - though I did catch Fillion as Caleb in Buffy. V good stuff.
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
AH, excellent I was quite shocked by what happened in part 2 of Hereos Very sad indeed. Can't wait for the finale.
Make sure you're not disturbed, and watch it on a big a screen as possible!
yo-less
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by AlexG)

:hmmmm2: I never got around to watching Angel consistantly. Was it worth it?
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
It's marginal, first few series were decent then it became retarded and silly near the end, much the same as Buffy.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Meh, sometimes people don't know when to end a series. I'm sure there are hardcore Angel and Buffy fans out there who'll say it's brilliant all the way through :p:.

My problem is that I tend to lose interest and forget to keep up. Then, if I chance across an episode of... whatever I'm watching... I often think "...Meh" and change. :dontknow:
AlexG
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

I loved that film; it had just my kind of humour. And I honestly didn't like Angel that much - it just seemed a little tired - though I did catch Fillion as Caleb in Buffy. V good stuff.
Slither was very funny, that is my humour as well, not many people liked it. It reminded me of critters with slugs and the american Shaun of the Dead, lol, Angel was ok but the fifth season was the best and Adam Baldwin was very funny when he was in it. Caleb was very creepy and Nathan Fillion played him excellently.

(Original post by yo-less)
It was ok, the first two seasons was brilliant, three was ok and then four was just terrible. But season five revived it and then it ended. So i think it is worth watching.
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
Meh, sometimes people don't know when to end a series. I'm sure there are hardcore Angel and Buffy fans out there who'll say it's brilliant all the way through :p:.

My problem is that I tend to lose interest and forget to keep up. Then, if I chance across an episode of... whatever I'm watching... I often think "...Meh" and change. :dontknow:
I agree about Buffy, the last two seasons were poor and definitely not up to the standard of the others. 5 is my favourite though and think that was great, and they probably should have ended it there.
Angel, however, I would say was more consistent, and although it didn't reach the heights of Buffy, it didn't dip to as many lows. I'd say it was more consistent, and also that it could have carried on for at least one more season after it's 5th, probably 2, as Angel and Spike were hilarious together, and they hadn't even begun to explore the possiblities there, the same with Illyria, who could have done so much more, as could have Lindsay. And if they'd made Andrew a regular as well it could have been brilliant! But sadly, we'll never know...
But yeah, on the whole I'd say Buffy felt stretched out when it ended, whereas Angel felt as though it had died before it's time.
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree, Buffy did kinda run out of breathe, and just staggered through the last couple of seasons. Still, there were some good episodes therein, and the general story was pretty decent. Can't comment on Angel, haven't seen much of it, and didn't particularly like what I have seen.
(Original post by Pav27)
Make sure you're not disturbed, and watch it on a big a screen as possible!
Yessir! It should be on Sky one on, like, Wednesday, so that'll be a good day! Finale of Season 7, AND Eureka. Can't wait!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
I agree about Buffy, the last two seasons were poor and definitely not up to the standard of the others. 5 is my favourite though and think that was great, and they probably should have ended it there.
Angel, however, I would say was more consistent, and although it didn't reach the heights of Buffy, it didn't dip to as many lows. I'd say it was more consistent, and also that it could have carried on for at least one more season after it's 5th, probably 2, as Angel and Spike were hilarious together, and they hadn't even begun to explore the possiblities there, the same with Illyria, who could have done so much more, as could have Lindsay. And if they'd made Andrew a regular as well it could have been brilliant! But sadly, we'll never know...
But yeah, on the whole I'd say Buffy felt stretched out when it ended, whereas Angel felt as though it had died before it's time.
I had liked what I'd seen of Angel series 1... but sadly - and typically - I never cared enough about TV to watch them all. I have too many interests, I find - between reading, guitar, playstation, internet and outdoor sports (including the gym, which I try to visit as often as possible), I just don't have enough time to follow everything lol.
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well now you're making me look like a right GEEK for NOT having "too many other interests", lol. But I suppose I do watch rather a lot of TV.... But I also enjoy to read, play sports, and am a member of my local gym
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well now you're making me look like a right GEEK for NOT having "too many other interests", lol. But I suppose I do watch rather a lot of TV.... But I also enjoy to read, play sports, and am a member of my local gym
I like the careful wording behind: "I am a member of my local gym"...
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Meh, it's actually less of a blessing than it seems. Too many distractions is not a good thing!
AlexG
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Now I am going to be ultra Geek-ish and admit that I love the new Doctor Who. I'm very sorry but I love David Tennant and i was just watching 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and Christopher Eccleston is in it and it reminded me of Doctor Who ... lol
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
I like the careful wording behind: "I am a member of my local gym"...
lol, well I do actually go, so that wasn't just a sly way of making it sound like I do when I don't. Although, while I used to go to the gym and swim afterwards, recently I've been being lazy and only going swimming.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads