?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anybody else have a birthday on Christmas Day? I'll be 18 this year
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to know a girl in my class at school whose birthday was on Christmas day. Does it not kind of suck? You pretty much HAVE to do Christmas on Christmas day, and nothing is open anyway, so you could never go to a nightclub or to the cinema or whatever for your birthday. I don't think I'd like it myself. Still I suppose it's what you're used to.

My birthday is 20th December (I just turned 30) and that's awkward enough, but at least places are open on mine.

Happy 18th for 2 days time.
RosieEPQ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
I used to know a girl in my class at school whose birthday was on Christmas day. Does it not kind of suck? You pretty much HAVE to do Christmas on Christmas day, and nothing is open anyway, so you could never go to a nightclub or to the cinema or whatever for your birthday. I don't think I'd like it myself. Still I suppose it's what you're used to.

My birthday is 20th December (I just turned 30) and that's awkward enough, but at least places are open on mine.

Happy 18th for 2 days time.
It's not too bad, my family are very understanding and let me have the morning as my birthday and the afternoon as Christmas the pub is open on Christmas Day, so we're going on a family outing for my first legal drink!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jeje198
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One of my friends' birthday is on Xmas as well...and I'll be 16 on New Year's Day (just a week from now yay!)

Happy birthday (and Merry Xmas for tomorrow too!
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I always wonder whether I should get them a Christmas or birthday present....
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
I always wonder whether I should get them a Christmas or birthday present....
Both of course, just like you would if their birthday was in July. That's a no brainer.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My birthday is January 10th and I think that's too close to Christmas as it is :sad:
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't know anyone born on Christmas Day...a friend on Boxing Day and my sister on New Year's Day.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 23 on Christmas Day/tomorrow. It was VERY annoying when I was younger, not having that special day like everyone else cause Christmas obviously takes priority and I always wanted my birthday to have been in the middle of the year, so I didn't have to wait a full 12 months for the next day of presents, but in time I got over it and tbh its only when I saw this thread that I actually remembered it was my birthday tomorrow lol. Though my parents did sort of make Boxing Day my unofficial birthday and I get my birthday presents then as well. And there are a few positives, such as never having to go to school on my birthday and with a full football schedule on Boxing Day every year, I know that I can go to a football match every year on my birthday guaranteed, so its not all bad
Neostigmine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My 25th birthday was yesterday but I was due on the 25th :yes: I love having a christmas birthday. Everything is so festive and decorated, everyone is usually in a good mood and have the day off to celebrate which is lovely <3 Kicks Christmas off a little early. I guess it helps that I LOVE christmas. ^_^

Happy birthday to all the Christmas babies <3
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
My mum told me when I was younger that it was impossible to be born on Christmas day because that was Jesus' birthday. :rofl:
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My dad's is in early January, and he is very sensitive to it being a proper celebration as he often received joint Christmas and birthday presents as a child.
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to know a girl whose birthday was 25th December... Unfortunately she passed away a few years back

My partner's birthday is 18th January and I think that's close enough to Christmas as it is - he already got what he wanted for Christmas, so I struggle to know what to get him. He hates any "tacky" presents or things like chocolates/smellies, so...
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel sorry for those with xmas birthdays, as people think a joint present is acceptable. And your birthday gets completely wiped out
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
my brother's due date: christmas day
he was born on: christmas day

troll baby
Olie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by *Dreaming*)
I feel sorry for those with xmas birthdays, as people think a joint present is acceptable. And your birthday gets completely wiped out
It does unfortunately, as a child its incredibly frustrating, especially when you've seen everyone else have their special day on whatever day of the year, while Christmas just simply has to take priority over yours, on some years, it has taken a few hours into the day for anyone to remember to wish me a happy birthday. I remember having the possibility of a 'half-birthday' in the middle of the year a while back, but my parents never got round to organising that. Needless to say in my 20s, I'm over it, but I spent a lot of my childhood pissed off about it.
Neostigmine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by *Dreaming*)

I hear a lot about the idea of joint presents, but as someone with a birthday of Dec 23rd I can honestly say I have there is only one time I can remember that it has happened. It was because I was after something that was way out of xmas/birthday budget, but if you combined the two budgets it was fine. Otherwise I have always had separate gifts!

Maybe I have been lucky, but it seems like it is something people who don't have xmas birthdays think happens, when it isn't all that common!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads