Turn on thread page Beta

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe. Big meanie.

I don't care though, because I got Battlestar Galactica Season 2 yesterday and I'm currently happily powering through the first 4 episodes. So :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, sorry man. It was fun while it lasted :p:. You enjoyed BSG? Never got into it, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Lol, sorry man. It was fun while it lasted :p:. You enjoyed BSG? Never got into it, to be honest.
    Hehe, not a problem. Trust me when I say I was called far worse things than 'gaylord' when I was 10 through 16 (then I got MASSIVE, and people backed down ).

OMG Yes! It's superb! It also kinda fills the Firefly-shaped hole in my life; it has very similar production values. It's also got great story-arcs, and great performances; it's just generally a great show!

ReputationRep:
    Cool . Massive, you say? As in bulked out with some hardcore gym work? I've been four times since Saturday, I'm knackered mate!

ReputationRep:
    Well...I'm 6'4, I weigh 21 stone, and I ain't fat (well...maybe a tiny bit; I'm not exactly massively toned, but I'm more in that direction than in the other). So you do the math

I don't do gym stuff usually - because it does wear me out - so I'm more in favour of the natural excursion side of exercise. I live on a HUGE hill up here in the middle of Scotland, and I've explored most of it at least four times, so it keeps the fat off me, and there's loads bits that are quite tricky to climb, so that builds me muscles. And I too am knackered

ReputationRep:
    Aha! And so that kind of exercise should. Me, I'm more of a 6' 0" kind of guy, 12 stone, more muscle than fat. Thankfully! Time was when it wasn't that way, but I seem to have run most of that stuff off :p:.

Anyways, I need sleep man. Good night/morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Aha! And so that kind of exercise should. Me, I'm more of a 6' 0" kind of guy, 12 stone, more muscle than fat. Thankfully! Time was when it wasn't that way, but I seem to have run most of that stuff off :p:.

Anyways, I need sleep man. Good night/morning!
    Same...I was a really pudgy when I was 12, then I dropped four stone and shot upwards, which in turn made me gain a shedload of weight in muscle and bone structure. No-one can quite explain how I weigh 21 stone (most people guess I'm about 17), but there it is. Anyway! Good night...I'm orf too...

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of Anakin Vs Luke, I think Anakin would have the edge, simply because he's a 'proper' Jedi, whereas Luke has had comparatively very little training.

*Back to not sleeping in order to be up early tomorrow*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    On the topic of Anakin Vs Luke, I think Anakin would have the edge, simply because he's a 'proper' Jedi, whereas Luke has had comparatively very little training.

*Back to not sleeping in order to be up early tomorrow*
    But he managed to beat Vader without much training, kinda says something about Anakin's fighting skills, dontcha think? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)
    Hehehe. Big meanie.

I don't care though, because I got Battlestar Galactica Season 2 yesterday and I'm currently happily powering through the first 4 episodes. So :p:
    Season one's done 54% *pokes it* get a move on!!! :mad: I need something to fill the Firefly and SG1 void

I think I'll go watch those last two episodes of StarWars, need to watch them some time, might as well be now.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not a problem. Trust me when I say I was called far worse things than 'gaylord' when I was 10 through 16 (then I got MASSIVE, and people backed down ).

OMG Yes! It's superb! It also kinda fills the Firefly-shaped hole in my life; it has very similar production values. It's also got great story-arcs, and great performances; it's just generally a great show!
    Umm hello, nothing can replace Firefly or Serentiy, i watched it again this morning and still cry at the character deaths (not mentioning who, lol) in that film, and laugh at every single joke, even though i have seen it soooo many times.

Also watched 'Objects in Space' again and realised nce again that Jubal Early is very very creepy! lol

And in other notices... 6'4!! wow, ur like a giant to me, I'm 5'1, yh im very very very very short.....

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe. Big meanie.

What a coincidence, I just finished downloading it yesterday. Have only watched the first ep so far though. It is very good. I thought it would be Star Trek-esque, but it's not. It's a lot less sterile and more gritty and realistic. Like you said, similar to Firefly. I also like that it's all about big arcs, and there aren't really any one-off stories where they say "this is the plot for this episode" and it's all resolved and everything's back to normal at the end of the episode, like a lot of sci-fi is. In fact, that could be the one thing I'm not too keen on about Farscape, as that does seem to happen a lot. Although I appreciate there's a lot of subtle arcs in that as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    But he managed to beat Vader without much training, kinda says something about Anakin's fighting skills, dontcha think? :p:
    What, robot Vader with mechanical arms, aged around 50?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexG)
    Umm hello, nothing can replace Firefly or Serentiy
    Firefly and Serenity are excellent, but nothing will replace my beloved SG-1, ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexG)
    Umm hello, nothing can replace Firefly or Serentiy, i watched it again this morning and still cry at the character deaths (not mentioning who, lol) in that film, and laugh at every single joke, even though i have seen it soooo many times.

Also watched 'Objects in Space' again and realised nce again that Jubal Early is very very creepy! lol

And in other notices... 6'4!! wow, ur like a giant to me, I'm 5'1, yh im very very very very short.....
    Have you read Virtual Firefly? It's written by a fan (or fans, not really sure) and it's what could've happened in Season 2 of firefly if it was carried on, it's really good, I read episode one the other day and it feels completely like Firefly, the charecters are really well done And it makes you laugh just like Firefly did
    Here's the link if you haven't read them yet-
    http://www.stillflying.net/

To get the episodes go to seasons --> click the image for season one --> click the first DVD image --> then click read episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    What, robot Vader with mechanical arms, aged around 50?
    Good point :p:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Firefly and Serenity are excellent, but nothing will replace my beloved SG-1, ever!
    I dont know if I'm more upset over SG1's cancellation or Firefly, I dont know which one I like more either, I still get teary-eyed about both of thems cancellations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    I dont know if I'm more upset over SG1's cancellation or Firefly, I dont know which one I like more either, I still get teary-eyed about both of thems cancellations

tbh I'm glad they're ending it, I don't want it to to drag on and drop in quality. They should have ended it at series 8, losing RDA was a major hit for the show, he's it's core!

All the important relationships were O'Neill + another member of SG-1, the only one getting close being Jacko and Teal'C. Carter's relationships with T and Jacko have never been fully explored, no where near to the extent at which is required. Besides that being lost, the comic factor has dropped considerabley since RDA left, and while Mitchell is a decent character, he's never going to be able to replace O'Neill.

Spoiler:
    Show
    On top of that, we had proper closure at the end of season 8 with the key enemies being defeated.

I hear they'll be doing other projects in the future involving Stargate, which sounds interesting, as long as O'Neill is back

ReputationRep:
    Well I never watched SG1, but I'd assume you'd be upset for different reasons. With Firefly, I'm mad cos there was so much pootential and it didn't even reach it's stride before it was cut short. With SG1 I'd imagine it's more like, because those characters have been part of your life for so long, and now they're gone, it's a bigger loss, rather than sadness at what something could have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggles)
    Well I never watched SG1, but I'd assume you'd be upset for different reasons. With Firefly, I'm mad cos there was so much pootential and it didn't even reach it's stride before it was cut short. With SG1 I'd imagine it's more like, because those characters have been part of your life for so long, and now they're gone, it's a bigger loss, rather than sadness at what something could have been.
    Better to remember a show fondly than struggling through crap later seasons . And totally agree about Firefly, I'd much rather see another series of that than SG-1, though it's pretty much completely dead now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Oh yeah, Stargate will always be my favourite aswell, nothing will ever replace that for me, but i just think Firefly was amazing...

Oh and a side note i met Corin Nemec... lol...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.