The Student Room Group

Caught my friend snooping through my bag

So a few days ago, after coming back from the loo at the start of a lesson, I caught my friend looking through my bag. She was going through all the pockets and pulling out things. She didn't notice I was there until I sneezed and she looked up with this incredibly guilty look on her face.
I didn't really say anything about it- I kinda just sat down and got on with the lesson. But now, looking back on it, I'm wondering if I should have confronted her about it. Is that a normal thing for a best friend to be doing? Because it looked super freaking weird to me. And should I still trust her, knowing that she is capable of going through my stuff when I'm not there? I just don't know :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
prob thinks her bf is cheating on her w/ u
Reply 2
Original post by VDW
prob thinks her bf is cheating on her w/ u

She doesn't have a boyfriend :tongue:
Reply 3
thats weird
I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with anyone doing that, unless it was my closest friend. Even at home I keep my bag hidden from everyone because my friend and I use it to hide things in a hidden compartment I somehow managed to rip myself.
I wouldn't mind if it was best friend cause we are really really close, but other friends I would probably question what they are doing.

Maybe she was looking for tissues or something?
That's a bit odd, I wouldn't be particularly happy about that. You probably should have asked her what she was doing...
Original post by Vixen47
I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with anyone doing that, unless it was my closest friend. Even at home I keep my bag hidden from everyone because my friend and I use it to hide things in a hidden compartment I somehow managed to rip myself.

What do you hide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suzylemonade
So a few days ago, after coming back from the loo at the start of a lesson, I caught my friend looking through my bag. She was going through all the pockets and pulling out things. She didn't notice I was there until I sneezed and she looked up with this incredibly guilty look on her face.
I didn't really say anything about it- I kinda just sat down and got on with the lesson. But now, looking back on it, I'm wondering if I should have confronted her about it. Is that a normal thing for a best friend to be doing? Because it looked super freaking weird to me. And should I still trust her, knowing that she is capable of going through my stuff when I'm not there? I just don't know :s-smilie:

Ask her, especially as she looked guilty! I would be really annoyed! Your personal belongings in there, she shouldn't have gone inside it even if she just wanted a pen or tissues!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Bitch slap her into next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

I'd say categorically no!
Original post by Maid Marian
That's a bit odd, I wouldn't be particularly happy about that. You probably should have asked her what she was doing...

Yeah, I probably should. It just felt a bit awkward bringing it up, so I left it
Original post by Smartcook
Bitch slap her into next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
I think I'd probably lose her as a friend if I did so. Plus, next year isn't very far away xD

Maybe she needed a pen or something.
Original post by StormXibalba
Maybe she needed a pen or something.

My pencil case was on the table, right next to her xD
Reply 15
If you can't be open enough with her to ask what she was doing rifling through your bag, how can you call her a friend?
My pencil case was on the table, right next to her xD

You absolutely must confront her then.
Reply 17
Maybe she was looking for tampons? :dontknow:
I guess it depends on how close friend she is. If it was my best friend I would have laughed and asked what she was doing :tongue: If you checked and nothing was missing then don't jump to conclusions, maybe she needed a pen or a tissue.
Reply 19
Do the same to her and see how she reacts, might teach her not to do it again. She could've done it before, bit weird of her anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest