The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Pav27
I felt that it explored the Jack of the film more than the character that's developed in the series, I think RDA said it allowed him to move the character on and put his own spin on him. Abyss I feel differs as it really explores the kind of person Jack is, whereas I feel Cold Lazarus concludes a part of Jack's life, while giving us an insight into his past, but without us really finding out about his character. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree though :wink:

Oh, and McKay clearly owns!

I agree with what you said, its just we prefer each episode for different reasons. Abyss has the ultimate Jack/Ba'al moments in it :biggrin: And some great Jack/Daniel moments in it too :smile: Hard to say which I prefer, they're both great eps for different reasons.
Reply 1041
Darkened Angel
:rofl:

Beckett is great too, they shouldn't have made him a regular though, it was better when he was just a regular. Why havent there been any Beckett/McKay moments recently? Those are always enjoyable, infact Beckett's not been around that much lately :s-smilie: They need to make a Beckett centered episode, also a John centered episode where we find out about his history.

Yeah that would great... yh mckay and beckett moments are fantastic, i love them both together, i also find Mckay and Zalenka ar sooooo funny together... lol
Reply 1042
*wishes he knew who Beckett and McKay were*
Reply 1043
Jayk Bakner

Two main ppl in Stargate Atlantis, Mckay is also in a few stargate SG-1, he is the annoying physicist who likes Sam... but i love him to bits, lol, he is so funny. Beckett is the Doctor Dr. on Atlantis...
Reply 1044
AlexG
Two main ppl in Stargate Atlantis, Mckay is also in a few stargate SG-1, he is the annoying physicist who likes Sam... but i love him to bits, lol, he is so funny. Beckett is the Doctor Dr. on Atlantis...

awesome*
Woo! :party: Eureka tonight.
Demon_AS
Woo! :party: Eureka tonight.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh ;yay; Did you see last weeks episode?
I'm really luving Eureka atm, favourite episode so far has to be the one when he first moved into the smart house (episode two I think)

Jayk Bakner

*wishes you knew too* :wink:
Reply 1048
AlexG

Ah-ha; me sees :biggrin:

And I'm gonna miss Eureka tonight!!!!!!! I'm a bit gutted, but in all fairness, Man Utd were here first :biggrin: (and they're playing Celtic; so being a Rangers fan I'm looking forward to them getting whipped, particularly by my English team :biggrin:)

When is it repeated again? 'Cause I'll have to catch it then.
Jayk Bakner

And I'm gonna miss Eureka tonight!!!!!!! I'm a bit gutted, but in all fairness, Man Utd were here first :biggrin: (and they're playing Celtic; so being a Rangers fan I'm looking forward to them getting whipped, particularly by my English team :biggrin:)

You've just made yourself an enemy for life!!!!
Reply 1050
Darkened Angel
You've just made yourself an enemy for life!!!!

Eek!

*dives for cover*

(note: is that for liking Rangers or United? I'm guessing United, given your location :biggrin:)

EDIT: And no, I ain't a glory supporter (not that we're getting accused of that much any more); supported them since I knew what football was about :biggrin:
Jayk Bakner
Eek!

*dives for cover*

(note: is that for liking Rangers or United? I'm guessing United, given your location :biggrin:)

EDIT: And no, I ain't a glory supporter (not that we're getting accused of that much any more); supported them since I knew what football was about :biggrin:

Man United :P Although I cant really say I'm a proper supporter, I dont have the sports channel :frown: I've just supported them when I was a kid when FA cup footie matches used to come on the BBC channel.
Reply 1052
Fair enough!

Oh! Oh! I just bought the the new Star Wars DVD's for a ridiculously low price out of some random independant DVD place in Stirling (where?!?!?!). Can't wait to watch the tacky, retro goodness that is the original theatrical versions :biggrin:
Jayk Bakner
Fair enough!

Oh! Oh! I just bought the the new Star Wars DVD's for a ridiculously low price out of some random independant DVD place in Stirling (where?!?!?!). Can't wait to watch the tacky, retro goodness that is the original theatrical versions :biggrin:

How much were they? I managed to get the LotR extended versions for only £30 for the set! :biggrin:
Reply 1054
Darkened Angel
How much were they? I managed to get the LotR extended versions for only £30 for the set! :biggrin:

Same price as they are currently on Amazon - £13.99 each. Not exactly a snip, but when you compare it to the original price - £22.99 - AND the fact that I got it on the high street, it's pretty damn good!

I got the LotR set for that too! Brand new from the Amazon Marketplace :biggrin:
Jayk Bakner
Same price as they are currently on Amazon - £13.99 each. Not exactly a snip, but when you compare it to the original price - £22.99 - AND the fact that I got it on the high street, it's pretty damn good!

I got the LotR set for that too! Brand new from the Amazon Marketplace :biggrin:

I brought LotR from music zone, damn good prices over there. Great bargain on the StarWars DVDs, I cant seem to get into it though :s-smilie:
Reply 1056
Darkened Angel

My friend got all 3 of the normal editions for £1.75 each off amazon :p:
Reply 1057
wiggles
My friend got all 3 of the normal editions for £1.75 each off amazon :p:

Well lah-de-dah! :biggrin:
simatemcprimate
Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh ;yay; Did you see last weeks episode?

Yup, sure did :biggrin:. The one with the doomsday-weapon thing haha. I only caught the last half hour, unfortunately, but enough of it to get what the programme was about :biggrin:.
Jayk Bakner

When is it repeated again? 'Cause I'll have to catch it then.

It's repeated tomorrow, at around 23:00 or 00:00 on 107 (Sky Two, or whatever).

Oh, and... as a Chelsea fan... I have to say... *ahem*.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Man Utd. 0 - 1 Celtic

/laugh over :p:.

Quick Reply

Latest