OliPirie98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I really need to get a C in my German but my listening and reading is dreadful - I got a U and an E in my mocks.

Speaking - B - 75% bang in the middle - 30% of GCSE
Writing - A - 85% bang in the middle - 30% of GCSE

What would the lowest score I can get in my Listening and Reading in order to get a C which together would be 40% of the GCSE?

Thanks a lot!
RavenclawPolly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What exam board are you on, because on their website they have grade boundaries from past years. But they fluctuate a lot depending on the exam. Also they have all the past papers on the exam board website so i suggest doing those for practice, that helped me a lot. I also recommend the letts GCSE success revision guide it has loads of vocab, practice questions and revision techniques in it and it is also really cheap of amazon.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We firstly need to know the exam board. Secondly, we need to know either what your UMS was, or from what series (i.e. Year + January/June/November) those mocks were from.
OliPirie98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
We firstly need to know the exam board. Secondly, we need to know either what your UMS was, or from what series (i.e. Year + January/June/November) those mocks were from.
It is Edexcel and 2013 June series of mocks.

(Original post by RavenclawPolly)
What exam board are you on, because on their website they have grade boundaries from past years. But they fluctuate a lot depending on the exam. Also they have all the past papers on the exam board website so i suggest doing those for practice, that helped me a lot. I also recommend the letts GCSE success revision guide it has loads of vocab, practice questions and revision techniques in it and it is also really cheap of amazon.
Thank you for that - yes have ordered some german books via Amazon. My exam board is Edexcel! Do you have any idea what the lowest grade I can get on listening and reading to get that C?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (68)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my education (77)
17.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
9.28%
Isolating with family (27)
6.11%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (18)
4.07%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (36)
8.14%
Loneliness (43)
9.73%
Financial worries (15)
3.39%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (43)
9.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (31)
7.01%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (43)
9.73%

Watched Threads